KTMrad

February 2010 DESERT DASH Flyer is Up on Site

Go to the front page EVENTS link for the Desert Dash flyer, or CLICK HERE

Please get your entries in early, as this ride sells out every year !

Hope to see you there.

I'll volunteer for doing GPS uploads again this year and I'll partner up or trio to run sweep.

Assuming I am not half dead with the flu like last year I can volunteer for duty Sat afternoon through Sunday. I work on Friday nights ( Ballroom Classes).

I figure I started the Swine Flu epidemic last year during the Desert Dash so I should be immune this year. :)

Randy, did you get the Husky picture from Paul at GP? Maybe we can start a volunteer post in the members forum and get a mod to move these there.

Randy, did you get the Husky picture from Paul at GP? Maybe we can start a volunteer post in the members forum and get a mod to move these there.

That guy on the flyer looks like one of our own members, Esefa.

Please leave this thread for Desert Dash info and questions only.

Starting another thread for DD Volunteers.

thanks !

Ken, pic is from one of the members on SDAR, a pic posted quite awhile ago.

Volunteer Thread started in Open Discussion Forum.

BUMP

Volunteer positions appear to be filled, go to Volunteer Thread in Open Discussion.

Thanks !!

Just a BUMP.......please get your entries in early to guarantee your chance to ride.

Volunteers, you don't need to send in an entry form.

Thanks !

How much time is spent on roads, and what roads will it be on? Any highway/freeway riding?

Wil- Some road, some hi-way, some dirt, some sand... I don't think there was any freeway, per se... freeway SPEEDS? SURE!

Do it

Wil- Some road, some hi-way, some dirt, some sand... I don't think there was any freeway, per se... freeway SPEEDS? SURE!

Do it

Well I only have my permit, which means no highway or freeway riding, but I can probably squeeze by if its not more than 50 miles on the freeway. Ever have any problems with cops?

Do it

Well I only have my permit, which means no highway or freeway riding, but I can probably squeeze by if its not more than 50 miles on the freeway. Ever have any problems with cops?

I have problems with cops all the time, but never at the dash... I THINK all of the routes are ok on a permit... It is not "freeway"... I'll do a quick DMV check and get back with you PM

No freeways on the ride.

2 lane Highways will be S2, S22, and 78, and various other side roads.

Ride is at least 70% dirt. Longest pavement stretch at once is probably 15 miles maximum.

No freeways on the ride.

2 lane Highways will be S2, S22, and 78, and various other side roads.

Ride is at least 70% dirt. Longest pavement stretch at once is probably 15 miles maximum.

What % Sand B)

Newbie to town. On the lodging section, is that for each person to set up their own or do you choose which you would prefer when you sign up?

You make your own lodging arrangements.

The spot on the entry form is just for our information, to keep track of how many people stay at the campground v. motels.

What % Sand :(

We can add more sandy sections if you'd like ;)

There's plenty of sand in the desert.

Is there any special spots the SDAR members try to get at the Butter Field resort. We have a 30 class A.

Do we need to have a ride partner to list on the Entry Form? This will be my first time and have not really been on any DS rides with anyone yet.

Thanks Kelly

Is there any special spots the SDAR members try to get at the Butter Field resort. We have a 30 class A.

Do we need to have a ride partner to list on the Entry Form? This will be my first time and have not really been on any DS rides with anyone yet.

Thanks Kelly

Kelly, when you call to register, tell them you are with the SDAR Desert Dash ride, and they will put you in the area where all the riders will be, and you're you'll get a discount for the camping.

That goes for everyone staying there for the ride.......tell Butterfield Ranch you're with the Dualsport Ride, and you get a discount on the camping.

BUMP

Randy

Will we receive some kind of notification saying that you got our registration and we are good to go?

Rex

BUMP

Randy

Will we receive some kind of notification saying that you got our registration and we are good to go?

Rex

Yes, when I get around to it. Usually sometime in January or February. I'll try to get to the early entries soon.

BUMP

Randy

Rex

Yes, when I get around to it. Usually sometime in January or February. I'll try to get to the early entries soon.

Excellent. Thank you..