I know its a little ways off BUT what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving...Who's going camping and where?

I know its a little ways off BUT what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving...Who's going camping and where?

We always stay at Palm Canyon RV in Borrego, I bring my smoker and smoke a turkey and will have my bike with me. Also will be playing a round of golf that weekend while there.

I know I will be camping, Im just not sure if its going to be at Superstition or up in D37...

Really depends on what the parents decide, what everyone here is doing and what the lady friend wants to do...

Baja Ride San Quitin :clapping:

Not for me....I have had my share of fun down there but after one to many bullets flying in my direction and hitting friends, the desire to ride Baja is all but gone for me :party:

I wanna do something, just not sure what. I don't think I'll be doing LAB2V since I did it last year, so something different this year would be cool.

Superstition could be fun on the Dual Sports, do a couple long rides through Borrego, Fish Creek, etc. Maybe we can help Randy get some tracks layed out for the Desert Dash next spring.

Superstition could be fun on the Dual Sports, do a couple long rides through Borrego, Fish Creek, etc. Maybe we can help Randy get some tracks layed out for the Desert Dash next spring.

I would be down for that...Maybe see what Chris and Ken are doing?

I will be on vacation in the desert the whole week. My family camps on the south side of the freeway from superstition and we have for years. I will have my baja bug and other assorted toys. My family is BIG so this is our once a year outing for most of them. I love that area around the canals for fishing and the fields for hunting as I have exclusive permission from a farmer. My chihuahua Bigfoot and I get a little peace and quiet for at least couple of days before the chaos starts is always nice as most everbody shows up on weds.

i get to enjoy the wife's family, in Big Bear!!! :clapping:

every year, 30+ in one cabin...did it for 32 in Yosemite, now we are in Big Bear.

last year, drove thru some stuff that i would have really enjoyed...this year i will take the bike.

will be on Onyx Peak side...prolly with pops-in-law on his quad...hope bro-in-law gets bike by then too

or he'll be on other quad.

Blind :party:....Thanksgiving will be right around the corner SOON...quick like.

Doesn't matter what Ken is doing, he has no say in the matter. We're gonna drive over to his place with some rope and tie him up and toss him in the toybox. We'll let the family ride up front in the truck and we'll bring a Turkey to put in the oven. WIN/WIN!!

:clapping:

Chris, what say ye?

KLXBEN, south side of I-8 below Plaster City or south side of Huff road?

Superstition for the weekend. Last year I cooked a turkey luau style, roasted it under the sand while we went for a nice ride. Never had a bad Thanksgiving weekend at Superstition.

every year, 30+ in one cabin...did it for 32 in Yosemite, now we are in Big Bear.

last year, drove thru some stuff that i would have really enjoyed...this year i will take the bike.

will be on Onyx Peak side...prolly with pops-in-law on his quad...hope bro-in-law gets bike by then too

Blind B)....Thanksgiving will be right around the corner SOON...quick like.

Will be in Big Bear 24th and 25th. :party:

Blind B)....Thanksgiving will be right around the corner SOON...quick like.

Will be in Big Bear 24th and 25th. :party:

interesting, VERY interesting.

B)

Doesn't matter what Ken is doing, he has no say in the matter. We're gonna drive over to his place with some rope and tie him up and toss him in the toybox. We'll let the family ride up front in the truck and we'll bring a Turkey to put in the oven. WIN/WIN!!

:clapping:

Chris, what say ye?

KLXBEN, south side of I-8 below Plaster City or south side of Huff road?

On the south side of I-8 in the agricultural area. We mainly ride the Yuha Basin area from this side. It only has one legal green sticker route but everything else is open to street legal vehicles (ie: baja bug!). We like to rock hound and the area is covered with petrified wood, fossilized oyster shells and lots of other pretty rocks. .

On the south side of I-8 in the agricultural area. We mainly ride the Yuha Basin area from this side. It only has one legal green sticker route but everything else is open to street legal vehicles (ie: baja bug!). We like to rock hound and the area is covered with petrified wood, fossilized oyster shells and lots of other pretty rocks. Get on the westside main canal rd from superstition go south past 2 drops and look on the south side for the ONLY big group.

Might have to make a trip down that way and investigate!

Chris, what say ye?

Probably tied down with family obligations.......if not, I'll be sipping margarita's with Tree and Javi :party: :clapping:

Chris, what say ye?

Probably tied down with family obligations.......if not, I'll be sipping margarita's with Tree and Javi ;) :beach:

I was informed tonight that "we'll" be heading up to Sac-ra-Ghetto for my aunts 100th B-Day party the prior weekend.......then "we'll" be flying home and driving over to Bull Head City so "we" can celebrate Thanksgiving "together" at Kathy's sister's house.....so, no hall pass for me since I skipped out early last year for LA-B-V.........hmmmmm......I'm thinking I might have her drop me off on the way over so I can just ride Mojave Rd. into Bull Head City.......might be a tough sell but worth a try :rolleyes:;):)

i get to enjoy the wife's family, in Big Bear!!! :rolleyes:

Blind ;)....Thanksgiving will be right around the corner SOON...quick like.

Will be in Big Bear 24th and 25th. :beach:

interesting, VERY interesting.

;)

I'll be in Big Bear also. I'm also bringing a bike. Have an 80 mile loop planned, lots of single track.

Coop....

We'll be at Superstitions.

Your more than welcome to join.

I go from Sunday to Sunday (the entire Turkey week)

And yes, we celebrate with the deep fried bird...

Usually, trying to make some kind of camp potluck.

... I'll be inviting the Martz's and Walsh, and anyone else via email.

Should be a good time.

Lots of riding, day and night.

B)

Coop....

We'll be at Superstitions.

Your more than welcome to join.

I go from Sunday to Sunday (the entire Turkey week)

And yes, we celebrate with the deep fried bird...

Usually, trying to make some kind of camp potluck.

... I'll be inviting the Martz's and Walsh, and anyone else via email.

Should be a good time.

Lots of riding, day and night.

B)

Its either going to be supers or D37 for me...just waiting on the details but as of right now, Im leaning more towards supers

I will be on vacation in the desert the whole week. My family camps on the south side of the freeway from superstition and we have for years. I will have my baja bug and other assorted toys. My family is BIG so this is our once a year outing for most of them. I love that area around the canals for fishing and the fields for hunting as I have exclusive permission from a farmer. My chihuahua Bigfoot and I get a little peace and quiet for at least couple of days before the chaos starts is always nice as most everbody shows up on weds.

Ben its Jed. I got the whole rig! Camper, bike, and Manx on the tow! Can I hang with the extended family and my gal if it all works out?

Somebody from Cafe Husky is having a ride at Ocotillo OHV area, so I thought I'd mosey over there and join in all the fun there.

Just want to revise this thread. Any new updates? Anyone just going to Ocotillo Wells? I think I will be there for a day or two unless it rains at my house. In that case I am staying at home and riding the track!

I had signed up for the Day in the Dirt, but I don't think I will race it.

So, most likely it will be desert, or BigBear (weather permitting), other single track?

Big Bear for me....eastern side...by Onyx Peak...i believe we will be arriving Thursday mid day.

wife's family does 30+ in one cabin...so i go where they tell me...luckily(*i am hoping) i will have MY escape!

looking to just cruise around and find some mountain DS stuff. getting excited!!

:rolleyes: