recycled

Intro from a newby

Just wanted to say hi.

Been lurking the site for about 8 or 10 months while I was overseas and jealous the whole time. Just returned home to Temecula/Winchester area and finally picked up a new bike. Got an '09 DRZ SM, but have not had a chance to get the dirt wheels on it yet. Likely will not get them until next fall due to medical and work schedules. Guess I'll be following other peoples rides for a while and just do some light exploring with the street tires.

I'm originally from the east coast and did a lot of trail riding and novice motocross in the early 80's, but have not done much riding in the last 20 or so years. Street riding was light commuting. Did the occasional SM track day and some borrowed bikes for weekend trips. I usually travel 8-10 months a year for work, so I have not had much time to ride when I am home.

Looking forward so seeing you folks on the trails and apologize in advance for any stupid DRZ questions that I may ask in the future.

Welcome to the group, that SuMo is a slick machine :o Hope to catch you out on a ride sometime!!

A SuMo with knobbies can do most of the informal rides we do...if in doubt just ask.

We had some dual sports with street front tires on the last Corral ride and they did great.

Welcome to the club

Yup we have a couple others of us with tard wheels also for some street fun. I have done multiple rides on street tires on my 21/18 wheel set and know others who have done it also.

The avon distanza's are pretty good on both in the SM compound, or like some have said you can put knobbies on the 17s

A big WELCOME to another "northerner".

Were you overseas in The Service, or for work or other fun?

What part of the east coast you from?

Hope to see you on ride soon.

Thanks for all the welcomes,

I work overseas on the support ships for the military. Somebody has to take the cheesy poofs and soda to the guys to keep them happy.

Originally from central PA. Just east of State College.

Should not be hard to spot me when I'm out, black DRZ and a retina searing jacket

Welcome! There are no bad questions on this site & plenty of folks with tons of answers (usually not me). :lol:

Jump on or post up a ride. Always folks looking for new areas.

Hey Doug, I notice you live in Canyon Lake. I remember a few years back that the AMA was involved in some kind of suit with the Canyon Lake HOA, about riding your street legal bike on the streets inside the gates? Are you able to ride inside the gate?

Stll no riding inside the gate, despite numerous attempts to have the rule changed.

I could go on and on about this but it's probably a subject for a different thread.

Meanwhile, still in motorcycle hell.

Stll no riding inside the gate, despite numerous attempts to have the rule changed.

I could go on and on about this but it's probably a subject for a different thread.

At least you can go fishing. There's a lot of great bass up in your neighborhood. B)

I made my mom move... entering that community is like going to prison (as a visitor :ph34r: )

My mom had to pick me up when I rode my bike up... when I drive, you have to show a CDL and proof of insurance... LIKE I even HAVE that stuff!!! :)

;)

It was pretty cool though... she had a place with a dock, so a 20 second hike gets you on the lake... but the weekends were crazy crowded

Get you black DRZ (the crashiest color) and pay us a visit

Welcome to the club.....come on out on saturday for trail building at corral canyon....Great Initiation!...you can meet some folks..long drive for you though ....

Welcome to the club.....come on out on saturday for trail building at corral canyon....Great Initiation!...you can meet some folks..long drive for you though ....

Sorry, Won't be able to make it. Have several family events this weekend that I have to attend.