Sign in to follow this  

My day started Friday the 31st off to the airport to catch a flight to the 12th annual ISDT Reunion Ride. Time was tight as I arrived in Tulsa at 8pm and I needed to get my numbers on the bike and though tech and into impound by 10pm. All was good with one my two teammates picking me up and getting me to the ranch.

DSCN4546.jpg

The bike passed all tech and ready for impound. Your bike is put in impound and cannot be removed only when you enter onto the course, then back to impound after your loop.

DSCN4549.jpg

Ready for action.

Any work done to the bike must be done in impound or penalty points will be assessed.

DSCN4551.jpg

Talking over ride plan for the morning.

Ok 6am and here is what I see in the impound area, a ton of bikes.

DSCN4554.jpg

Not to mention very cool bikes

DSCN4559.jpg

DSCN4561.jpg

After a riders meeting the bikes head for the start, 4 bikes per minute.

DSCN4567.jpg

DSCN4566.jpg

Wow check out the tall guy, Hey you play basket ball? Yes I do. That's the Dunking Dutchman. 12 years in the NBA allstar Rick Smits for the Indiana Pacers on a 84 Husky. He can ride too.

So the first day will include 56.3 miles of Oklahoma rocks, trees and hills, 4 checks and 4 special timed test.

DSCN4570.jpg

Me at the gas stop.

The ride was great, the little 100 tore it up and also my hand.

DSCN4583.jpg

Not used to ride that many miles so hard

DSCN4573.jpg

My score card for day one is perfect, the 32 matches the minute I started and I arrived at the checks on the right minute.

Dat two consist of 36.4 miles on the trail and a 5 lap natural terrain MX race, you race with others but its your time that matters

So I could go on and on about the event and the scoring and stuff but I will end the day on a good note.

DSCN4590.jpg

Now the Gold doesn't mean you came in first overall, I was really 3rd. 17 seconds behind the 2nd place guy, you must maintain a certain time percent behind the fastest rider in your class to be on Gold Time. 5 golds were giving out in our class with over 20 riders in the class.

DSCN4580.jpg

This is a bunch of the Hodaka riders that came from East and West to meet for the event. A high light of the photo is Dick Mann joining in, the little guy second from the right bottom row.

DSCN4586.jpg

Our Hodaka club provided the markers for the course, I had John and Jack Penton sign one.

Now I can't wait to join some SD Adventure Riders for some local rides. Thanks Kelly

What a cool time that looks like! I really like that Zundapp. You get to have all the fun! :):D

I love the diversity of machinery/preferences in our club......congrat's Kelly - what a fun/satisfying weekend.....

I love the diversity of machinery/preferences in our club......congrat's Kelly - what a fun/satisfying weekend.....

Thanks for the photos. I would have enjoyed just looking at all that cool vintage equipment.

Don

Wow. Looks like a really cool weekend! Good pics too.

Here is a couple photos from the Grass Track MX, it's laid out with just hay bales and ribbon.

Rubber band start, I'm at the far right of the photo with the green jersey.

DSC_0120.jpg

Off to a poor start, the last green jersey right behind one of my team mates.

DSC_0125.jpg

Making up some ground with a pass on the outside. I ended up 5th

DSC_0142.jpg

Kelly