Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Sunday the 9th

Add two to your list of "probably"... At 8am...

Assuming Mickey's grades are up that is... If not add one... B)

FN is off "vacationing"... Anybody else buy a radio and need it programmed? If you don't speak up, I'm leaving the laptop at home...

Where by the ranger station? Right in front? It might be kind of tough to find parking there...

I saw LOTS of toyhaulers headed out that way on the back from LA today... It's going to be a busy weekend... We'll have to stay off the main roads and away from the tourist attractions...

Add two to your list of "probably"... At 8am...

Assuming Mickey's grades are up that is... If not add one... B)

FN is off "vacationing"... Anybody else buy a radio and need it programmed? If you don't speak up, I'm leaving the laptop at home...

Where by the ranger station? Right in front? It might be kind of tough to find parking there...

I saw LOTS of toyhaulers headed out that way on the back from LA today... It's going to be a busy weekend... We'll have to stay off the main roads and away from the tourist attractions...

park where ever you'd like... we can meet somewhere near the kiddie track near the station... everybody can look for the bikes with plates...

I'll have Ozzy and Shock with me (black DRZ with Superman logo on head light- they both have Orange bikes)

I know what Doug and Rooster look like, as well as Jason...

so look for the group of dual sporters, and my bike (with the logo) will be facing the main road leading to the Ranger station...

Don't you think people will start packing up Sunday for the drive home? I'm hoping so...

I just got my kitchen pass to go, I will have my son and possibly my Brother-in-law with me, so we will probably ride on our own most of the day. I do have 2 new radios that I would like to get programmed, so if you don't mind bringing the stuff to do it, I would appreciate it. Let me know the fee ( beer? cigars?) and I will bring it also. I will try to be at the ranger at 8 to meet up with everyone. I'll be coming from Ramona and have room for at least 2 more people if anyone wants a ride also.

Wife says she would like to go riding, so assuming she is willing to get up that early we will be on our way. I will check the sticker on my green sticker bike and if its still good I will probably bring that bike otherwise my WRR

where is the meeting spot? briana and bbgwill and I will probably come. Should be one big ass group.

Didn't get the 450 back from C & D. Waiting on parts. I'll eval the WR250 Saturday and decide for sure. Will chime back in with a definite answer.

Would it be safe to assume there will be "chili reminders" from Saturday's events at the rodeo grounds? B)

Sounds like there will be a few VX-170s that want to get some programming... I'll pack the laptop and programming cable. Sounds like it will be a good chance to give them a good ops-check with a group!!!

SDlineman - no fee required... It'll just be nice to have everyone on the same sheet of music.

My green sticker bikes green sticker went out in June 2008. I would probably get away with it that or ride the WRR. The tw301/302s should prove interesting in the sand if I do hehe.

My green sticker bikes green sticker went out in June 2008. I would probably get away with it that or ride the WRR. The tw301/302s should prove interesting in the sand if I do hehe.

take the green sticker bike; we pass a ranger and we'll hide you in the middle (I have a DMV appt Monday myself)

so far-

slut

ozzie

shock

XXX +1

Wild Bill

are in

Jason and wife

RSDWR

are maybe

this should be good- lurkers always welcome- if the group gets too big, we split up.

I'll have the map and gps, so we can definitely find all the "spots"

Huh :unsure: I guess were not going to mars? Maybe see ya

Sorry the saturday ride is off now I guess they are going to OW sunday, I was thinking of going next week Maybe I will go both times, I would like to ride some of those narrow canyons not sure what they are called but they look awesome. I have lots of downloaded gps for out there, but its all new to me the last time I was out there was 1972

Me and my wife will be there she will ride my 450 quad but she can keep up. ill probly go to borona races sat night then take my truck out to ow late that night and sleep in the bed i really dont think i can wake up that early on sunday so ill have a head start getting there for sunday.....anybody else riding quads or just her? doug id love it if you could program my radio too. i have to wait for the headset but at least i will be programmed. see you guys there.....xxx

Me and my wife will be there she will ride my 450 quad but she can keep up. ill probly go to borona races sat night then take my truck out to ow late that night and sleep in the bed i really dont think i can wake up that early on sunday so ill have a head start getting there for sunday.....anybody else riding quads or just her? doug id love it if you could program my radio too. i have to wait for the headset but at least i will be programmed. see you guys there.....xxx

I'm still not sure if my bro-in-law is coming, but if he does he'll be on a quad. I'm going to bring my son's 50cc chinese quad, but we'll prolly go off on our own, because the rest of the group won't be able to keep up with him on it. :unsure:

My wife rides a raptor 250 quad, in general she will keep up better than me, especially probably in the sand. If the group splits I am sure we will go in the slower one :unsure:

I'm in. 8:00 Ranger station/kids track. Got 450 back from C & D. Grey Tundra 4 door.

I know it's late notice, but if anyone wants to car(truck)pool, I have room for another bike, etc.

Call me...coming from east county, up 67.

Ken

So my drz-250 kept dying whenever I would give it any gas, but finally after having it choked for quite a few minutes i was able to slowly roll on the throttle and then it was fine. But it died a bunch prior to getting it that way.

Now the same thing is happening on my wifes quad, its always had a hard time running cold from the factory and has to be on choke a while before it can sustain its very low idle. But anytime I give it even a little bit of gas it cuts out and dies and if I turn the choke down to half way it also dies and this is after having run it for a few minutes

Any ideas? I don't want to have to back out due to stuff not working

Both the quad and the bike have been sitting for 4-5 months maybe, so I guess it could be the carb but I don't really know how to tear that stuff apart, the carb on my drz was just cleaned and a new jet put in the one ride before this one

So my drz-250 kept dying whenever I would give it any gas, but finally after having it choked for quite a few minutes i was able to slowly roll on the throttle and then it was fine. But it died a bunch prior to getting it that way.

Now the same thing is happening on my wifes quad, its always had a hard time running cold from the factory and has to be on choke a while before it can sustain its very low idle. But anytime I give it even a little bit of gas it cuts out and dies and if I turn the choke down to half way it also dies and this is after having run it for a few minutes

Any ideas? I don't want to have to back out due to stuff not working

clogged jets from sitting is my best guess...

:unsure: must have managed to get the one on the DRZ to unclog because it runs fine now

now a days gas has a shelf life of a few weeks there are so many additives that when the gas evaporates it leaves a lot of white crap to clog jets behind....

the carb should have a drain on the bottom usualy a phillips head screw..turn the gas off and open up the drain then open the fuel valve and let new fuel get into the carb..try it again if that dont work you will have to clean the carb but its no big deal..

if you can get the bottom of the carb off you can spray carb cleaner up into the jets with out taking off the carb..

hope this works

xxx

I'll take a look

It runs on full choke so I am guessing fuel is getting in obviously but the pilot jet is probably clogged