DigDug

IT'S TIME! Big Bear Pre-run...

Sounds like a great ride I plan to show up at park & ride . This will be my first ride with the groop so be kind . Hope this stuff is gone .

DigDug,

I think channeling your group from my sofa while watching MotoGP is in order. Nice to know there are still challenges out there.

The weekend of the 15th, some of us mortals are camping at Holcomb Valley and doing the Tourist Routes.

Looking forward to the film, Dave

349922801_qKVGy-L.jpg

Here's who I count:

DigDug

Mickey

Joliet

SCHWINN

Bikeslut

FakeName?

RideOrange +3

For a total of 10 riders. Did I miss anyone???

RO and RO Jr. only.

Mom Orange and Baby Orange will be in the truck heading to check-out the shopping in Big Bear.

I'm heading to Big 5 now for a pass and extra vehicle pass (extortion at it's finest), so I will have an extra if needed...

Here's who I count:

DigDug

Mickey

Joliet

SCHWINN

Bikeslut

FakeName?

RideOrange +3

For a total of 10 riders. Did I miss anyone???

RO and RO Jr. only.

Mom Orange and Baby Orange will be in the truck heading to check-out the shopping in Big Bear.

I'm heading to Big 5 now for a pass and extra vehicle pass (extortion at it's finest), so I will have an extra if needed...

I always carry an extra, and therefore will have 2. I'm awfully intimidated by the adv photos- I need to think carefully about doing this ride. I don't want to be holding people up. I promise my best effort...

Here's who I count:

DigDug

Mickey

Joliet (meeting at Pinnacles)

SCHWINN (meeting at Pinnacles)

Bikeslut

FakeName

RideOrange

RideOrangeJr

Ste63 (meeting at Pinnacles)

humptythumpty (maybe)

don johnson

11 Riders... Good group!!!!

Again, this is relatively strong group of riders. The goal here is to keep the pace moving so we can get the 50 mile loop in and then some (keep in mind that Redonda Ridge is 8 miles long and Mickey and my best time on it is 45 minutes - very minimal stopping - it's some rough stuff)...

If you're on the fence - please check out some of the previous writeups and make sure you're up to the challenge...

Again, not to dissuade anyone, just want to be up front about the ride/pace/etc...

I'd suggest riders print out the map RideOrange linked in an earlier post in case you need to bail, take a shortcut/bypass/etc...

My cell phone is in the Members Only section if you're running late and want us to wait a few. Also, if you have Ham radios, we'll be on channel 8 if you have my loadout - 146.505 MHz if you don't have the loadout....

Time to go change the rear tire on Mickey's bike... It's completely worn down from Moab two weeks ago...

trials tire; check

49 tooth rear sprocket; check

life insurance up to date check

SPOT; check

fake name first aid kit; check

talent; uh... I'll settle for perseverance; check

have to run to the store today and get a new camelback bladder, and a fanny pack for my diapers

I just came across this thread. You mind if i tag along?I hav'nt ridden Big Bear since the Dual Sport ride back in June. Sure would like to get up there again.

Dave

For you guys that don't know if you want to do the hard stuff or not, do not worry, before we get to the hard stuff, we will stop for water and split up into easy and hard ways. I don't think everyone here will want to do Redondo Ridge(or maybe they will, looks like an advanced group). If everything up to that point was easy, take the hard way, if you have been struggling, take the easy way. Last time I rode up there I was having an off day and took the easy way around. If I am having a bad day tomorrow, I will take the easy way around again. Wish I had my stabilizer mounted up for White mountain, could come in handy. See you tomorrow at Pinnacles. :) Ken

Wish I had my stabilizer mounted up for White mountain, could come in handy.

I'll bring a wrench, and we'll just torque down the top triple clamp

trials tire; check

49 tooth rear sprocket; check

life insurance up to date check

SPOT; check

fake name first aid kit; check

talent; uh... I'll settle for perseverance; check

have to run to the store today and get a new camelback bladder, and a fanny pack for my diapers

SDAR to the rescue again!!! :)

:) Have fun, you guys. I think I'm gonna try that Temecula dual sport ride today.

Enjoy your ride, I get to go to work today. :)