Are the easy routes REALLY REALLY easy I see "passengers for free" so is this 2up ridable?

NO, even the easy tracks will have areas that are not suitable for two up enjoyment (in my opinion)

The Sunday tracks may be doable two-up but even then only in portions......Big Bear is VERY rocky.......did I mention the rocks???......I wouldn't advise riding two up unless you only want to put-put around on fire roads......and you can do that on your own sometime/anytime outside of the formal ride....ride it by yourself first to get an idea of the terrain.....

Are the easy routes REALLY REALLY easy I see "passengers for free" so is this 2up ridable?

Nope, not doable 2 up. Not in my opinion.

I figured just thought the passengers are free nomenclature to be funny then. Turns out my Nephew is being dedicated that weekend so I won't be able to go anyway. Bummer was going to get my Father in Law to go too but I think we'd be in the dog house for it

Getting ready for the Big Bear run. Start early, you will need the time. I saw the route. Some surprises. :(

CHEATER! :blink: (PM me the details :lol:;) )

Getting ready for the Big Bear run. Start early, you will need the time. I saw the route. Some surprises. ;)

CHEATER! ;) (PM me the details :blink::( )

Tarnish the Crawdaddy integrity???

Riding sweep, sorry no special PM's advanced details given. :lol: You will just have to wait for the 27th.

Will have plenty of those "cheap" spare tubes and CO2 cartridges available.

Let's just say you will ride

___p

__U

_P

U

which was typically

d

_o

__w

___n

____d

_____o

______w

_______n

Enjoy!!!

CHEATER! :blink: (PM me the details :lol:;) )

What do you care, easy-way boy???

peepwallun9.gif

Only the plaque-chasers care about those details!!!

pokinghornetsnestrp1.gif

CHEATER! ;) (PM me the details :blink:;) )

What do you care, easy-way boy???

peepwallun9.gif

Only the plaque-chasers care about those details!!!

pokinghornetsnestrp1.gif

Ok, I'll bite.....

I'm curious as to what afternoon hardways I *may* be riding alone/comfortably in the morning while the rest of you plaque chasing apes are over on the other side of the lake riding the morning hardways in the dust/crowd :) .......it's not that I won’t/don't ride'em, I'm just not interested in trying to ride all of'em on game day ;) ......I'd rather ride a few UNCROWDED/DUST FREE hardways along with a few easy ways, stop for a REAL lunch, and be back at the hotel/cleaned up with a cold “B” in my hand when dinner is served B) .....BUT, that plan is sorta dependant on the way the tracks are laid out.......last year it was easy to take a couple of morning easy ways over to afternoon hardways (in the morning), have lunch, and then go snag a couple more easy ways after lunch (I''m generally not interested in tackling the tough stuff after lunch).......this plan also keeps me interested in riding on Sunday......if I went balls to the wall on Sat. I'd have nothing left for Sunday......sucks getting old(er)/fat(er)/slow(er) :lol:

Glad we went out and rode several likely HW candidates a couple of weeks ago........wondering if they're going to reverse John Bulll and send folks down Delamar??? :lol: ......or reverse Devils Hole and send folks UP the single track...... :( ......Steve ain't giving it up!!!

Besides Redonda Ridge Trail, what other hardways are expected? Are they on the San Bernardino OHV maps? Any GPS tracks for them? I rode up there last weekend and may go up this weekend too.

Turns out that our first batch of out of town visitors will have departed by the time Big Bear arrives and the 2nd batch doesn't show up till the following week.

My arm/hand are still hurting from Moab, but if they have healed by then, perhaps there's a BB in my future this year.

I have a new clutch lever, brake pedal end, and bark busters on order for the Husky, but the Magneto cover and gasket are back ordered. If I get a chance this week I may try to JB weld the factory cover and see if that will fix the leak.

I rode the easy route one year when I was sick and was disappointed with how easy it was. There were a couple sections that definitely would not have been suitable for 2-up riding, but all in all it was surprisingly easy given how hard the hardways are at times.

Perhaps it was just extra easy that year.

Besides Redonda Ridge Trail, what other hardways are expected? Are they on the San Bernardino OHV maps? Any GPS tracks for them? I rode up there last weekend and may go up this weekend too.

Please take ANOTHER number at the redundancy dept's receptionist's window ;):blink::lol:

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...ost&p=45893

....Steve ain't giving it up!!!

You have not offered him a beer yet have you? Get him drinking he'll give it up.

....Steve ain't giving it up!!!

You have not offered him a beer yet have you? Get him drinking he'll give it up.

Wait until the 27th.

There's quite a few club members that work long & hard to develop the gps tracs and roll chart. They are the architects and owners of the ride.

When I signed up last week I also noticed passengers are free......I would think that they would not even have put that on the form if 2up would be a bad idea.

I also called Miguel and he said they have 186 miles of hard way this year.

Ok, I'll bite.....

I'm curious as to what afternoon hardways I *may* be riding alone/comfortably in the morning while the rest of you plaque chasing apes are over on the other side of the lake riding the morning hardways in the dust/crowd B) .......it's not that I won’t/don't ride'em, I'm just not interested in trying to ride all of'em on game day :lol: ......I'd rather ride a few UNCROWDED/DUST FREE hardways along with a few easy ways, stop for a REAL lunch, and be back at the hotel/cleaned up with a cold “B” in my hand when dinner is served ;) .....BUT, that plan is sorta dependant on the way the tracks are laid out.......last year it was easy to take a couple of morning easy ways over to afternoon hardways (in the morning), have lunch, and then go snag a couple more easy ways after lunch (I''m generally not interested in tackling the tough stuff after lunch).......this plan also keeps me interested in riding on Sunday......if I went balls to the wall on Sat. I'd have nothing left for Sunday......sucks getting old(er)/fat(er)/slow(er) :blink:

I really like your idea for the riding...mix it up

Anybody know who is all going?

I would like to invite all fellow SDAR members that will be attending the ride to a BBQ Friday night in Big Bear. I am renting a 3670 square foot cabin in Big Bear for this event. There is a deck outside with BBQ and a foose ball table inside next to wet bar etc etc (don't get any ideas in the hot tubs). Most likely we will be having a BYOB get together as well after the dinner at the convention center on Saturday as well if anybody is interested.

This BBQ will be BYOB and whatever meat you bring to BBQ. The cabin is about 2.5 miles from the Motel 6.

PM me for the address and let me know what and how much meat you will be BBQing....I need to get an idea on how much charcoal and sides to bring.

Mike

I would like to invite all fellow SDAR members that will be attending the ride to a BBQ Friday night in Big Bear.

Thanks for the invite - PM sent

I would like to invite all fellow SDAR members that will be attending the ride to a BBQ Friday night in Big Bear.

Thanks for the invite - PM sent

Same thanks. Look forward to meeting.

I'm out, work is sending me to Vegas for a convention. :good:

Maybe some more time for my foot to heal, but I'm bummed I can't make it.

Is anyone changing the jetting on thier bikes for this ride?

It's a long drive to have my bike run poorly the whole ride.

I would like to invite all fellow SDAR members that will be attending the ride to a BBQ Friday night in Big Bear. I am renting a 3670 square foot cabin in Big Bear for this event. There is a deck outside with BBQ and a foose ball table inside next to wet bar etc etc (don't get any ideas in the hot tubs). Most likely we will be having a BYOB get together as well after the dinner at the convention center on Saturday as well if anybody is interested.

This BBQ will be BYOB and whatever meat you bring to BBQ. The cabin is about 2.5 miles from the Motel 6.

PM me for the address and let me know what and how much meat you will be BBQing....I need to get an idea on how much charcoal and sides to bring.

Mike

Mike, Greg, and I (Bobby) would really like for all of the sdar members to swing by the cabin that we are renting.

Bring your own beer and have a good time. We would like to meet all of the members here so that we won't feel weird showing up to other rides.

Just pm mike (hoss314) and let us know if you are showing up.

Thanks,

Bobby

EDIT: I was told that this post may have sounded a little limp wristed, so are there any single ladies on sdar? hahahahaha

Mike

Mike, Greg, and I (Bobby) would really like for all of the sdar members to swing by the cabin that we are renting.

Bring your own beer and have a good time. We would like to meet all of the members here so that we won't feel weird showing up to other rides.

Thanks,

Bobby

Bobby, I am staying and riding with a friend who rents a house near Pinnacles staging area. We will stop by Friday night. Paul

For those who have done this before, do you know the routes and road numbers the ride follows? or does it change each year?

I love riding up there...but I do enjoy the forest when less crowded sometimes...are these rides crazy crowded?

..does sound like lots of fun....just got back from Crab flats yesterday....

if someone could reply if they know I'd appreciate it....does anyone have the gps file from last year?....is that shareable?....

thanks, d

also, here is flyer if anyone wants it...

Is anyone changing the jetting on thier bikes for this ride?

It's a long drive to have my bike run poorly the whole ride.

I found that my DRZ only bogged a little at the highest elevations. If I was going for a plaque, I would do it for sure.

As far as your other comment, don't ever feel weird about joining rides.... Whether you know the guys or not; we'll make you feel welcome... Maybe not in a limpwristed sort of way, but welcome

Fox; the routes change each year... If I understand it correctly, its the way they connect the trails, and the direction that they ride each trail that changes each year. Like the desert dash; there are a limited number of trails, so you mix up the order and direction to keep it fresh. If you really want to enjoy the trails, less crowded, wait for an SDAR informal trip. Crawdaddy, Dug, Mimi and some others know the trails pretty well.

Mike

Thanks,

Bobby

EDIT: I was told that this post may have sounded a little limp wristed, so are there any single ladies on sdar? hahahahaha

I think Dig Dug and I are going to stop by. Maybe Schwinn will show up to show us how to make mudslides ;) :lazy: Ken

thanks for the route info...the one nice thing on organized rides though, is that they probably make arrangements for some gates to be open that might normally be closed (kind of a tease if we can't go back though)..., so we'll see what the week brings...if not this ride, I'd love to head up there with some of you folks from down here...I ride up there often with out of town friends mostly..

On jetting, My bikes both run great up there with no change in jetting.. (09klx250 and 01kdx220)..But, on that, from what I've read and been told, the kawasaki's are very "elevation change friendly"..(gladly :lazy: )..might not be true for all bikes?.....but I'm a noob and don't know much, just share what I know from the area and my very limited experiences...

you guys have a great time, and would love to get the gps file if it is legally shareable? ....don't know the rules on those??? ;)