Sign in to follow this  
dsfox

DSFOX saying Hello

Hey there,

Just found this site this week and want to say "HI"...Been on thumpertalk a year or so, (recognize a few names) but great to have something so local. I don't spend tons of time on line, or post alot, so I'll probably ALWAYS be a noob...but thats ok. ..just too busy sometimes....own a home I pretty much work on myself, and try to keep up with 2 teens as well as work full time..

I got to meet some of you today at Chiefs Day....that was great...There seems to be a really nice group here....Happy to join you.....I'm in Poway, East side...so pretty central.

About me: Always been a seeker of adventure whether hiking, camping, backpacking, kayak camping, etc, land surveyor by trade, so outdoors alot....

Riding just fit in well with my lifestyle... started on the old "110's" in Glamis many years ago.....learned to take them everywhere out there though and not be limited by the machine.. (like the military "basic" training...not always fun, but gives you some skills)........in 06 bought an ltz400 quad...wow what a difference....great fun for dunes and Ocotillo wells...

BUT about a year ago I bought a dual sport bike Kawi 09 klx250s, and recently ventured to buy a kdx200....the fun continues! and what should I buy next? tell me, tell me.....

Sure wish I switched to bikes YEARS ago....so much fun....I LOVE IT.....I've riden 1000 miles or so this year, mostly off road, mostly up in big bear, arrowhead, ocotillo wells, and high desert....but time to venture closer to home...

I want to ride all I can, where I can...and certainly want to know everywhere I can ride in San Diego's mountains, deserts, etc....taking CARGUYS dirbike class with my kids this month...always want to work on the skills and be a better rider....I want to be able to ride anywhere I want to go....probably never be able to keep up with alot of you....but I can try!

Looking forward to riding with some of you when it works out......I dump the bike now and again, but I generally lay it down gracefully, and keep up on the trail OK....(cruising in 3rd +/- , 25-30 on the trails in mts)...deserts...not afraid to use my 6th gear.......) just depends where it is.....

I look forward to the day when I don't even have to ask "whats the trail rating?"....

Cheers and Lets Ride!...Deb (dsfox)

Welcome! :)

So you dump the bike with grace. Me I dump the bike with anybody. One word of warning. Becareful riding with fakename and bikeslut. Those guys are animals! (just kidding)

I took carguys dirtbike training and learned alot. Now I just need to take it again.

I hope to see you on the trail sometime.

Welcome aboard. Good to meet you today. Let's ride some little green bikes sometime.

Welcome to the site! Lots of friendly people here and some fun rides happening all the time! See ya on the trail!

good to meet ya Deb :)

enjoy the site, esp since you now have met a few of us :)

Blind :)

now that she's met a few of us, she's likely to go back to thumpertalk!!

seriously, nice to meet you fox (yeah, I tend to talk in screen names at first)

About the day at gunners; nobody said there would be jumping!! No jumping was mentioned!!! Ever!!! I want my money back!

Hope ya'll enjoy the shirts! The only one left belongs to shockandawe. I also have your ramp, Paul!

Everybody else waiting on a shirt should see Joliet!

Thanks again for putting it together Aaron, and to Craig for bringing all the tools for the cavemen... Without a big hunk of 4x4 and assorted hammers and levers, it really wouldn't be an event!

It was nice to meet you today. Look forward to riding with you soon. :) Ken

Deb,

Ya did the meet, now the riding! Welcome aboard! As you know, great folks with tons of knowledge!

Welcome to the site DSFOX. You'll find lots of rides all the time. How well are you liking your two new bikes? My wife is in the market for a beginner bike.

Beezzz

hey beez,

I love my bikes, but the klx is pretty heavy, (thus the graceful dumping)....300 lbs curb weight...the kdx is easier, but no plate....You want her to have a plate I assume? .I looked at ALOT of other smaller dual sports, yamaha xt's, tw200, honda 230 (still heavy)..if she is taller, she can get a much lighter bike with a plate....I'm only 5'4"....

I REALLY wanted the husky te 250 (so pretty!)...but it was way too tall....you could do the kouba link thing too...I may do that for another bike I add....I'm not an extreme mechanic (limited to oil change and air filter and lubing the chain)...but I think installing those is pretty easy....

Happy shopping....I'm looking for another bike also...

take care.

Greetings, nice introduction, welcome to the site!

Welcome to the group, got to say hi to you at the Chief's place so it's always good to put a face to a (screen)name. See ya on the trail.