Bagstr

New Moto Carrier

Picked up a new Cycle Carrier, I hope it is OK to post a photo here.

592486481_HdkGG-M.jpg

Powder Coated

592486520_Fwh59-M.jpg

Every one's Advice is much appreciated. You all made good points.

In the end, I wanted the more long lived motor and easier maintenance and can live with the extra weight.

She certainly feels small compared to the Adventure. At least during the first six miles.

In the end, I wanted the more long lived motor and easier maintenance and can live with the extra weight.

She certainly feels small compared to the Adventure. At least during the first six miles.

Hey Bags, Congrats on the new wheels......nice! :ph34r: Did you sell the Adventure yet?

Nice looking carrier you have there!!! and quite the pretty decoration you have on top of it!!!!

I think you'll like that bike quite a bit. For the exploratory type of riding you're doing, you won't notice the extra weight (over a lighter enduro) unless you're in the very very deep sand or in the extremely rough stuff... Even then, it'll feel like a feather compared to the 520 lb beast you've been riding... :ph34r:

When's your first trip to get that thing dirty???

Thanks guys!

Yes the mighty one is sold (Advrider guy from Arroyo Grande) $1000 deposit in the bank. The buyer works in the Alaska Oil Fields, two weeks on two weeks off. We finish the deal when he, and I return to town in Aug. Got my price, no haggling.

First trip, I wish. I have just this weekend before a trip. These few days I think to take it easy on the motor and set up the suspension, add and remove a few parts. +Skid plate, Fastway bash bars, folding mirrors, gps power outlet - passenger footrest (can you believe that! On my macho bike.) evap canister.

I'll be adding one of those Giant Loop saddlebags when they release the smaller version, just to maintain my reputation.

Can you guys recommend a brand of bike stand, and where to buy it? You know those step on the lever jobs. Vey's?

Also while I'm asking where to get one of the small Wolf tank bags?

Mid August, how about an early Crawdaddy Loop - Rodriquez, Grapevine, Culp and breakfast on me in Julian?

Thanks guys!

Mid August, how about an early Crawdaddy Loop - Rodriquez, Grapevine, Culp and breakfast on me in Julian?

"IN" :ph34r::)

Beeeuutiful, muy Bonita, Who all has 690s Now, Bagster, Schwinn, Orangeblood and 1 other, Yes the 1st thing I took off were the Passenger pegs, then the charcoal cannister and piped it, remmaped it at All American-really woke it up, skid plate and still putting up with that POS seat. oh yea and a 150 Terra flex tire in the back. Tire is a slip in slide on the street but awsome in the sand. I run it at 6 lbs everywhere.

Glad to hear you got your bike sold and found the right new one for you!

Bagstr, great bike.......I think you'll be happy with it. Now, hopefully someone makes an additional or bigger tank for it also.

When we goin' ridin' ?

Why don't you come out to Corral Canyon and Mount Laguna with me Saturday morning ?

Beeeuutiful, muy Bonita, Who all has 690s Now, Bagster, Schwinn, Orangeblood and 1 other, Yes the 1st thing I took off were the Passenger pegs, then the charcoal cannister and piped it, remmaped it at All American-really woke it up, skid plate and still putting up with that POS seat. oh yea and a 150 Terra flex tire in the back. Tire is a slip in slide on the street but awsome in the sand. I run it at 6 lbs everywhere.

Six pounds on the Street? So you get maybe 250 miles a set?

Are you running a 15/48 gear-set or what?

Got lucky on the seat with a Sept 14 build date. Regards the stock seat, they should have done one hard edge instead of two. At least that way it would only be painful in one place...down the middle!

Six pounds on the Street? So you get maybe 250 miles a set?

Are you running a 15/48 gear-set or what?

Got lucky on the seat with a Sept 14 build date. Regards the stock seat, they should have done one hard edge instead of two. At least that way it would only be painful in one place...down the middle!

I dropped 1 tooth in front to a 14 cuz I love rock crawling, I have no idea whats on the rear sprocket. I think the front tire is a D606 and the rear tire is set for offroad only, I just takr it easy on the street. The Terra flex can be run flat if you have to. I will never attempt to do a trail side fix on the terra flex. When you see 1 you will know what I mean.

Bagstr, great bike.......I think you'll be happy with it. Now, hopefully someone makes an additional or bigger tank for it also.

When we goin' ridin' ?

Why don't you come out to Corral Canyon and Mount Laguna with me Saturday morning ?

Because I'm still nursing this lousy elbow back to health. Believe me, it is hard not to go find out what she will do.

I'll call if I find a miracle cure.

Because I'm still nursing this lousy elbow back to health. Believe me, it is hard not to go find out what she will do.

I'm sure it's not much different than my 640.....basically, after riding the 950 for a couple of years, this one will almost feel like a toy to you.

You'll probably be able to do just about anything on the 690, except for maybe the gnarliest, toughest, nastiest single track.

I'm sure it's not much different than my 640.....basically, after riding the 950 for a couple of years, this one will almost feel like a toy to you.

You'll probably be able to do just about anything on the 690, except for maybe the gnarliest, toughest, nastiest single track.

rad,

The first 12 miles it feels "like a toy", There is so little mass up front, it is weird.

Those "nastiest single tracks," are just a state of mind, aren't they?

Beeeautiful! Congrats Dave! Post the mid August ride when it's time. Just can't make it on the 15th, cuz I'll be BBQ'n :)