DigDug

I GOTTA RIDE! (15/16 Feb)

Right now I'm out of town - will be back on Saturday. That leaves me two days of the three day weekend to RIDE!!!! I've got to test out some repairs I did on the EXC to make sure the bike is ready for the Dash. Mickey's off his bike (unless his grades miraculously come up over the next two days) so dual-sport is the way to go. I see the weather forecast, so I know I may get rained (or snowed) out - but I'd really like to hit up Hixon/Allesandro one of the days (will probably truck up to give us more time to ride the trails rather than the dirt roads). Maybe desert (Superstition and meed up with Crawdaddy and gang?) the other.

I'm up for just about anything on two wheels!!!

Who wants to ride???? :)

Right now I'm out of town - will be back on Saturday. That leaves me two days of the three day weekend to RIDE!!!! I've got to test out some repairs I did on the EXC to make sure the bike is ready for the Dash. Mickey's off his bike (unless his grades miraculously come up over the next two days) so dual-sport is the way to go. I see the weather forecast, so I know I may get rained (or snowed) out - but I'd really like to hit up Hixon/Allesandro one of the days (will probably truck up to give us more time to ride the trails rather than the dirt roads). Maybe desert (Superstition and meed up with Crawdaddy and gang?) the other.

Who wants to ride???? :D

I'm riding the Harley out to Tombstone with a couple of friends. If you really want to test out that bike you could come with us? :)

I'm looking for a Sunday gig, but needs to be mostly off-road.

Fakey it’s a big desert along side 8 and 10. I guess you could ride in the dirt. :D:)

Maybe there will be something there for you. I'll see how my weekend goes.

Fakey it’s a big desert along side 8 and 10. I guess you could ride in the dirt. :):D

True. But then I'd have to wait for you at all the intersections... :D

Maybe there will be something there for you. I'll see how my weekend goes.

I'll be watching here for time...and watching the weather.

Phill

I want to get back on my bike too.

I haven't decided what to do. Dual sport might be just the ticket.

Either way, I am finally taking Monday off rain or shine.

I am up for just about anything Monday I think.

Guest Chris&Tammy

Who wants to ride???? :)

if no one is up for local i would like to run hixon,

how far is hixon/alesandro and what type of ridin are we talkin about? i need to learn these new places.

how far is hixon/alesandro and what type of ridin are we talkin about? i need to learn these new places.

Hixon trail is about 55 miles north of Escondido just west of Anza and Thomas Mountain. Some folks like to reach it from the north side and drive in through Hemet to Bautista Canyon road.

I'd really like to hit up Hixon/Allesandro one of the days (will probably truck up to give us more time to ride the trails rather than the dirt roads).

Allesandro/Hixon are sure to be REALLY RUTTED after all the recent rain.......but once you get up top they'll be a blast.....

I'll be out at Stuper-Stition all day Sat/Sun....may or may not stay Sunday night depending on what others in my group decide and the weather......we'll likely pull out of camp first thing Monday morning if we do stay Sunday night....

Okay... Here's what I'm thinking...

With the Desert Dash next weekend, and my plan to get some additional desert riding in on Friday before the dash, I'd really like to get some mountain riding this weekend. Right now there's a lesser chance of rain on Sunday than Monday in the mountains, so I'm thinking I'd like to try and hit Hixon/Alessandro (and maybe the Nutcracker) on Sunday and hit the desert on Monday.

Hixon is a solid intermediate trail - in other words, probably not the best beginner ride. Alessandro is intermediate-plus downhill, and solid advanced uphill (I'd like to do both if the riders are up to it). Check THIS THREAD for a writeup with just a few pictures of the trails. These are dirt-bike trails and not really suitable for bigger bikes. If you want to explore the area though, you can stage with us and there are quite a few other forest roads to go poking around in the mountain. Hixon and Alessandro are both "green sticker" routes, but a plate is required if we do any more than those two trails. Also, Crawdaddy's prediction of rain-ruts is probably pretty accurate and could increase the difficulty.

I don't really want to do Hixon solo, so if the overwhelming majority wants to go to the desert on Sunday, I'll do that. I figure we can meet up at the Deer Springs Park-N-Ride (bikes in trucks) just north of Escondido early Sunday morning and make the call then based on the weather if we head up to Hemet or out to the desert (Both are about an-hour-and-a-half drive).

If there's no interest in Hixon, I'll shift gears and see if we can plan a trip out to the desert...

Who's in for the mountains with me on Sunday???

I might be up for Hixon on Sunday. It depends how much it rains up in this area. It WILL be rutted already.

I am not into going down Allessandro though. That's bad enough in the best conditions.

I'll be watching the weather. It might snow tonight!

My Big Bear trip got cancelled, so I was thinking about going... then you made that comment about "solid advanced" and scared me... I'll be home baking some brownies :huh:

My Big Bear trip got cancelled, so I was thinking about going... then you made that comment about "solid advanced" and scared me... I'll be home baking some brownies :huh:

Quit being a girl (no offense to the real girls on the site)! Come along, we can run Hixon uphill then Alessandro downhill. From there we can decide if we want to run Alessandro uphill or whether we want to explore some other trails in the area... Or, if Hixon looks bad, we can skip Alessandro altogether and explore some of the forest roads up there - or head over and check out the Nutcracker trail...

It looks like the forecast is improving (lower probability of rain) for Sunday so how about we meet at the Deer Springs Park-N-Ride (the lot on the West side of I-15, North of Escondido - MAP HERE) and be ready to roll out at 8am. It's an hour-and-a-half to Hixon from there so we can be suited, ready to ride by 10am - should be warm enough by then - even if it's raining a little. If the weather really sucks, it's about the same time to the desert (Ocotillo Wells, etc) and we can make the call then...

Sounds like a semi-solid plan for Sunday...

Anybody up for some desert riding on President's Day - Monday???

I'm thinking the desert might be the best place to be since there's still a likelihood of rain on Monday...

Is this a go for meeting at the Deer Springs Park and Ride at 8:00?

If it is, I'm in.

Wayne

I'll be there, ready to roll by 8:00am tomorrow...

If you're going to be late, give me a call tomorrow (number in members only forum) and/or post or PM here. I'll check in the morning before I head out.

If you want to meet up at Hixon - HERE's a map to the trailhead...

Conditions should be perfect!!!!

I still want to do something on Monday. Anybody else? Any ideas??

hope you guys got to ride... My clutch cable is still not in :blink: and I have a nasty flu... Stuck in bed for 3 days and lost 13 pounds.