jed

My Weekend In Descanso and Pine Valley

In front of my house getting ready for a ride. I live in a horse stable. Well, it used to be a stable.

On Bear Valley Rd looking north toward Long Valley Peak. I have the brights on so other riders can see me coming. Many KTM riders were coming my direction.

Look, it's the famous Bear Valley mono-rail track! Just like Disney Land.

Yellow Spring Flowers, Great Weather. I rode the lil motocross track burms at the Bear Valley Rock House.

After my ride I stopped in Descanso and met some of my "Good Ol Boy" friends. Jack, Bob, and Sonney. I had a few barley sodas with them.

Jack and Ol Rasta loading a carriage in the back of a trailer. Whats this got to do with motorbikes? My bike is my transportation to see nature and hang out with cool people.

Cuyamaca and Guatay Peak Cool Wagon Huh?

Thats all, typical weekend, gotta love it. What do you think?

thats a little piece of paradise right there...nice pics...and cool looking folks.....can probalby learn a thing or two from talking to people like that...

Awesome man, it's almost like OB but better because you can dirt ride!

Great post J.

8-]

Awesome man, it's almost like OB but better because you can dirt ride!

Great post J.

8-]

If you look close at my tank top shirt it reads, "The Black"

Good to get out and see the sights. Somethin' to be said for a variety of folks. Like DS said....probably some good stories there.

Thx for posting, Jed.

Great photos Jed! You really put the mono-rail track into a different perspective. Don’t wait for the train though I heard the schedule is messed up and they have long waits between trains. ;)

I like how you put your name on the headlight of your bike. That way in today’s sea of orange you can still find your bike. I might start doing that just because I’m getting old and just might forget my name.:unsure: When I worked for the county they had me put my name on my shirt for that very reason. People would ask me “WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE”? B) I would look down at my shirt and reply” Roger?” ;)

Your friends look like some pretty nice “good ole boys”. I’m starting to look just like them. Do I get to move to Descanso? B)

Great photos Jed! You really put the mono-rail track into a different perspective. Don’t wait for the train though I heard the schedule is messed up and they have long waits between trains. ;)

I like how you put your name on the headlight of your bike. That way in today’s sea of orange you can still find your bike. I might start doing that just because I’m getting old and just might forget my name.:unsure: When I worked for the county they had me put my name on my shirt for that very reason. People would ask me “WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE”? B) I would look down at my shirt and reply” Roger?” ;)

Your friends look like some pretty nice “good ole boys”. I’m starting to look just like them. Do I get to move to Descanso? B)

Yeah, if you have the look your in! It helps if you have facial hair, a light beer, and complain about the people down the hill. Otherwise known as "flatlanders".

Yeah, if you have the look. Will need some facial hair, a light beer, and complain about the people "living down the hill". Otherwise known as "flatlanders".

Jed- do you know many of the roads around Laguna, like Pine Creek, etc? I'm trying to put together a route for a 2-up ride with my son this weekend that avoids the highway where possible, and spends a lot of time on the service roads and easy dirt.

Can you (or anybody) help?

Jed- do you know many of the roads around Laguna, like Pine Creek, etc? I'm trying to put together a route for a 2-up ride with my son this weekend that avoids the highway where possible, and spends a lot of time on the service roads and easy dirt.

Yeah, I can sure help. Its just that certian gates in that area open and close during different times of the year. All bikes must be highway legal on the side roads. Pine Valley north is easy and fun if your bikes are plated and the gates are open. Maybe I will check this weekend.

Good times...maybe I could follow you on this route sometime. Thanks for posting.

[/quot

I rode the Pine Creek/ Deer Park road yesterday. All gates are wide open. I really enjoy deer park rd. Not too hard and dirt from where pine creek intersects all the way to sunrise hwy. It goes through the valley and up the mountain then through the pines (my favorite part). You can make it a loop from there and go down paved Pine Creek rd to end up were you started or go down sunrise then to Bear Valley or Sheepshead mnt. Gate is closed on Bear Valley rd leading to Buckman Springs rd. Gates are closed going down Kitchen Creek. Gate is also closed at the bottom of Thing Valley rd Leading to Laguna. You can take Fred Canyon (Starts at the Kibbets Flat Campground in Kitchen Creek and goes to the CLOSED gate on Thing Valley rd Before Sunrise hwy. This is a FUN trail, pretty long with a good mix of terrain and scenery.

The longest dirt ride I think around here is Bear Valley rd to Kernan cycle trail then Corral Canyon. You could Spend all day in that area.