Sign in to follow this  
Spaugh

saturday 12/13

my riding buddies wanna stay away from the snow so we are meeting at grapevine canyon trail head off HWY 78 at 9AM. The weather should be more forgiving in the desert.

It will be easy pace and terrain. We are planning on going up grapevine to borrego springs and then explore coyote canyon area of anza borrego. The weather looks good until it gets windy in the late afternoon.

turn left (northwest) onto the trial and continue a few hundred yards to the parking spot. TRAIL HEAD IS ON THE NORTH SIDE OF 78.

trail head

hey crew,, its fam day at McPain for us, enjoy your ride at CC and be careful for oncomers! R

:D If I can get my stuff together I will start from my house in Julian and ride down Chariot Canyon and Oriflamme and meet you guys at Grapevine at 9.

I've recieved a couple desert requests, so I'm going to meet alex at grapevine trail head in the morning at 9AM off 78 east of scissors crossing about 5 miles.

I've recieved a couple desert requests, so I'm going to meet alex at grapevine trail head in the morning instead at 9AM off 78 east of scissors crossing about 5 miles.

Sweet - I Maybe in - New tires are mounted, need to do a valve adjustment tonight and clean the air filter.

Interested. :D

Is this dualsport?

I am unfamiliar with the trailhead. Directions would be helpful.

Still not sure about the ride yet though.

Interested. :D

Is this dualsport?

I am unfamiliar with the trailhead. Directions would be helpful.

Still not sure about the ride yet though.

Dualsport

Trailhead: N33 07.718 W116 25.543

Wish I could go but I'm out this weekend.....

you will need a dual sport bike, there is a short road section from grapevine to borrego springs, but it will be pretty much all dirt.

The trail on the north side of 78 is the one. Take it north west 100 yards or so and there is a place to park. You can get directions with distances from this link i believe.

trail head