Sign in to follow this  
DR-Zinger

New member from North County

Hi everyone!

It's a official I'm a MEMBER! I've been browsing through the site for a few weeks now. I really wanted to go on the 10/25 ride up to Idyllwild... the pics are great it looks like it was a lot of fun. I had an interview that Monday and decided to prepare for it, plus I wasn't a member yet. (next time)

I'm not sure how I classify myself. I've been riding since I was about 12, I grew up riding in Ocotillo Wells, raced a bit at Carlsbad raceway, Saddleback, OC raceway, 117 and a couple of Dist 38 out at Plaster city.

and my has-been claim to fame San Diego supercross back in 1982. (ok, it was the amateur race on Sunday following the pros but still I got to race on a SX track)

If I ever race again I might go for vintage racing, maybe buy an old Maico or RM who knows.

I'm really excited about doing some rides with all types of terrain i.e. mountains, boulders, single track etc.

You look like a great group of riders with all types of riding abilities I can't wait to get out there and join up on some local rides.

I met Hammerin Hammon the other day, I over heard him talking about the ride to Idyllwild...small world.

Here's a blog I did after my solo ride around Palomar and Warner Springs http://dr-zinger.blogspot.com/

Hope to meet the rest on trails!!! :D

p.s. My name is Gary Brusch, I live in Carlsbad and I ride a 2001 DRZ400s I bought about a month ago. Previous bike was a 2000 YZ426.

From another noob, Welcome!

I'll ride pretty much anything, any time....uh with permission (hi honey!). :D Not plated yet but in process.

Street rides with dirt roads okay (V-Strom compliant).

Of those I've met, a very good group!

Nice ride post on the link.

Welcome!!

Check out the "Informal Rides" section and join up!! Don't hesitate to join up with anyone posting in there, as that's the reason for that forum, to get us all riding together!

:D Welcome Gary!

There will be plenty of rides to choose from.

I am in UBER north county so I'll do several rides up the Palomar divide and down the other side, Hemet (now that Mimi showed me the entrance to Hixon), and Idyllwild.

I'll post a ride before the rains and snow hopefully!

Join the fun!!!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Join the fun!!!

Cool, :D Welcome, See ya.

When do you want to ride. Give me a call.

Hammer, uh Craig.

Welcome Gary, you are just in time for Hondapilot's beach to the river ride this weekend. I am in Vista, near the old Carlsbad raceway. Feel free to PM me if you need anything. See you on the trails. :D Ken

more people, everyday....LOVE IT!

welcome to the fray...it's a great place to meet others of similar thinking!!

as a noob to both the site, and the ride...i appreciate all the things this site has!

well, get out there!! here's to seeing another DRZ out there!!!

Blind :D

DRZ is a good choice for a do-anything bike. Terrible619, Motobro, Joliet, blind and I (among others) ride one.

See you out there

Welcome Dr Zing,,, Another NC newbie here too. Pack up that 400 and come up HERE and I'll show you some cool singletrack.

I don't blame you to take the time to prepare for an interview, especially if it was for employment. Pretty serious stuff, there.

There will be plenty more rides coming along and fairly soon. We never made it over Thomas Mountain on the 10/25 ride so that still needs doing. :D

Anyway, welcome aboard. We seem to be getting quite a few members joining in from the North county lately.

Welcome to the group. See ya on the trail.

I've seen some reports of stuff closed up at Palomar but looks like an interesting ride would enjoy knowing the route

I've seen some reports of stuff closed up at Palomar but looks like an interesting ride would enjoy knowing the route

The ride I took:

I rode from Carlsbad out the 76 to 395 into Temecula East on 79. 1/2 mile past the Anza turnoff (391 I think)turned right towards the RV park. at park went left on dirt road (through no trespassing signs) just stayed on the dirt road which is the Palomar Divde road. Took it although way to where it drops back down onto the 79. Turned right towards Warner Springs then a few miles on the left took Lost Valley rd for 7 miles

once a Indian Flats turned right on dirt road and took it until I reached Chiahuahua valley road turned left on it then left again on the 79 then into Warner spring, palomar mtn and down Nate Harrison grade back on 76 and home. Ok ride if you're going solo since it's not technical at all and more scenic.

I would recommend driving and unloading your bike in Warner springs and start from there. I enjoyed it but too much street riding.

The ride I took:

I rode from Carlsbad out the 76 to 395 into Temecula East on 79. 1/2 mile past the Anza turnoff (391 I think)turned right towards the RV park. at park went left on dirt road (through no trespassing signs) just stayed on the dirt road which is the Palomar Divde road. Took it although way to where it drops back down onto the 79. Turned right towards Warner Springs then a few miles on the left took Lost Valley rd for 7 miles

once a Indian Flats turned right on dirt road and took it until I reached Chiahuahua valley road turned left on it then left again on the 79 then into Warner spring, palomar mtn and down Nate Harrison grade back on 76 and home. Ok ride if you're going solo since it's not technical at all and more scenic.

I would recommend driving and unloading your bike in Warner springs and start from there. I enjoyed it but too much street riding.

It's 371.......you went up "High Pt TT" which seamlesslly intersects Palomar Divide about mid way.....then you came down Palomar Divide to 79.....

Next time, when you reach Chihuahua, consider going straight and it'll lead you to Copper Cienega TT (also known as CA. Riding and Hiking Trail) to Baily (right) to Terwilleger (left) to Wellman (left) to Kirby (right) and you'll pop back out on 371 in Anza........then you can circle back or head towards Bautista/Thomas Mtn/Idyllwild....or you can cut over to 371 even lower and bypass Anza.......lot's of options.....

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3213

PS: Happy B-Day to the new guy :unsure: