KTMrad

Lodging Options for Desert Dash February 2007

Here's a link to Julian Lodging ....Julian is about 20 miles away.....

Borrego Springs Lodging is about 25 miles away.

Also, check with Butterfield Ranch.....I haven't been there lately, but heard they have some primitive, small cabins you can rent.

The showers and facilities at Butterfield are nice. Maybe some of you from last year can chime in about this.

Butterfield has full hookups, so even if you bring a tent you can have lights and heat (from a electric heater)

but, you will need the 120 adapter that canbe baught at many parts stores or RV stores.

Here's a link to Julian Lodging ....Julian is about 20 miles away.....

Borrego Springs Lodging is about 25 miles away.

Also, check with Butterfield Ranch.....I haven't been there lately, but heard they have some primitive, small cabins you can rent.

The showers and facilities at Butterfield are nice. Maybe some of you from last year can chime in about this.

Butterfield has full hookups, so even if you bring a tent you can have lights and heat (from a electric heater)

but, you will need the 120 adapter that canbe baught at many parts stores or RV stores.

Can you clarify that a bit? I can't just run an extention cord from an outlet to a household appliance, I need some kind of adaptor even if it's 120 already? Thanks...

I got a "primitive bunk cabin" for Fri-Sun. I didnt even think about asking if it had power? I was planning on plugging in my space heater.

Can you clarify that a bit? I can't just run an extention cord from an outlet to a household appliance, I need some kind of adaptor even if it's 120 already? Thanks...

The RV receptacle is a 30A 125V configuration commonly called a "crowsfoot" and about the same size as your dryer or range receptacle at home. There are adapters available (Walmart RV section) that covert to a traditional 15A 125V configuration. The adapters are maybe $5.00 each and good to have in your kit. Most RV pedestals also have a conventional duplex receptacle but it has the potential to have two devices plugged into a 20A circuit. A 1500W space heater draws 12.5 amps, 12.5 X 2 = 25...........D'oh!!! :D

I emailed Butterfield Ranch Resort for a brochure back in Nov. Here is the reply:

We are in the process of producing our brochures as I write this. The

camping huts are very rustic. The huts have bunk beds and a small porch

outside. The showers are located at the adjacent pool area. There is

running water outside the huts but no electricity. The Ranch also has cedar

cabins that are available. The cabins are brand new as of 2 weeks ago. The

cabins vary in size, sleeping from 6 to 10 people and are fully furnished.

The cabins require a 2 night minimum and rent for 95.00 mid week an weekends

125.00 per night.

Looks like you better bring more blankets..... :D

Spyder

I got a "primitive bunk cabin" for Fri-Sun. I didnt even think about asking if it had power? I was planning on plugging in my space heater.

Butterfield Resort has a web site and you can make reversations online as well. To get the Group discount you need to call.

I reserved a RV spot for the electrical hookup. They do give AAA discounts, however the group discount is much better, 20 W/full hookups. And we will be grouped together.

Here is the link.

Butterfield Ranch Resort

Sorry Randy

Per previous topic post, DO NOT MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS FOR THE DESERT DASH ONLINE IF YOU WANT THE GROUP DISCOUNT.

See previous post.......you must call the campground for the group discount for the Desert Dash Dualsport Ride.

Thanks,

Hey guys I am looking at trying to do the Dash! I have never stayed out that way, other than camping in the desert. I would like to get a feel what the group is doing for lodging. Where are people staying? Are most people camping together? Getting cabins and meeting in the morning?

Thanks

Hey guys I am looking at trying to do the Dash! I have never stayed out that way, other than camping in the desert. I would like to get a feel what the group is doing for lodging. Where are people staying? Are most people camping together? Getting cabins and meeting in the morning?

Thanks

Most are camping at the campground listed....Butterfield Ranch, that's where the ride starts. Don't think anyone's reserved a bunch of spots together, unless it's the group helping me out with the ride...we're all staying together.

The campground is keeping all the people for the ride in a couple of rows, so you'll be surrounded by riders. It's easy to hook up with others and make new friends.

See ya out there,

Thanks

Mike, I will be camping in my pickup at Butterfield. There are good rates for our group if you are interested. They said we will have 2 circles. I don't know what that means, but we will be grouped together.

:unsure:

I'm planning to ride out there friday probably. Can I pitch my sleeping bag on your campsite ? I'm traveling light this trip. :D

To All Desert Dash Riders,

when you call Butterfield Ranch, they are keeping us in a couple of ROWS near the Cedar Cabins, for instance, I have sites 25 - 30 reserved. If they are putting you in circle sites, that is NOT where they're supposed to be putting you. Please verify with them that you are in the rows associated with the dualsport ride.

You must tell them you are with the San Diego Adventure Riders Desert Dash dualsport ride to get the discount, and so they keep all the motorcycles in one area.

Thanks,

I'm planning to ride out there friday probably. Can I pitch my sleeping bag on your campsite ? I'm traveling light this trip. :D

Pyro, you can pitch your tent at any one of the 6 sites I have reserved. I will be out there Thursday night, so I can ride and ribbon the route on Friday.

I'm planning to ride out there friday probably. Can I pitch my sleeping bag on your campsite ? I'm traveling light this trip. :)

Pyro, you can pitch your tent at any one of the 6 sites I have reserved. I will be out there Thursday night, so I can ride and ribbon the route on Friday.

Gee Randy, I am jealous. You never asked me to sleep/I mean pitch my tent!