DigDug

Don't Read This If You Have A Kick Start Only Bike

WARNING, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A RED ELECTRIC START BUTTON OR KEY START STOP!!!! READ NO FURTHER

SWITCH TOPICS

YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR TIME AND BECOME JEALOUS OF YOUR "MODERN" BIKE OWNING BUDDIES, TURN BACK NOW

Fake, Foney, Fraud

No e-start capable bikes allowed.

Please remove the previous post from the record.

Since there is so much "hostility" in the "other" thread, I figured us "modern bike owners" deserved a thread of our own... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (don't get offended, that was sarcasm - I'm sure bikeslut recognizes it)

Ever notice your kick-start buddies going through some strange ritual trying to get their "antiquated" beasts going in cold weather. Pushing the starter down multiple times, pulling strange levers on the handlebars, then kicking violently before repeating the whole process? Ever see the sweat pouring down their brow when they kick a dozen times after dropping and flooding bike? How about when they stall it over a rock section, mumble something profane and about how they need one of those "Rekluse" clutch things? Do you notice they try and "strategically plan" their stops so they can "bump start" their relics on a downhill section? Often they look at you in envy as you thumb your way to a running motor and zip off while they repeat their ritual hunting for that elusive Top Dead Center...

Here's the ritual for the 450 EXC.

1. Push your right thumb on that little red button.

2. Apply a large grin across your face as your modern machine springs to life.

3. Turn around to wait for and watch your buddies on their technologically deficient machines pounce up and down.

4. Shift into neutral since your left hand it cramping up from holding the clutch in, waiting for them.

5. Grab a drink of water while you're waiting.

6. Hear their bike finally fire up and take off.

7. Stop and wait a few hundred yards up the trail since your buddies forgot that they crashed in third gear and they stalled it out trying to get going.

8. Plug your ears so you don't hear all the profanity from 100 yards back on the trail.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thumb cramps are a bigger hazard than one might imagine.

I find a good diet, combined with regular exercise and yoga keep my thumb in tip-top condition, ready to be called to duty if necessary for pressing that button.

Thumb cramps are a bigger hazard than one might imagine.

I find a good diet, combined with regular exercise and yoga keep my thumb in tip-top condition, ready to be called to duty if necessary for pressing that button.

who you trying to fool? Your bike starts itself...once

I usually see KTM owners do it like this when it's a cold morning at the Pine Valley cul-de-sac.

WARNING: Mild KTM Bashing!!!! I hope it's okay since I only have a kick start on my Yamahahaha, and no kick start on my electric start bikes.

2. Apply a bewildered look across your face as the starter motor turns over at approximately 7 rpms and fails to start the beast.

3. Furiously press red button again in hopes that it will magically turn the starter faster.

4. Reach down on right side of bike and flip kick starter out.

5. Go through "strange ritual trying to get their "antiquated" beasts going in cold weather."

Enjoy! :lol:

Every year at the Dash there is always a bunch of bikes with something wrong from dead batteries to stuck or sank float bowls cuz some of you guys dont ride your bikes enough. Last year I showed up straight from Glamis the weekend before and found I had no back brakes and everyone tried to fix it. Turned out to be a small sand pebble in my brake line I found when I got home , but riding the dash with no back brake was a blast especially Heart Attack Hill. I killed the engine put it in 1st gear pulled in the clutch and let the clutch out a little when I needed the back brake down that hill. I did that three times on sunday. :lol:

HIJACKERS!!!!

NAYSAYERS!!!!

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A PRO-E-START THREAD!!!!

p9100086e.jpg

Doesn't always work out... :lol:

well of course YELLOW DRZs don't always start!

Okay...back to pro e-start. I still have a ritual even though the button works most of the time.

WR450F

1. Gas on.

2. Fire up electronics (1 button push & red Baja Designs module to P )

3. Cold: 3 full throttle turns, choke on, push button, smile (usually)

Warm: Leave throttle alone. Pull hot start lever, push button, smile.

4. Turn bike off and kick start the '01 WR250 that my son's been kicking like a 2 stroke even after being told a hunnert times what the sequence is.

5. Realize the 250 is now just pissed off from being kicked so much and move to push start mode.

6. Admit son is just like his father and is too much of an idiot to get the "sit down hard, let clutch out" sequence down.

7. Extricate tow strap from fanny pack & hook up. Tow son a zillion feet (that's right, a zillion).

8. 250 starts under tow. Strap released & repackaged.

9. Threaten to sell 250 and/or son when you get home.

10. Ride like you don't have a mortgage for two hours. Smile.

11. Load bikes & head home.

12. Put son on Craigslist. Smile

I've noticed something.........a lot of us waste too much time on here, while at work (me included) :unsure:

I've noticed something.........a lot of us waste too much time on here, while at work (me included) :unsure:

conference calls :lol: (no video)

I usually see KTM owners do it like this when it's a cold morning at the Pine Valley cul-de-sac.

WARNING: Mild KTM Bashing!!!! I hope it's okay since I only have a kick start on my Yamahahaha, and no kick start on my electric start bikes.

2. Apply a bewildered look across your face as the starter motor turns over at approximately 7 rpms and fails to start the beast.

3. Furiously press red button again in hopes that it will magically turn the starter faster.

4. Reach down on right side of bike and flip kick starter out.

5. Go through "strange ritual trying to get their "antiquated" beasts going in cold weather."

Enjoy! :lol:

You forgot one crutial step Tom.

6. DON'T touch the throttle or you will Kick 'Til Monday :unsure:

waste is such a judgmental word- it's very uncomfortable for me. Let's suggest another word, or another phrase- how about:

"many of us portion our time wisely between work and stimulating outside influences. A proper balance will improve the the mind/body connection, and provide us with a enhanced life, both in our work and our family life."

Better, huh?

waste is such a judgmental word- it's very uncomfortable for me. Let's suggest another word, or another phrase- how about:

"many of us portion our time wisely between work and stimulating outside influences. A proper balance will improve the the mind/body connection, and provide us with a enhanced life, both in our work and our family life."

Better, huh?

spoken like a pastor... or something

I've noticed something.........a lot of us waste too much time on here, while at work (me included) :lol:

I work for the federal government....

What's your excuse??? :unsure:

Okay, I didn't read any of it. I just posted a response. ;)

Well, maybe I read a teeny tiny bit. :wacko:

I've noticed something.........a lot of us waste too much time on here, while at work (me included) :wacko:

Better, huh?

spoken like a pastor... or something

Like a copyrighter, perhaps. Sometimes very similar approach:

Now open your hearts and your wallets, and, in Fake's Name, show yourself the love in your heart.

Show the love you feel- not just for Fake Name, but for yourself and your families!

Share that hard-earned cash, that instrument of the devil!

Rid yourselves of that awful burden!

Lighten your load in life- free yourself from those bonds, those shackles of material wealth!

Show! Show your FRIENDS here in the room. Show THEM what's in your heart. Show THEM how you care about Fake Name!

RIGHT NOW, right now, my friends- go to the members-only forum, look up his email address and send a PayPal contribution right NOW, friends!

all the same.