Well, I think the title fits me just about perfect. :lol: I've been browsing dual sport forums for a while, got hooked, bit the bullet and bought a plated '00 XR650R. I used to play around on MX bikes and have been wanting to hit the dirt again, but with something more versatile than a red sticker bike. I'm definitely at the newb level on this bike, but I'm a quick learner and look forward to riding a lot; too bad I bought going into the hot season. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I'm in Escondido and am up for riding anywhere; another SDAR rider pointed me here from ADV. I also have a 2007 Yamaha FZ6, so road rides of any distance are fair game too. I have just about every weekend off and will try to get out as much as possible.

Went up Palomar via Nate Harrison Grade this last weekend as a learning ride and learned that the BRP is way more capable than me. :lol: I'm looking forward to finding new places to ride around here, and from what I can see this is a great local group that's actually active and enjoy riding.

Here are my two bikes the night I picked up the XR:

Picture002.jpg

And up on Nate Harrison:

PictureAprilPalomar012.jpg

welcome! No web riders here, that's for sure ('cept me)

I spend more time East, but a lots of folks from NC. Post a ride or join one!

Welcome neighbor,

There still some good riding weather left this year, hop in on a ride

Welcome to the site I want to go up Nate Harrison at some point myself

Welcome, always good weather in SD county. If you cant take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Welcome Craig! I've been on so many rides that never would have been but for SDAR members....

Good times, Great people.....Enjoy :rolleyes:

Welcome, fellow Escondido rider. There is still some cool weather left and then there are still the summer rides. See you on the trails.

Dude are those Christmas lights still hanging around your windows in those pics :rolleyes::lol: Im also in esco and ride street bikes also, love riding in our local mtns.

Welcome, I'm just over the hill. See ya on the trails. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'll definitely be out on the trails and will try to make some of the group rides.

Dude are those Christmas lights still hanging around your windows in those pics :o:) Im also in esco and ride street bikes also, love riding in our local mtns.

Yep, those are Christmas lights around the windows. :o We yanked down the dozens of other lights, forgot those ones, and at this point I think we'll just leave them till next x-mas. :):)

Welcome to the group. See ya on the trail.