Strega

X-Plane Tour - Jan 9-11, 2008

:) the ghost riders will not be named

:lol: in fact you may not hear them or see them, but just sense an ominous presence. :huh:

this is the most organized "informal ride" I've ever heard of...

Good show Chris... FYI I am still more of a POSSIBLE than an IN... And trophy will have the gps on slutbike, and I'll be flogging the BTSNBN

Zenosan - Sextant/Compass/Slide Rule :D

Sextant/Compass/Slide rule??? :):lol:

Looks like the majority of riders have GPS units.....that's great! :)

I just sent Roger a "Sat only File" for folks with older GPS units - 10 tracks total and each track is filtered to less than 250 points per track.....I'm sure he'll post a link

YOU DO NOT NEED THIS FILE IF YOU HAVE A 60/76......it's only for older Garmin V's, III's, older ETREX models....

OK - I don't have a sextant but I do have my old Army compass and a slide rule. And believe it or not I actually have a Garmin GPS in my boat. Never saw a need for one on a motorcycle though because I look at maps and watch where I am going. :huh:

Don

Wow! A four page "consolidated" post. Cool.

Thx for updating the main page....very handy. Lots of good work by those organizing. My personal vote is they don't pay for refreshments or dinner Saturday night. Those of us who are benefitting should pitch in as this isn't a "meet at PV...we'll ride from there" post.

. My personal vote is they don't pay for refreshments or dinner Saturday night.

Completely agree.

has a socket like this, maybe?

edit: I've been told not to use the attachment feature. Sorry, I'll avoid it in the future....

nope,, its round, that looks like a slot. I went ahead and ordered a data cable so hopefully it gets here in time.

So my wife's Uncle had an older GPS a Garmin GPS 3, we could not get mapsource to work because he did not own another map pack on the PC etc, so I saved out the F file as a gpx and he was able to use it with the easygps program

Hello everyone

I am going to have to bow out of this ride, I just found a crack in my IMS tank, (walked out to the garage and smelled gas ,saw puddle under bike).

I reinstalled the stock tank but it only has a range of about 65 mi. I don`t think i will receive a replacement soon enough for the ride. Have a good ride!

Hello everyone

I am going to have to bow out of this ride, I just found a crack in my IMS tank, (walked out to the garage and smelled gas ,saw puddle under bike).

I reinstalled the stock tank but it only has a range of about 65 mi. I don`t think i will receive a replacement soon enough for the ride. Have a good ride!

We'll have enough bikes with big tanks that can get ya the extra 15 miles :) Don't let the smaller tank stop ya Kris!

Hello everyone

We'll have enough bikes with big tanks that can get ya the extra 15 miles :) Don't let the smaller tank stop ya Kris!

for sure... I can do 80 miles twice, so can give you some... bring some sort of bottle.

Jeff at Hall`s Cycles is shipping me a replacement today, maybe it will be here in time anyway!

Jeff at Hall`s Cycles is shipping me a replacement today, maybe it will be here in time anyway!

Hey man, you're "in" whether it arrives or not :) ......you already did the groveling on the home front to get the hall pass approved for that weekend so it makes no sense to throw it away now :blink: ........just put a water bottle in your back pack and if you wind up needing a bit of gas to reach Johannesburg in the morning someone oughta be able to help ya out. (once you fill up in Johannesburg the first time you'll have plenty of gas to make it back to Johannesburg again after lunch and the last stretch between Johannesburg and Barstow is only ~65 miles)......if one of the BTW groups drops you like a cheap date don't fret........C-Daddy will be bringing up the rear CTR group riding the 620 "mother ship".....guess I'd better plan on leaving Barstow with a full 7.4 gallons :):lol: ......Seriously, just go.......the terrain is so easy on this ride that I doubt fuel consumption will be an issue for most folks.....

See ya in Barstow :)

Added a .gpx file download so it will work with other GPS units. Thanks to Crawdaddy for making that happen.

Check original post.

OK- so if i bring a garmin 60cx (I think) and a download cable to somebody, can they easily download the tracks?

If I am going to ever be running point, I should know where I am running to... maybe I'll just run sweep, and blame getting lost on somebody else...

I can bring my laptop and will have it at the Ramada. Loading the track should take all of like 30 seconds if you have the cable (well if its usb on one end some older cables were serial and I dont have that port)

Several of us will have Laptops and cables, you're set.

Tom Holas and I (Aaron Cooper) are set to go...made hotel reservations today! I look forward to meeting you guys and having a great ride. B)

Several of us will have Laptops and cables, you're set.

Tom Holas and I (Aaron Cooper) are set to go...made hotel reservations today! I look forward to meeting you guys and having a great ride. B)

Excellent, we'll see ya at 9pm at the Ramada on the 9th, or earlier B)

Excellent, we'll see ya at 9pm at the Ramada on the 9th, or earlier B)

Earlier....as I will need a few beers before I head off to bed!

Just finished hard wiring my 60CSx to my bike, my new rear tire should be here tomorrow. Hopefully my replacement fuel tank shows up in time for the ride. Does anyone want to split a room for Friday night? I could reserve the room or reimburse someone who already has a reservation.

THAT is PERFECT riding weather!

34 is a little chilly to start the day, but once we hit the trails, we'll warm up quickly!

Do you guys have room for one more rider? numbskull/Michael

:lol: NO!!! ONE MORE RIDER WILL CAUSE THE EARTH TO SHIFT ON IT'S AXIS!!!

Just kidding... I've never been on a 30 person ride before, but can't imagine that one more would cause a problem...

but it's not MY ride :ph34r: