Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

McCain 12/30/09

Nice write up..love the scenery....I must get out there soon.

(must be my New England upbringing...but I just don't have the same appreciation that the Californians do for rain....I much prefer to visit and ride "AFTER" the rain falls then leaves...and the nice warm sunshine comes out....weather cancelled half my childhood- so I guess I still hate the rain!)

I just put the proverbial 2 and 2 together and realized I saw you at McCain gearing up and heading out. My bro in law and I were in the black F150 with the 450 EXC and the CR 500 in the bed. We were packing up as you were heading out. I will say howdy next time! Here we were thinking we nailed it by being loaded up before it rained and I see that's what you enjoy. Different strokes for different folks B) 4 strokes all around!

The more it rains at McCain, the better it gets out there. There's no way it could ever rain too much at that place. I don't have to have rain, but it helps, because there are less folks out on the trails during the rain. After a rain is nice too.

post rain weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock and roll

post rain weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock and roll

You sound pretty psyched up for a ride. B)

its kinda dusty again............with some decent moist spots......but mostly dusty dagnammit!!(let down)

"new" rock sections are amazing with some near verts, very cool enduro stuff.

its kinda dusty again............with some decent moist spots......but mostly dusty dagnammit!!(let down)

"new" rock sections are amazing with some near verts, very cool enduro stuff.

Sounds good (except for the dust part :lol: ), but I have to wait until Monday to order the new carburetor slide for my KDX, so no technical trails for me this weekend....unless I want to pinch some frame rails on the KLX. :D

Nice, i went there today. I thought i saw a husky, did you go out again today?

I went bass fishing at El Capitan today. :)

I saw Roberts rig at Janets this morning, then he did a report on Lark later

Eddie prolly saw Robert out there...eddie; ride your new bike? Have a report?

Oh haha. The bike i saw looked exactly like yours. The trails looked pretty good today.

Oh haha. The bike i saw looked exactly like yours. The trails looked pretty good today.

Eddies crew was in the same lot as our crew we were right there , yes BS, I had my oatmeal and raisins fuel for the ride at the restaurant!! rode some wicked vert rocks and some super bumpy stuff as well as flowing stuff.

Mine was the only husky I saw up there,,,,and still bummed about the dust content!! glad you all had fun.RN