Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Still on the hunt

Well, I got a job a while ago, but it's tough on the truck and also on the pocketbook, so I am still looking for work if anybody knows of any.

Retail management is my best point, cashiering, operations duties, customer service, merchandising, etc.

And remember, I always can schedule motorcycle work in on evenings and weekends.

Do you know anything about seafood?

I know it taste's good raw!!!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Can you kick start and ride a CR500. It needs to have the carb (jetting) dialed in. You could also install a new front tire,and true the wheels.

Craig.

http://www.co.san-diego.ca.us/hr/

New postings all the time and you can select from a job interest list where they email you when a job posting comes open. Nice thing about the county is the jobs are all over, uh, well, the county...so one could be near home.

Okay benefits and retirement. Get your foot in the door with something and move where you want. It's a gov't job...you know how it goes. :D

http://www.co.san-diego.ca.us/hr/

New postings all the time and you can select from a job interest list where they email you when a job posting comes open. Nice thing about the county is the jobs are all over, uh, well, the county...so one could be near home.

Okay benefits and retirement. Get your foot in the door with something and move where you want. It's a gov't job...you know how it goes. :D

I check County joblistings, but almost every one of them wants you to have a degree in something.... I am fairly well degreeless. :D But thanks any way.

Hammer, I don't need to get laid up with a broken foot :D:lol:

As for seafood, if I see food I like I eat it. :D

Do you know anything about seafood?

In case you didn't get my reply to your reply to my PM, I would be interested in any operational, office or customer service position that would be open. Thanks.

I saw open testing for San Diego Sheriff Dispatcher Jobs advertized in the Reader and on Craigslist. I have heard of a woman in her 50s with no degree or experiance getting hired for this job. I think they get retirement benefits after 5 yrs.

I saw open testing for San Diego Sheriff Dispatcher Jobs advertized in the Reader and on Craigslist. I have heard of a woman in her 50s with no degree or experiance getting hired for this job. I think they get retirement benefits after 5 yrs.

Thanks. I have already looked into that one as well.

And CHP dispatcher

And a few tow truck dispatcher jobs.

And another thing about the job that I have right now. It's a messenger job all based on commission and I have, through no fault of my own, too much down time. The only way I can make even the slightest amount of money is to live in my truck on a 12 hour shift everyday. Not the way I wish to spend my life. There are no benefits, no insurance, no paid vacation, holiday or sick days. I have to supply my own vehicle and fuel and any items I may need for the job, such as ice chests or a dolly. The only things I get from the company is a radio phone from the dispatcher and an official name badge. I don't get paid for the hours and hours of down time I incur. Not only do I not make money during those times, but it is also very boring. I don't want to nap, or read or do a crossword puzzle. I want to work a reasonable amount of hours a day, work hard during those hours and be productive, busy and useful. I like being around other people, too. And I like to try and make things more efficient and smooth running, talk to customers and shuffle papers etc and work on a computer. I'm not cut out for being a courier. :ph34r:

I dont have a degree, but still apply for all jobs i think i will like..

Never held me back.

I dont have a degree, but still apply for all jobs i think i will like..

Never held me back.

I apply for them too. Never got one of them.

GA-ASI is good company that is growing, and will be around for a long time. UAV's ARE the future. I worked for them on a few programs over the years, so I know for a fact that they will train beginners to learn many of the things they do there, and offer good bene's. They are in Rancho Bernardo, and Poway.

http://search9.smartsearchonline.com/asi/j...in=&co_num=

GA-ASI is good company that is growing, and will be around for a long time. UAV's ARE the future. I worked for them on a few programs over the years, so I know for a fact that they will train beginners to learn many of the things they do there, and offer good bene's. They are in Rancho Bernardo, and Poway.

http://search9.smartsearchonline.com/asi/j...in=&co_num=

Thanks. I actually had a messenger run out to one of their places. I will look into it.

Well, we have a lot of new members on the board lately, so there are new people for me to ask this question to. Anybody out there know of any work. It seems like there is no way to get a job unless you know somebody, and so far I only knew somebody who could help me get a really poor job. And by poor I mean that in the monetary sense of the word mostly. I was out of work for almost a year before I was able to get this one, but it is very hard on me and I am not well suited for it. I don't mind some hard work or if it's boring or somewhat stressful, if it is paying the bills and hopefully paying a little extra for some toys or fun. But this job seems to barely be paying for much more than maintenance of going to the job itself. :)

I will run through this again: I don't have a degree in anything. I have management skills, sales skills, cahiering and office skills, retail background and I enjoy working with other people and the public in general. I am trustworthy and dependable and I like to stay busy. I have motorcycle background of course, too. I am looking for a job that pays hourly or is salaried and is a day shift job. Thank you to anybody who can help me find anything.

And yes. I look every day on all the different websites and put in at least 3 or 4 apps a day. :)

Take a look at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. The pay is good and the retirement is great. Also their is no age discrimination and no experience necessary.

Take a look at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. The pay is good and the retirement is great. Also their is no age discrimination and no experience necessary.

I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.