Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Mounting stuff to your bars

How do you mount a roll chart holder and or a GPS to your bars? Where is the room or space?

I never paid attention to how things get mounted, though I've seen a few bikes with GPS and misc. gadgets on the bars. Somebody put up some pictures. :)

How do you mount a roll chart holder and or a GPS to your bars? Where is the room or space?

GPS = Ram Mounts

Recently the KTM has been toting the HUGE 2610 on a RAM Mount all around AB. (that reminds me, I should make that teather this weekend).

As for the Roll charts........ hummm it just gets squeezed in there........ Have to work on that one.

Ill be watching this thread for pictures of any good ideas.

Spyder

754558501_yFUhG-L.jpg

754558178_tvYoR-L.jpg

I know I am in the minority here, in that I still run a 7/8" bar with a cross bar; my roll chart holder and gps both mount on that

I never paid attention to how things get mounted, though I've seen a few bikes with GPS and misc. gadgets on the bars. Somebody put up some pictures. B)

Here are some pics of my Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx mounted with a RAM mount and hard wired.

post-7075-1262390446.jpg

post-7075-1262390518.jpg

post-7075-1262390529.jpg

post-7075-1262390551.jpg

post-7075-1262390566.jpg

my GPS and roll chart holder mount to the cross bar... I still have those on my DS bikes, partially for this reason.

I never paid attention to how things get mounted, though I've seen a few bikes with GPS and misc. gadgets on the bars. Somebody put up some pictures. B)

Here are some pics of my Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx mounted with a RAM mount and hard wired.

Might want to attach your GPS tether to something other than the mount....

Rollchart holders mount using a hose clamp on your bars or crossbar......it's easy !

I use a Ram mount for my GPS......using the clamp and ball mount.

Guess there are two threads for some reason........ This was posted in the other thread earlier this morning.

GPS = Ram Mounts

Recently the KTM has been toting the HUGE 2610 on a RAM Mount all around AB. (that reminds me, I should make that teather this weekend).

As for the Roll charts........ hummm it just gets squeezed in there........ Have to work on that one.

Ill be watching this thread for pictures of any good ideas.

Spyder

754558501_yFUhG-L.jpg

754558178_tvYoR-L.jpg

I have the RAM mount on a 7/8ths bar with a crossbar but my GPS wont mount to that small of a tube I think. The ticket is to get the triple clamp mounting hand guards like Crawdaddy has that opens up the space a bit.

Lots more room on those bars than on mine...

At least for now, I have a Garmin handlebar mount (small and even then BARELY fit)....I attach the teather strap to the crossbar and also add a zip tie or two....I like the low profile keeping the unit close to the bars for protection...[for those rare occasions that it might get closer to the ground than intended.. ;) .]

I'll have to look at the RAM mounts on some bikes and perhaps upgrade..

I get the mount for the GPS, let me mention I have the big bars with no cross. So seeing the GPS mounts get the unit up and off the bar. Now the roll chart holder is flat and low, I used to mount one to my cross bar on off road enduro. I didn't have light switchs, mirror, and stuff plus I had the space on the cross bar. So I don't see any photos or suggestion on mounting the roll chart.

Here is what is on the SXC. I dont really care for it. It does work however.

755432514_9KKfM-L.jpg

755432473_5kzto-L.jpg

755432542_yK8Ri-L.jpg

Does anyone know if RAM Mounts make an accessory to mount roll charts a few inches away from the handle bars? A flat accessory holder...

Spyder