Bagstr

They Had Us In Their Sights..

But we got clean away!

Another great group showed up; Beezz, Sneeker, Pyro, Karlaeda, N2TM & BAGSTR.

692702687_muU7n-L.jpg

Cool at the 0835 start, wasn't that nice. Windy as a surprise.

692702743_SseC4-L.jpg

A few HUNTERS in Deer Park, a whole bunch on Oriflamme Mtn. The guy in the tent blind 30ft from our lookout was a BUMMER. I thought it a good idea to exit the area as I felt his gun sight on my torso. And me thinking it being the second day of the season they would have all had hangovers @ 10:00AM Sunday. We settled for a good view from what I think is the Phantom Trail Trail head.

692702854_dh3J4-L.jpg

Buzzed over to Cedar Creek and had a good run up the hill to finish the morning.

692702959_GjK8d-L.jpg

Thanks Gents, See you next time.

I'm not sure if the ride sounds too ideal, but the company sounds petty good. Would have liked to have joined you guys, but getting to Pine Valley by 8 didn't sound like a good idea to me. I ended up taking an afternoon jaunt around Palomar Mtn and Ramona area. Not many hunters up that way.

It was a great group and a sweet ride. Thank you Bagstr for putting this together and for leading us safely through the hunting grounds. I forgot to bring my antler helmet, so I tried to construct one real quick using some sticks that were laying around. The guys advised against it, so I reluctantly agreed and away we went . . . Here's a few pics:

10_25_09-SDAR004.jpg

10_25_09-SDAR013.jpg

10_25_09-SDAR014.jpg

10_25_09-SDAR032.jpg

10_25_09-SDAR035.jpg

10_25_09-SDAR036.jpg

10_25_09-SDAR037.jpg

10_25_09-SDAR039.jpg

10_25_09-SDAR040.jpg

10_25_09-SDAR041.jpg

10_25_09-SDAR045.jpg

10_25_09-SDAR046.jpg

Ride On Forever !

Thanks to Bagster for the "BAGSTER'S GIANT LOOP". 75 miles of smiles. Everything seems faster from my wife's XT 225 height. The bike liked 65 mph in 5th gear. It still had a 6th gear that I dipped into now and then (on the down hill when pedaling quickly). Three of the group went over to Bear Valley Rd. (south of 8 at pine valley) and put in an hour ride at the end of your journey. Met up with Spaugh & friend. I bottomed out the suspension on the bike all day long and renamed the water diverters to the "jump and smash." I think the bike hates me now. It is like when you give somebody a piggy back ride and they refuse to get off. Oh well. What are you going to do.

Do not worry about the hunters, they know the difference between deer and colorfull motobikers. They are the ones trying to be patient. But, we all need to share the land. Ride On!

Hey Bagster,

Thanks for leading an awesome run today. The landscape was amazing.

Pyro - special thanks for riding sweep!

Here are my pictures.

umm...how do I do it?

Take one!

...and take two:

post-13539-1256522151_thumb.jpg

post-13539-1256522159_thumb.jpg

post-13539-1256522166_thumb.jpg

post-13539-1256522173_thumb.jpg

post-13539-1256522179_thumb.jpg

post-13539-1256522197_thumb.jpg

post-13539-1256522207_thumb.jpg

...Think I got it right.

Nice pics and commentary. I stopped by while they were staging at Major's in to say Hi on my way up to Corral to ride with spaugh and Clayton. It was good to see you guys and meet some of you for the first time.

There were some "hunters" camped at Bobcat campground. I think they were really posers not hunters. Who goes to an offroad area to hunt?

There were some "hunters" camped at Bobcat campground. I think they were really posers not hunters. Who goes to an offroad area to hunt?

Actually, a lot of people have gone out there over the years to hunt. Back in the 80s, I didn't see it, but by the time the late 90s rolled around I began to see birders out there on Espinoza trail with their shotguns. Just the last weekend that I rode out there, I saw three guys with bird dogs out on Sky Valley. Lots of Valley quail and also some of those big blue Mountain quail out there. So it has become more popular over the years. Not as many rifle hunters going out there for deer, but I've seen some of those guys on ATVs with their rifle mounted on the handlebars out there in the fall and winter.

Good times... Thanks bagstr for getting this ride going.

Very fun ride, excellent scenery and a great group; glad to finely meet some of the South County guys.

The Big Red Pig was a blast to ride on the truck trails, it has been a while since I have gotten close to WOT on her. But riding single track in the OHV area the BRP was a bit much, a XR250 piglet would have been my choice there.

I love this sport. Great workout, both upper and lower body, dead lifts if I drop the pig...tons of fun!

Nah, on second thought I'll skip the dead lifts. <_<

Thanks all for the good time, I look forward to riding again soon! B)

~Sneeker~

What was the purpose of this ride again............... Oh yea, to find out how the new steering angle settings worked out for you. Yet, not a word about it. <_< Inquiring minds want to know.

What was the purpose of this ride again............... Oh yea, to find out how the new steering angle settings worked out for you. Yet, not a word about it. <_< Inquiring minds want to know.

Gosh, looks like he spent most of the day steering around, so it must have worked. B)

What was the purpose of this ride again............... Oh yea, to find out how the new steering angle settings worked out for you. Yet, not a word about it. :unsure: Inquiring minds want to know.

Check this out if you missed it. http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...t=15#entry56534

There is also a thread on the Thumpers page @ AdvRider.com