DigDug

Big Bike Fun/Exploration Ride - North County

I'd be going, but haven't done an oil change or figured out where I have a slight oil leak on the 950, so I can't make this one. Instead, I should be taking it apart to find oil leak.

Going street riding again on Sunday.

I've got a quart of oil to top you off if you want to ride with us!! :lol:

I'd be going, but haven't done an oil change or figured out where I have a slight oil leak on the 950, so I can't make this one. Instead, I should be taking it apart to find oil leak.

Use the Elefant. Your stories about riding that bike is what motivated me to get the 990. I couldn't find an elefant for sale anywhere. ;)

Use the Elefant. Your stories about riding that bike is what motivated me to get the 990. I couldn't find an elefant for sale anywhere. ;)

Elefant has been down for awhile, not ready to ride yet.

Doug,

Are you planning on coming onto Ortega Hwy via South Main Divide?

Yes.. that's the plan. I was planning on cutting from Clinton Keith, up the dirt road, to the OHV area. Then up Main Divide to Ortega.

Here's a Google Maps route that gives a rough idea of what I was thinking:

LINK

You're skipping the up and back on Margarita TT on the way over?

You're skipping the up and back on Margarita TT on the way over?

yeah... That and Tenaja Truck trail are better left for another day. I wanted to spend the majority of the day exploring North Main Divide so the morning was just to throw in some fun pavement on the way up to lunch...

Your "not so knobbies" are probably better than what I'm using on the 950 (Pirelli MT90 Scorpion AT - my "street" tires) - you should be fine!

Hmmmm...I might leave the Death Wings on my DRZ and join you.

Your "not so knobbies" are probably better than what I'm using on the 950 (Pirelli MT90 Scorpion AT - my "street" tires) - you should be fine!

Hmmmm...I might leave the Death Wings on my DRZ and join you.

Death wings should be fine from what I remember from my last ride up on N Main Divide - that was more than a year back though... :lol:

You'll be fine...

Doug,

I'm in for this ride. See you in the AM.

Wayne

Good dealio!!!

It looks like we've got a pretty decent sized group - we're going to overrun Hell's Kitchen with riders!!!!

So far I've got:

DigDug

bagstr

RedRider (meeting us at the lunch stop)

RangerDan

lemieuxmc (maybe)

piratemonkey (maybe)

humptythumpty

So I'm looking for 6 riders (including myself and the two maybes) at Carl's Jr. Lurkers are welcome, but if I count 6 and everyone's ready, we're rolling even if it's a few minutes before 9...

My cell phone number is in the member's area if anyone is running late and wants the group to wait a bit for them. I'll check in this thread before I leave in the morning to pick up any stragglers.

I'm looking forward to a great day up in the mountains - now let's hope they didn't go and close any gates on us and not post it to the website or anything!!!

I'm tanked up on coffee, put air in the Death Wings, and I'm rolling in fifteen. Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I was planning on cutting from Clinton Keith, up the dirt road, to the OHV area. Then up Main Divide to Ortega.

I didn't know there was a dirt road that led to the OHV area. A couple of months ago, I took the South Main Divide road all the way from Ortega Hwy to where it connects with Tenaja (or whatever it's called) to the south and it was paved all the way. :blink:

Im tempted to do this one, don't know if I have the time, doing a coastal cruise sunday 6days to Vancover and back :blink:

Not to derail but awesome Jeff I hope you take lots of video/pics

It's raining very lightly at my house right now. I hope it isn't raining on those guys ride. The dirt part would be fun or at least okay, but they have a lot of pavement, and street riding in the rain is yucky.

Alright....where's the write up on this ride? :o There's nothing over in the ride report forum on it. I expected to see some pictures and a full report on this big exploration. :rolleyes:

Mimi,

Half a Ride Report is all I can supply. Yard Elbow caused me to Bail after lunch at Hell's Kitchen.

Needless to say, Zina or others will supply more details later, as I suspect their return was rather late in the day.

0845 downtown Fallbrook, as assembled: DigDug, HumptyDumpty, Lee, PirateMonkey & Bagstr.

DeLuz to La Cresta (What a waste of good money) Margarita TT, up and back then Hell for lunch. RedRider joined us near the OHV. All easy fire roads or pavement. Cool and cloudy with mist in the air forming mud on the visor. I may need to wash the bike. Thanks to Doug for researching the route and leading.

What good is a RR without photos? Very little, so I will insert one from another ride because I did not take a camera. Why would I with Zina along?

487815862_DWQA3-L.jpg

My fun-time was limited as Yard Elbow (AKA tendinitis) was causing pain and suffering. Dug and the crew continued north after a forgettable dining experience. Thanks to Wayne and Doug for good advice on the next Bagstr bike. ( 530 or 690, 690 or 530?)

Sorry to miss the northern exposure. Hope you all had an Adventure.

Thanks to Wayne and Doug for good advice on the next Bagstr bike. ( 530 or 690, 690 or 530?)

Brief hijack

Buy used and buy both if you can swing it.....different missions.......but if you're limited to one bike, smaller/lighter is the ticket (IMHO).....lot's of options out there.....

Hijack off