Boston Mangler

Banner Grade, Rordiguez TT, and Oriflamme Saturday Dec 2

Anyone interested in doing this, this coming Saturday?

I would like to get an early start and havent done this trail yet, so a leader would be good! :D

Anyone?

Thanks

Interesting link from the mountainbike guys with topo map and file:

http://www.mountainbikebill.com/OriflammeLoop.htm

FYI

Michael

AHA....there's a photo in your link of the rocky place that caused me to grow a few more gray hairs on my last trip through Rodriquez Truck Trail while leading SDAR riders Spyder and Umba on a GS1150 and GS650... :lol: BackhoeDoc and I were a little better off on our KLR's... :lol: I was going to try to ride the small ‘hump like’ detour on the right but everyone else paddled down the middle so I did too…

http://www.mountainbikebill.com/images/Tra...-30JAN05-60.JPG

We got through since we were going down. I highly recommend not taking a big bike UP this trail... :lol:

Two more for the ride, I meet you guys in Julian around 8:30 at Norm's Gas Station in Julian. My friend from work will be riding my KLR. He may ride it up from the North County on Sat Morning - I will post if he is going to hook up with the other KLR in Ramona. Lunch at my Place after the ride. :lol:

Two more for the ride, I meet you guys in Julian around 8:30 at Norm's Gas Station in Julian. My friend from work will be riding my KLR. He may ride it up from the North County on Sat Morning - I will post if he is going to hook up with the other KLR in Ramona. Lunch at my Place after the ride. :lol:

Most cool! Lunch huh? hmmmm, what should we bring?

As of now 5 bikes, should be perfect!

Thanks Paul!

See ya Saturday! Check your PM's

[Can't go sat. but have done that trip many times. A cool add on is grapevine canyon to mesa grande to black canyon to ramona. I'm good to go most any day but am already riding sat.

[Can't go sat. but have done that trip many times. A cool add on is grapevine canyon to mesa grande to black canyon to ramona. I'm good to go most any day but am already riding sat.

Hi all takers,

how about adding Fish Creek Canyon in betwen Oriflame and Grapewine (more sand.. .Carguy?). The start of Fish C C is not too far-away from Oriflame. The end of Fish creek is very close to Grapevine trail head.

I think, I can make it this Saturday... :D

Alex.

I went to a muffler shop this afternoon and had my exhaust patched! Lost 1/2 days work, but stayed late and caught back up. It will be all worth it to go Sat.!! Im in!!!!!!!!

I think I'm in too. I'll confirm by Friday evening. Hope to see you all there.

HondaPilot,

I live in Clairemont, and I believe, you are in P.B., we can meet somethere to ride to Julian (if we both can make it) :D

HondaPilot,

I live in Clairemont, and I believe, you are in P.B., we can meet somethere to ride to Julian (if we both can make it) :D

hey alex, i am in clairemont too, right off of genesee, you?

k

HondaPilot,

hey alex, i am in clairemont too, right off of genesee, you?

k

I'm off Mt. Acadia (next to little baseball park).

Hi all takers,

how about adding Fish Creek Canyon in betwen Oriflame and Grapewine (more sand.. .Carguy?). The start of Fish C C is not too far-away from Oriflame. The end of Fish creek is very close to Grapevine trail head.

Alex.

Alex, Are you suggesting Pinion Mountain Road to Fish Creek?

Pinion Mountain

Lots of sand and some challenging rock. Should be reserved as a day ride by it's self, just in case. ;)

Hi all takers,

Alex.

I dont know about the others, but i have ZERO interest in riding in sand! :D

Ok, meeting at the Mobil Station on Main Street in Ramona at 7:30am SHARP!

Please be on time and filled up and ready to go ASAP!

I use the 10 minute rule and will be on my merry way by 7:45am at the latest with whoever is there and ready to go!!!! ;)

THIS IS THE MOBIL STATION BETWEEN THE AUTOZONE and THE DENNYS

See yall then!

Guest stevensyanora

Posted Image

chief gunner and I will be at the mobile to roll with you guys At 0730...see ya there :D

Hi all takers,

Alex.

Alex, Are you suggesting Pinion Mountain Road to Fish Creek?

Pinion Mountain

Lots of sand and some challenging rock. Should be reserved as a day ride by it's self, just in case. :D

No,I did not mean Pinion...Doing the first anual Desert Dash, I remember conecting S-2 with 78 (between Julian and Ocotillo Wells) by riding that Fish Creek Wash, it was around 10-15 mls to 78, right after the start in Aqua Caliente. It was 4 years ago and I'm a little fuzzy about it...not sure if I'm right ;)

KTMrad, help us ;)

Guest stevensyanora

yeah sounds good Alex the sandyer the better Posted Image

Guest stevensyanora

...why would we want to do that for ...the more the merrier.. Posted Image

Guest Numbskull

I'm down!!! I am going to Joe Haul up to julian and will wait @ Norm's gas station. Is the meeting time 8:30? Michael 619 850 2742 P.S. I'll have free samples of my new product, Indian boy trail marker.

Ok, meeting at the Mobil Station on Main Street in Ramona at 7:30am SHARP!

Please be on time and filled up and ready to go ASAP!

I use the 10 minute rule and will be on my merry way by 7:45am at the latest with whoever is there and ready to go!!!! :D

Wow, I would like to go, but not to sure if I can abide by the stiff timing requirements. Its all about the ride with friends, not what time you leave or finish. I wouldn't want anyone to override themselves to make a deadline and get into trouble. Just my 2-cents of caution!/Kev

Mangler gets a little excited! We don't need people running cars off the road, right Jay! Standard rule of Half hour should always apply. If you want to leave earlier set the time for earlier. 10 Minutes is no time to meet and shoot the shite! That being said, I will be there and ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!