I am going, I believe Tlking6 is also going, and it looks like our friend Brad will go. We just need to work out the details

Trophy said it well... we all WANT to be going, so we plan and ride vicariously...

I had planned on it, but decided to move at the last minute... THat will be my first week in my new house...

I am going, I believe Tlking6 is also going, and it looks like our friend Brad will go. We just need to work out the details

I'm just trying to get an accurate headcount as we near the actual date. Some of the people may have gotten busy or had their plans altered and just haven't posted anything about it. I need to know, so I can work out some details as well. Last year, we met at my house and some people who carpooled left their vehicles here.

Wish I could go but midweek rides are tough, and my ride Calender for the next 2 months is a bit daunting...

bragger. :unsure:

B)

The dreaded single life, it's killing me :P

Okay, so we have 4 for sure going.

Jeff

Pastapilot

myself

Jaynen

If nobody needs to carpool or is catching a ride from another point, then we can meet at the park and ride in Escondido on the east side of interstate 15 at El Norte Parkway at no later than 7:30am on the 11th of August and we will caravan up.

Looks like I am going to miss this one as well. I have a major project starting up in August that needs to be done by the 15th. It's going to mean working 6 days a week,,, long hours. I just found about it today.

Sorry Jason,,,, hope you and Brad have a blast. If for some bizarre reason we get this done early I'll hop on board at the last minute.

I want to do that trip sooooo bad, one of my favorite areas of california, and I haven't even riden up there yet!....but I get back from Jamaican missions trip on the 8th, so bad timing. :) ..just HAVE to work that week...

I REALLY plan to get up there early october....perhaps those who couldnt' make it now can go then....

I REALLY plan to get up there early october....perhaps those who couldnt' make it now can go then....

Heeeeeyyyyy,,,, now your talking! I'm planning on burning a week of vacation early October and that could work! Start a new thread Deb before Mimi whoops our behinds!

Looks like I am going to miss this one as well. I have a major project starting up in August that needs to be done by the 15th. It's going to mean working 6 days a week,,, long hours. I just found about it today.

Sorry Jason,,,, hope you and Brad have a blast. If for some bizarre reason we get this done early I'll hop on board at the last minute.

Bummer. I'll talk to Brad and see if he still wants to go. I was hoping more people would go I thought it sounded a bit epic last year but now everyone is busy.

Bummer. I'll talk to Brad and see if he still wants to go. I was hoping more people would go I thought it sounded a bit epic last year but now everyone is busy.

We're splitting High School,,, 11+12 are getting thier own room. I have a little over two weeks to move my shop and build them a venue, complete with stage and soundbooth. Exciting stuff but bad timing for this trip.

Sounds like Brad is out too, so I guess I should save my PTO for another trip. (Paid Time Off)

Okay, we are back to 3 people going. It's ironic, because I was trying to schedule it for a time period when people could go and some how it didn't work out that way.

Okay, we are back to 3 people going. It's ironic, because I was trying to schedule it for a time period when people could go and some how it didn't work out that way.

No kidding. It was not ideal for me but I was trying to make it work because I thought it would be this big club event

No kidding. It was not ideal for me but I was trying to make it work because I thought it would be this big club event

It's not an ideal "big trip" kind of event. It's a small to medium event for people who are in shape to ride intermediate terrain at high elevation. By small to medium, I'm thinking about 5 to 10 riders.

Off road riding is so much better with 5 than 50. More riding, less waiting, less dust, ect. The only thing a big group is good for is drinking beer. :rolleyes: Sorry Steve, or Mudsides :lol: .

Sorry by "big" I was thinking of 10 people in a couple groups probably advanced and intermediate not 50 :rolleyes: just more than 3

Sorry by "big" I was thinking of 10 people in a couple groups probably advanced and intermediate not 50 :crazy: just more than 3

Yeah, and I wanted more than just 3 also. :rolleyes:

I also would have a hard time rescheduling the ride, because it wasn't easy to get a family member to agree to come down and look after the parents and pets for the week while I'm away. They made time in their busy schedule to do that so I could go on this trip. :lol:

mimi, do you just pack in all your food and beverage that you'll need while your there. Big cooler and camping gear I guess? Also, what if you wanted to take more than one bike? Will they get ripped off if you left one at camp while riding the other?

mimi, do you just pack in all your food and beverage that you'll need while your there. Big cooler and camping gear I guess? Also, what if you wanted to take more than one bike? Will they get ripped off if you left one at camp while riding the other?

Yes, there's no food or supplies for miles around on the plateau, so pack in everything that's needed.

When we go up during the weekdays, it's pretty quiet, not many other campers. I would never say that anything is completely safe anywhere you go. I thought of taking two bikes and if I do, I will lock one bike to something with a Kryptonite lock. But it's not like at the Ocotillo Wells or stuff like that. Jeff left his bike cabled to a tree last year, because we went back early with KLRoger and there wasn't room for his bike which went back on another day with Digdug.

I was planning on this trip too, but I can't make it either.

October sounds good!

I was planning on this trip too, but I can't make it either.

October sounds good!

October sounds better for me, too... Other than the 1st, the 4th and the 19th... all family birthdays. I expect it starts getting cold late October, but I'll do a little research