Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Track Day At Christi's/Photos

Thanks to Christi and her boy friend John for the invite to ride their own track. We could not of asked for a better day, the sun was out and the dirt was in the best condition. About 10 riders showed up, some of Christi's racing friends and a couple from our group. Schwinn came with his new rocket CR500 and Mimi with her mini rocket CR85. Today was the first time I have ever rode a modern motocross bike on a track, I have only rode my vintage MX bikes on a MX track. Wow and yahoo, I rode my daughter's YZ250F. She was a no show so I said what the heck, and now we may have a problem. Any way here are a few photos from my camera.

Mimi on the mini rocket

DSC_1648.jpg

Schwinn on his 4 stroke

DSC_1651.jpg

Christi

DSC_1730.jpg

and a couple of Christi's fast girl friends

DSC_1722.jpg

DSC_1669.jpg

And then how can it get any better to relax in the garage living room when your tired.

DSC_1666.jpg

Thanks again. Kelly

Carpooled up to "Duffyland" with Schwinn. It was team Honda for the day. Got out there and took a lap or two around the track. I just keep riding more and more horrible all the time when it comes to track riding. This morning, I couldn't seem to hold a line in the berms, so I pulled off the track, somewhat dejected and Schwinn says "Your front tire looks low." I'm thinkin "yeah...whatevs...." and went to see about putting some air in it. The tire turned out to be not just low, but pretty much flat. I filled it up, Christi checked the pressure and off I went, cornering considerably better. Who'da thought. B)

Nice and muddy conditions in the morning firmed up to nice traction by early afternoon. Everybody from burnt out slowpokes (like myself <_< ) to factory sponsored professional MX racers (what a cool guy Bryce was and faster than jetstink :o ) shared the track for some roostin' good fun.

Later I went out with the camera, but by then people were off the track and taking a snackie break in the compound. I got off a few pitchurs anyway. After that, it was time to wash some of the mud off our bikes and head home. Thanks to Christi and John for hosting another great event, and thanks to Schwinn for shuttling me and the Flea up there for a Honda kind of a day on the track. ;)

People relaxing inside.

DSC_0001.jpg

Andrea hits a turn. The track had been groomed and prepared considerably for this day.

DSC_0011.jpg

Christi in the foreground, Lauri in the background.

DSC_0020.jpg

Kelly enjoys some berms.

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

Christi haulin' the mail.

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Plenty of traction and beautiful sky to enjoy.

DSC_0045.jpg

Muddy bikes at the end of the day. Mine's lower to the ground, so it got dirtier than the big one. :lol:

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

We were able to wash some of that mud off, before heading home.

DSC_0065.jpg

Dangit, figures when I think its gonna rain so I dont wanna ride from Oceanside it turns out perfect!

No one posted up that they were heading out there and I thought if I did I might be crashing Christi's alone. Guess that goes to show I should take an invitation to ride first and worry about who else is going or what the weather is like later B) I've yet to ride a track sure looks like you guys were having fun.

The track was the best its been in years. Too bad some of you missed it.

Thanks for the photos. I'll post some too in the next couple of days!

We loved having everyone out.

Stay tuned for next time. B)

Here are a few more photos:

This is Bryce Valle (nice kid turning pro this year)

P1000812.JPG

This was the only puddle left on the track at the end of the day. My friend Becky gets wet!

P1000826.JPG

Mimi looking cool as ever

P1000761.JPG

Mimi again

P1000785.JPG

My friends Kitty and Tim. This married couple battles it out on the track. Fun to watch

P1000797.JPG

Andrea kicks it up

P1000769.JPG

Bryce

P1000793.JPG

I think Schwin's head is in this photo

Duffyland1_040.jpg

Andrea in the corner

P1000774.JPG

Nice shots, Christi. Pics of me prove that I can LOOK like I'm going fast as long as nobody can actually see me moving. B):lol:B)

Great Pics and looks like alot of fun...sorry I had to sacrifice my visit up there for tire install [to ride corral yesterday (will post that later)].....Hope to make it next time for sure...thanks for hosting Christie..

thank you come again........ :ph34r: looks like fun i am jealous. very nice offer, and sweet track

OK. here is a video. I hope this works

Yeah, it worked. Cool vid. It was funny, because I could hear my li'l CR screaming it's brains out over the four strokes, even though it wasn't on the screen. :ph34r::blink:B)

That looks like a good time out there!!! :blink: Thanks for sharing and inviting people...Very cool!! Maybe next time I can convince my wife to roll out there with the kx100??? :ph34r:

That looks like a good time out there!!! :blink: Thanks for sharing and inviting people...Very cool!! Maybe next time I can convince my wife to roll out there with the kx100??? :ph34r:

Todd, it would be a great place to intro your wife to track riding if its new to her.

That looks like a good time out there!!! :good: Thanks for sharing and inviting people...Very cool!! Maybe next time I can convince my wife to roll out there with the kx100??? B)

That would be Great! She would fit right in. :)

That video was awsome. What I thought was cool was that there were alot of couples out there riding together and alot of comroderie. Very relaxed atmosphere as if everyone was family.