Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Another family Desert Trip - Superstition

Already been out to Glamis/Truckhaven this fall......time to head over to Superstition.....

Go to THIS OLD THREAD for directions to our camp area.....

We'll be camped by the dune wall waaaaay out on Wheeler Rd near "Rabbit's foot trail" in the map below (SE corner)

SuperstitionMap.jpg

See ya out there..... :lol:

If Thankgiving weekend goes well, I may be out there for a day ride....so count me as pending.

Already been out to Glamis/Truckhaven this fall......time to head over to Superstition.....

We'll be camped by the dune wall waaaaay out on Wheeler Rd near "Rabbit's foot trail" in the map below (SE corner)

SuperstitionMap.jpg

Dang Crawdaddy, you're an ANIMAL!!!!

Actually, my wife has friends in town that weekend and I've been told to GET OUT of the house...

Mickey has been bugging me to let him do the D38 Race out at superstition that Sunday (the 7th). We might join your camp if you can leave space for us!!!

Actually, my wife has friends in town that weekend and I've been told to GET OUT of the house...

How cool is that?!?!?! :lol::lol:

Hopefully we won't be too shot out from LA-B-V the weekend before....

How cool is that?!?!?! :lol: :ninja:

Hopefully we won't be too shot out from LA-B-V the weekend before....

I WAS worried about that... If I'm still sore from LA-B-V and your "after LA-B-V" ride, then I'll just play "pit tootsie" for Mickey on Sunday...

If not, want to do the "team race"????? :lol:

I WAS worried about that... If I'm still sore from LA-B-V and your "after LA-B-V" ride, then I'll just play "pit tootsie" for Mickey on Sunday...

That D38 race start in Plaster or Superstition? I'd enjoy watching mickey race out there for sure.

That D38 race start in Plaster or Superstition? I'd enjoy watching mickey race out there for sure.

According to THEIR FLIER (LINKED HERE), the pits are at the intersection of Pole Line and Wheeler Roads.

Looks like it'll be a busy weekend out there for Crawdaddy's camping trip!!!

Looks like it'll be a busy weekend out there for Crawdaddy's camping trip!!!

Nah, they'll all be over at the races......we'll be playing in the dunes/narrows....

Erick - No need to worry about getting back to the camping spot with your truck.......a friend of mine was out at our usual camping spot this past weekend.....see e-mail below:

Chris,

Just came back from Superstition this past weekend. Couple of things: the road in is in very good shape, all the way to the "dune." The Blue Angles were not out, but we got a first-hand look at active bombing (1st time I've seen this, picture attached). Also, the INS tower is back, but in a new location. The road to the Blu Inn is very rutted :-(

Dave

Activebombing.jpg

Erick - No need to worry about getting back to the camping spot with your truck.......a friend of mine was out at our usual camping spot this past weekend.....

Thanks, good info... I'm in.

what kind of jet is that in the picture above? We saw those flying out at TH and wondered what they were.

SuperstitionMap.jpg

Bump

Plan to head out Friday night......usual camping spot......we'll be heading home around noon (latest) on Sunday (part of the household negotiations/bargain :lol::lol: .....promised Kathy we'd get back in time to pick up a XMAS tree on Sunday afternoon :) )

xxxinsd and I will probably ride from Plaster City to Crawdaddy Campground Friday night. Blame any and all missing food on desert animals. Chris, u got extra bunks?

Spent T-giving at SS. Wheeler was 1/3 washboard on Sunday heading out. It also pooled with the rain and got pot-holed in a few spots so keep ur eyes open :) It deteriorated from Friday in to Sunday out.

That is unless they grade it after heavy weekends. Either way, the things a freeway and there's plenty of room to go around.

Wish I could come out but our niece has her 13th B-Day on Sat. Dirt will always be there, turnin' 13 won't.

Enjoy!

We're out for this weekend. Got a house full of sick people :) . Have fun out there!

Spent T-giving at SS. Wheeler was 1/3 washboard on Sunday heading out. It also pooled with the rain and got pot-holed in a few spots so keep ur eyes open :) It deteriorated from Friday in to Sunday out.

I thought it was pretty amazing how quickly the road when to hell, it was really nice when we showed up and felt like the motorhome was going to disintegrate when we left.

Wish I could make it back again this weekend, but I'm turning an IH into scrap metal. Have fun.

I thought it was pretty amazing how quickly the road when to hell, it was really nice when we showed up and felt like the motorhome was going to disintegrate when we left.

Wish I could make it back again this weekend, but I'm turning an IH into scrap metal. Have fun.

Hi Chris

We would like to join you but Gotta Dance this weekend.

Don

How about a ride report? Did you get the radiator fixed to ride? Any pics of flaming household items (maybe in members section). Thanks again for hooking us up with water, gas and radio frequency programing. :bad: Ken

How about a ride report? Did you get the radiator fixed to ride? Any pics of flaming household items (maybe in members section). Thanks again for hooking us up with water, gas and radio frequency programing. :) Ken

I didn't snap any photos......we had a fun/family weekend and it was nice of you guys/Brandon and kiddo's to stop by.....Doug sent Mickey's radiator off to be repaired (the left radiator field repair sorta worked to salvage some of the weekend)......my radiator hose sprung a leak on the last ride of the day......bad weekend for radiators :) .......watching the D38 race start from the bluffs Sunday morning was pretty cool, I'd never been to a race start before.......the ~40 (?) bikes rushing towards the bluff sounded like a jet engine.........I can neither confirm nor deny that some unique campfire "burnables" went up in smoke (quickly) Saturday night .....all remnants of the burn were racked/shoveled/removed Sunday when we left the campsite -_-

How about a ride report? Did you get the radiator fixed to ride? Any pics of flaming household items (maybe in members section). Thanks again for hooking us up with water, gas and radio frequency programing. :) Ken

I didn't snap any photos......we had a fun/family weekend and it was nice of you guys/Brandon and kiddo's to stop by.....Doug sent Mickey's radiator off to be repaired (the left radiator field repair sorta worked to salvage some of the weekend)......my radiator hose sprung a leak on the last ride of the day......bad weekend for radiators :) .......watching the D38 race start from the bluffs Sunday morning was pretty cool, I'd never been to a race start before.......the ~40 (?) bikes rushing towards the bluff sounded like a jet engine.........I can neither confirm nor deny that some unique campfire "burnables" went up in smoke (quickly) Saturday night .....all remnants of the burn were racked/shoveled/removed Sunday when we left the campsite -_-

Radiators? Leak?

My cooling fins never did that.

Don

Radiators? Leak?

My cooling fins never did that.

Don

Hammer? Is that you???

(sorry to hijack your thread a little further there Crawdaddy....

SuperstitionMap.jpg

See ya out there..... B)

Bump - Heading out again Thursday........we'll be camped in the usual/general area........some other friends/families are already out there......hopefully they're a bit further back from the dune wall than last trip......stop by if you're in the area.........we'll probably be out there around 3pm on Thursday and we'll stay through Sunday morning (want to get back/unload before the Charger's game on Sunday.......glad it's another ~5pm start)