Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Introduction

Hello Everyone,

Just a note to introduce myself. My name is Jim and I am a 40 year old Navy guy who lives in El Centro. Moved here from Washington DC almost a year ago. Hadn't ridden in the dirt in 20 years! Hell, hadn't ridden anything for almost 15 years between school, work, life, moving all over the world, etc. As always, life got in the way. Had a street bike for a few years until I sold it three years ago, as DC traffic just made it not worth it. Bought an Honda TRX450R when I got out here and love riding a quad in the desert, but soon found the fun of a bike in the dirt.

Always wanted to do adventure riding, and after reading a lot of what Crawdaddy wrote on the ADV site, I recently bought a new 2008 WR250R. Figured it was a good bike to get back into the dirt with.

Looking forward to many miles of dirt!

Welcome. Caution... :lol:... Crawdaddy could sell ice to Eskimo's........................ :o Nah, he's a good guy and a wealth of dual-sport knowledge. Hope to see you on the trail soon. Once again, welcome.

Audible

Welcome Jim and thank you for serving our country!

I've been a member here for a few months and i've been on 2 rides. More riding in the very near future.

Good group of riders here. They like to joke around and give us newbies a hard time but it's all in good fun.

Is your bike plated?

Oh no.....Crawdaddy talked someone else into buying a girl bike?? You need to get some farkles and a lot of black on that thing to MAN it up!!! :o

Hehehe just givin ya a hard time, enjoy the bike, hope to catch you on a ride sometime :lol:

Brenden, that 250R is Factory Plated and Electronic Fuel Injection :o

Welcome to the group!

There is a pretty decent track on the base in El Centro. Once you get on the base, go talk to anyone at Strike. Should be able to get you in touch with the folks who run the track. Good place to work on skills.

See ya on the trail.

Welcome aboard. Probably not too many of us out that way, but plenty of winter desert rides posted here for out that way.

Hello Everyone,

Just a note to introduce myself. My name is Jim and I am a 40 year old Navy guy who lives in El Centro. Moved here from Washington DC almost a year ago. Hadn't ridden in the dirt in 20 years! Hell, hadn't ridden anything for almost 15 years between school, work, life, moving all over the world, etc. As always, life got in the way. Had a street bike for a few years until I sold it three years ago, as DC traffic just made it not worth it. Bought an Honda TRX450R when I got out here and love riding a quad in the desert, but soon found the fun of a bike in the dirt.

Always wanted to do adventure riding, and after reading a lot of what Crawdaddy wrote on the ADV site, I recently bought a new 2008 WR250R. Figured it was a good bike to get back into the dirt with.

Welcome to the site Jim. I see you made it safely home from the BRC. I have already been on a ride with the members here and have only been registered less than a week. There is always someone willing to go for a ride or someone setting one up.

-Shane

(The KLR at the BRC class)

Welcome Jim. I'm sure C-Daddy will have a list of things he's done to his to show you. As DD said, a lot of rides/weekends spent out your way.

Feel free to stop by for a ride/beer/burger when I drag the toybox out.

Welcome aboard!

Bout time you signed up......see you out at Stuper-Stition next week and Terribles shortly thereafter.......

welcome jim....use to ride out your way alot with quads, then I finally smartened up and got a bike, then another, then another....my kids finally said "mom..no more bikes!...Happy riding, see you at primm?

All,

Thanks for the reception.

Strega, good thing I didn't know any of you guys other than Crawdaddy when I got my girl bike. That way nobody could put streamers and a basket on it like his. Bought mine from the same place and randomly showed up so that none of the guys at work could do what you guys did. At least it looks like a real WR to the untrained eye, getting me a few man points!

Shane, had a great time at the class. They are going to do the MSF dirt bike class for Navy guys out here next month if your at all interested.

While I have less than 50 miles on the bike, I have spent something like $10 for every mile on stuff that wasn't needed, but I was at least able to justify to the wife! As I told Crawdaddy, my head is spinning trying to keep up with his farkleization. I think it is a lost cause.

See you around!

Jim

As I told Crawdaddy, my head is spinning trying to keep up with his farkleization. I think it is a lost cause.

I sold two bikes so I'm using that as my justification to "perfume the little pig".........it's an illness.......don't catch it.......

Shane, had a great time at the class. They are going to do the MSF dirt bike class for Navy guys out here next month if your at all interested.

Jim

I went to the class like a week after I got the KLR. I think I should have waited to go to the Dirt Bike Course after I rode the dirt a little longer. I think I would have gotten more out of the class. But I had a good time doing the class none-the-less.