Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

A day IN the lake 06/13/09

I haven't been having too much luck yet this year fishing for bass. And I'm tired of catching a few cocktail weenie sized trout out of the local lakes :blink:, so I decided to do some good old fashioned wader fishing today. There's nothing like standing knee deep in the shallow end of a lake which you have all to yourself, except for all the bass. I took a spinning rod loaded with 8 pound test and carried a goodly supply of Bass Pro green pumpkin Sticko's and candy watermelon Yum Dingers in finesse sizes. This would be all that I would need for an afternoon of nibblin' bass action on a mountain lake. The little guys kept me very busy. They all put up a good fight, and for every one that I landed, there were many more that were too wiley and slippery to stay hooked. It was all good. And I hope this ended my unlucky streak. B)

There's bass in them thar weeds.

100_1983.jpg

I tiptoe in, Yum Dinger ready to entice the little green prey. Some Elmer Fudd-esque remark should probably be right here. B)

100_1982.jpg

It's bass time!

100_1966.jpg

100_1980.jpg

Where are the lunkers? Oh well, it's all fun.

100_1973.jpg

100_1981.jpg

100_1979.jpg

Holy cow Mimi, that looks like some fun. You know how to fish. Kelly

I used to fish in tournaments for several years and spent 8 years as a tackle manager, so I have a little background in this matter. B)

I also had really great luck with not dropping my camera (or fishing rod) into the lake while I was busy trying to photo-document all the catches and action. :blink:

Is that Lake Cuyamaca?

I know were all kinda like family here but I'm a guessing she aint gonna give that kinda info out on a public forum. :o There's some un written fish'en rules that just go with the territory! :rolleyes: She was kind enough to give some clues with the photos!

Congrats on a nice day Mimi!!!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET RIT DAR!!!!

Nic egoing on the greenies and what a wonderful find..

I think I'll go back pretty soon, maybe go early and throw some Prime Ribbits or some other surface baits and see if there are any big 'uns lurking around out there. Lake record is around 14 pounds, I think. The nice thing about wading the shallows is that if you stick a big fish and it burrows into the vegetation, you can always mosey over into the weeds and pick the fish out. B)