Joliet

Yea navy

My hat is off the the Navy Seals for treating the Somali pirates with the respect due to them. Nice shooting and Semper Fi. Ken

That was some nice work there. Glad that it's all over, and hopefully should send a message to others.

Awesome indeed. Now if somebody could just do something about the drug cartel....

Here is a write up.

Fox News

These are really smart pirates...uh, I don't think so.

"Abdullahi Lami, one of the pirates holding the Greek ship anchored in the Somali town of Gaan, said: "Every country will be treated the way it treats us. In the future, America will be the one mourning and crying," he told The Associated Press. "We will retaliate (for) the killings of our men."

Jamac Habeb, a 30-year-old self-proclaimed pirate, told the AP from one of Somalia's piracy hubs, Eyl, that: "From now on, if we capture foreign ships and their respective countries try to attack us, we will kill them (the hostages)."

"Now they became our number one enemy," Habeb said of U.S. forces."

Congressman escapes injury in Somali mortar attack

By MOHAMED OLAD HASSAN – 2 hours ago

MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) — Assailants fired mortar shells at Mogadishu airport as a plane carrying a U.S. congressman took off, a police officer said. The plane departed safely, but 19 Somalis from surrounding residential areas were reported injured.

Didn't take 'em long.........

Seems like some close up "talks" are needed. Done correctly.

"Abdullahi Lami, one of the pirates holding the Greek ship anchored in the Somali town of Gaan, said: "Every country will be treated the way it treats us. In the future, America will be the one mourning and crying," he told The Associated Press. "We will retaliate (for) the killings of our men."

Jamac Habeb, a 30-year-old self-proclaimed pirate, told the AP from one of Somalia's piracy hubs, Eyl, that: "From now on, if we capture foreign ships and their respective countries try to attack us, we will kill them (the hostages)."

"Now they became our number one enemy," Habeb said of U.S. forces."

That is perfectly logical. Oh let's do something really bad and illegal and if any of the good guys stop us, we'll get even with them for defending the victims. Sheeesh! Sociopaths; ya gotta love 'em. ;) ;) ;)

I think this incident ended perfectly- unfortunately, foreign policy might get muddled with this. Did we get involved because it was a US flagged ship or because they were Americans? I heard an American-owned tugboat (flying a different flag) was nabbed recently. Seems like a UN issue.

I think its crazy that it was aid for Somalia! And the aarrrr pirates are threatening us!?!?! As far as the villagers go; make up your mind folks... I'm sure the Aaarrrrrr pirates pay them them from their ill gotten booty, but the villagers have to choose. Hate to get involved in another war against a "non-country", but the countries need to police their own or ask for help

Does this signal the first phase of global cooling?

FSM reference: if you don't get it, don't research it

We are going to see much more of our Navy getting involved with this issue, there is a whole new class of ships being built that will suit this type of mission

well.

Here's a message for the Pirates....

172L.jpg

We are going to see much more of our Navy getting involved with this issue, there is a whole new class of ships being built that will suit this type of mission

well.

Here's a message for the Pirates....

172L.jpg

Isnt that the Barret 50cal (I think that is what it is called). Surprised they would use such a large caliber rifle. I does travel far and straight though.

172L.jpg

Isnt that the Barret 50cal (I think that is what it is called). Surprised they would use such a large caliber rifle. I does travel far and straight though.

It doesn’t deflect much and will go straight through things like portholes (and heads). So if you want to shoot through something without a ricochet or deflection of the round, use a heavy bullet, like a fifty caliber.

Well done Navy!