Chief Gunner

Corral Canyon this Saturday

My buddy Tim will be meeting up with me and riding his YZ426 on Saturday...who else want's to get some time in the saddle on some trails so we can get back into the rhythm in preparation for an Epic Season?

I would like to join in the fun. I'll just stay off the crazy stuff if I go.

Cool, I was thinking about doing it again too. Maybe a replay of last Saturday, eh? Where are you planning on staging? Bobcat CG?

Not sure anything can top last weekend's EPIC ride, but yeah I want to hit the same trails again on my 2 stroke with more awareness and aggressiveness. I should trade my 2 stroke up for a new one with an electric start. Spaugh's burger and your beer topped off that epic ride with flavor. :unsure: I'm not fully hitched, but I can't get a hall pass this weekend - will be banging tennis balls or volleyballs on Saturday. Trails 3 and 9 are crazy - more technical than Redonda Ridge Trail in Lake Arrowhead. They take energy, aggressiveness, balance, mental attention, breathing, momentum, and balls. Knowing the trail and what to expect help, but I also understand why peeps would never want to touch those trails again. Spur Meadow Trail gets more fun after each ride!!!! B)

Well I had some plans to go to Kennedy Meadows this weekend but those fell through...

When are you planning to start and what difficulty of riding are you planing? I think I may join you.

Josh

My friend Tim will be meeting up with me at the carpool lot on the 79 (He's trucking his YZ down from Elsinore). Then we'll head out to CC. Bobcat is where I was thinking of meeting up. I'm gonna bring the green sticker 500.

Tim has an '01 green sticker yz426, I've been trying to get him to get it plated but he just likes to trail ride with it.

Not planning on getting too crazy, I'm still feeling the beast out and trying to get back into good riding form. I'm up for just about any level of difficulty but will reserve myself so it's a good ride for everyone and I'll try not to slow anyone down B) .

Tim is like me, he had a long lay off from riding and just wants to get some hours logged in the saddle before he cuts it loose out at the desert.

I would say this should be a relaxed paced type of ride with a few moments of "stretching the legs" thrown in :)

There's still allot of trails out there I have not fully explored yet, I think I have a map somewhere :unsure:

Should be at Bobcat Meadow Campground sometime between 9-10.

here's a map I found of the area for those interested.

corralcanyon2005-2.gif

I am in.

Anyone want to carpool from Rancho San Diego, El Cajon, Jamul area, 79 hwy/8 hwy park-n-ride.

Jamul resident.

Beezzz

I will leave Pine Valley at 8:30 and look for you at Bobcat Meadow camp ground.

If anyone wants to join me for the ride down the Kernan cycle trail call me at 760-877-8276.

I will be coming from Escondido with a trailer that holds two if anyone wants to carpool.

Bill

I forgot, is this a plated or stickered area. I might bring my trials bike down there and mess around if I don't need a plate.

I forgot, is this a plated or stickered area. I might bring my trials bike down there and mess around if I don't need a plate.

A sticker is all you need. Its red sticker season too so bring it on. I'm planning to bring my trials bike. There are lots of places to play on the little trials machines. I'll be at Bobcat CG by 9:30 or so. Lets try and get the spots at the back like last week.

Sounds like the plan, Tim's gonna swing by and throw my CR in his truck so we'll see ya's there :unsure:

Not to heckel you on the details Aaron, but which CR?

Have fun out there I wish I could join you but I'll be somewhere between Florida and California on Saturday.

Cheers!

Sounds like the plan, Tim's gonna swing by and throw my CR in his truck so we'll see ya's there :unsure:

Not to heckel you on the details Aaron, but which CR?

Have fun out there I wish I could join you but I'll be somewhere between Florida and California on Saturday.

Cheers!

I'll be riding the big CR :o The little European CR needs fork seals and fresh fork fluid.

The little European CR needs fork seals and fresh fork fluid.

Did you ever get the PM I sent you? :unsure:

I did get it, I still have not gotten off of my butt to order the seals & fluid. If you want I can bring the forks & hand 'em over to you and just add the cost of the seals and fluid to the payment for the work. :unsure:

I did get it, I still have not gotten off of my butt to order the seals & fluid. If you want I can bring the forks & hand 'em over to you and just add the cost of the seals and fluid to the payment for the work. :unsure:

Sounds good to me. :o

A sticker is all you need. Its red sticker season too so bring it on. I'm planning to bring my trials bike. There are lots of places to play on the little trials machines. I'll be at Bobcat CG by 9:30 or so. Lets try and get the spots at the back like last week.

How about no sticker :-)

Due to the screwed up VIN they use on the GG bikes I haven't been able to get the thing registered in CA.

Hopefully no one will be there busting chops for it.

If I can get a hall pass I'll be down there at 9:30 (if I can figure out where Bobcat CG is)

If I can get a hall pass I'll be down there at 9:30 (if I can figure out where Bobcat CG is)

Bobcat is the campground that is closest to Lake Morena. When you get up to Four Corners, just hang a left and then you'll be headed in the right direction.

How about no sticker :-)

Due to the screwed up VIN they use on the GG bikes I haven't been able to get the thing registered in CA.

Hopefully no one will be there busting chops for it.

With no sticker its a toss up. A ranger came by last week in the morning but did not stop and check anything. I think they said they would be by later and check for our parking passes (Adventure Passes) but we never saw them again. Could of been when we were out riding.

I don't remember it being a big deal to register my GG last year. I had bought it used from a guy like 7 years ago and just had a hand written sales receipt. I think I had to have it inspected and the VIN verified but that was it. I do remember when the DMV inspector was looking it over he started asking some strange questions. It turns out he thought he was inspecting it for a street plate. What an idiot he was. Once I told him I was just trying to get an offroad sticker it was a piece of cake. As Forest Gump says, "It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get."

If you follow Corral Canyon Road all the way in to the top of the hill that is the Four Corners Trailhead parking area. At the intersection there take the left and follow the pavement about a mile to Bobcat Campground. We should be all the way at the back of te campground. Hopefully we'll see you there.

Hijack on. A non-conforming VIN just needs to be run thru DMV after a few forms. I had to do it on a Chinese buggy & quad. No prob.

I'd be glad to print off the forms from DMV's site and do the verification for ya. DMV will still have to run it in their computer but at least the paperwork will be done.

That would be helpful.

I even have a conforming VIN plate that the importer supplied and a MSO with both the non conforming and conforming VINs on it that shows I'm not trying to pull a fast one. But they (CHP) wouldn't let me mount the VIN plate.

The non-confirming VIN is in the system but not the conforming VIN. I figured I could probably go ahead and mount the new VIN plate and try to run it through using the conforming VIN now that a couple years have passed. But since I've just been riding in areas where I haven't had to worrry about it I haven't pursued it.

I did get the hall pass, though I have to be in Ramona sometime after lunch.

So I'll be down there tomorrow - assuming I don't get lost.

Tim's truck is a white Chevy 2500, it will have a YZ426 in the bed and this will be on the trailer hitch on it's first trial ride...my craigslist find of the day: My new/used "Moto Hauler" I found for $175 :unsure:

newbikehauler3.jpg

th_newbikehauler2.jpg

I can tell I love this thing already for four good reasons:

1) It's the perfect height for doing maintenance and repairs to the bike without stooping over and giving me a sore back.

2) After a day of riding when I'm tired as hell it is going to be easy to load and hit the road

3) It's very stable and sturdy with the bike on it and I like the idea of having the suspension unloaded like a bike stand, the fork seals should last longer.

4) The guy who sold it to me rides a plated KTM DS, seemed like a good guy. He took a SDAR club card from me and will probably come ride with us after checking out the website and reading the ride reports :o

See ya's tomorrow.