christi20

I won a brand new bike!

I found out this morning that I won the "anybike you want sweepstakes"!

:unsure:

I bought $540 worth of tickets (only 3000 tickets sold at $10 each so the odds were pretty decent). I have never won anything like this before! I am sooooo stoked but I can't decide.

So here are my options...

2008 Honda CRF450X or R

2008 Honda CRF250X or R

2008 Honda TRX450 Quad

2008 KTM 300EXC

2008 KTM 530EXC

2008 Yamaha WR450 or YZF450

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

2008 Yamaha YZ450F Quad

2008 Suzuki DRZ400S

2008 Suzuki LT-R450 Quad

I can't decide! I am not into quads, so I've narrowed it down to pretty much all the bikes (except the DRZ).

I was going to buy an 09 YZF 250 this year, so I might ask if I can get that even though it's not on the list. If not, next choices were 530EXC (but I already have a 450EXC) or the CRF450X or WR450R. I was thinking about the KTM 300 but then my boyfriend kind of talked me out of the two stroke thing.

I have a big decision to make (tough huh?)!

Chime in if you want!

KTM 530 EXC looks like a solid choice.

Nice work Christi :)

I guess it depends on your needs, if you get the 530, you can sell your 450, and get something else you want, like a track bike or something. Or sell the 450 and get every sweet add on part for the 530 you can think of including the Radio Setup.

I would have to pick the 530EXC also. It is probably the most expensive bike on the list. You should be able to trade it for what you want and make a few bucks in the process. Use that good luck for all its worth. congrats, :) Ken

Don't forget to save the receipt for your tickets so you can deduct that against the value of the bike on your taxes. :)

Yes, the 530EXC was immediately my gut choice just because it the most expensive bike on the list. If I got this bike, it would rarely be ridden but it is so nice to have an extra plated bike for riding buddiesl And, yes, I could certainly sell it, but would I want to even mess with it when I could be riding a new yz or wr or x? Maybe. I would sort of feel greedy taking the 530 just for that purpose. But, then again, why not?

I think I will take a few days to think this one over.

Don't forget to save the receipt for your tickets so you can deduct that against the value of the bike on your taxes. :)

Oh my gosh. Thanks for the tip! I would not have thought of it.

If you get the 530 and don't want it, I'm sure SOMEONE here would take it off your hands :) For the right price of course :D

.....If you get the 530 and don't want it, I'm sure SOMEONE here would take it off your hands :)

Hmmmm. This may work if you would be interested in an '06 WR450 with a Rekluse set up (have the OEM clutch set up too). Throttle stop and pee shooter removed & carb adjusted accordingly. Total of 25-30 hours on the bike. Shop manual, blah, blah.

I'm plate challenged right now (don't know if that's PC or not) and would be interested in talking about some cash and a bike coming ur way.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!

True- you'll be needing to pay tax on the bike as if it were straight income. As a personal favor, I'm willing to unburden you of that obligation.

Ever watch Overhaulin? The "winner" needs to pay income tax on the FUL VALUE of goods and services received. Think about that- yes, it's still a bargain, but if those folks who are down on their luck and get this "surprise" will also be getting a visit from the IRS.

p

I found out this morning that I won the "anybike you want sweepstakes"!

:)

I bought $540 worth of tickets (only 3000 tickets sold at $10 each so the odds were pretty decent). I have never won anything like this before! I am sooooo stoked but I can't decide.

So here are my options...

2008 Honda CRF450X or R

2008 Honda CRF250X or R

2008 Honda TRX450 Quad

2008 KTM 300EXC

2008 KTM 530EXC

2008 Yamaha WR450 or YZF450

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

2008 Yamaha YZ450F Quad

2008 Suzuki DRZ400S

2008 Suzuki LT-R450 Quad

I can't decide! I am not into quads, so I've narrowed it down to pretty much all the bikes (except the DRZ).

I was going to buy an 09 YZF 250 this year, so I might ask if I can get that even though it's not on the list. If not, next choices were 530EXC (but I already have a 450EXC) or the CRF450X or WR450R. I was thinking about the KTM 300 but then my boyfriend kind of talked me out of the two stroke thing.

I have a big decision to make (tough huh?)!

Chime in if you want!

Christi: If you need to make room for your new steed please consider selling my kid (me :) ) one of your older 4stroke bikes.... you, Dirt Dame and a few others here are a few people I would ever bike a used bike from, because I know you guys take care of what you got :D

Rachel needs a plated 4stroker so she can ride with us! :D I'll be able to come up with some $$ in the next few months (Jan-Mar) while I double dip (two paychecks for awhile) and I've been looking around at what's selling in anticipation.... :D

Since the CRF is an '08 I'd rule that out. Since it's (in my opinion) better than the other 450s, they're ruled out too.

Is your 450 plated? If not, I'd get the 530. I rode one a few weeks ago and was blown away by it. I don't know that I'd personally want one (I'm a big guy) but it has soooo much power in such a light and small package . . . FUN!!!

I agree with your boyfriend re the 300. I rode one of those a couple of weeks ago too and while it was fun, who wants a bike you can only ride 6 months out of the year?

If it was my choice, I'd go with the 530.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Is the 300 the XCW, not the EXC?

The 300XCW 2 stroke is a badass machine, and you could plate it in AZ.

Ok, so I have really been mulling this over and came to a decision....

But let's start with some background. All the proceeds from this "sweepstakes" go to help a fellow rider, Jim Riley, who was paralyzed at Ocotillo Wells 2 years ago. He has huge medical bills as you can imagine. From the ticket sales, the sweepstakes admininstrator (Jeff, from Ridersonline.org), then has to purchase the bike of my choice. Whatever money is left over goes to Jim Riley.

So, in this case I feel it is best not to be greedy and take the most expensive bike on the list. I had planned to buy a new 09 YZF250 (white) this year. So, I have e-mailed Jeff and asked if I could take a bike not on the list. The difference between the YZ250F and the KTM530 is about $3000! That's $3000 more that will go directly to Jim Riley. I just feel better about offering that.

It may not be possible to change the terms of the sweepstakes. Apparently there is a lot of legal BS involved in setting one of these up. So, now I just wait to hear if he can do it. If not, my second choice really is the 530EXC.

Either way, I do feel very lucky. I am stoked.

good on you for thinking what the intention of this raffle is meant to be...

TO HELP!!! it's a great thing you paying the $540...AND you are thinking of the person who

will benefit from it....you get karma points doubled!!! :D

again, GOOD ON YOU!!!

Blind :lol:

Very classy move indeed, Christi! Jeff and Yodi are good people too. I've met him them the dez a couple times and threw down for some of those tickets. Glad to hear someone local pulled the winner!

Very classy move indeed, Christi! Jeff and Yodi are good people too. I've met him them the dez a couple times and threw down for some of those tickets. Glad to hear someone local pulled the winner!

I agree, very classy.

I agree with your boyfriend re the 300. I rode one of those a couple of weeks ago too and while it was fun, who wants a bike you can only ride 6 months out of the year?

Dude, are you HIGH? First of all the riding areas around here for red stickered bikes are on the average from Oct. 1st. to May 15th ish. That's more than 6 months if you add it up! Some areas of Calif. are open to red stickers all year round. And if you rode a 2t for ANY length of time, you my friend, would fall in love......trust me. See you Sat. Be ready.

Congrats Christi! I'm SURE you'll make the right choice of bike.

In our neck of the woods you can ride the red sticker bikes about 7 months out of the year, but the other months fall in the summer zone. You can still take a red sticker bike and ride it at Troy Meadows in July and it will be beautiful countryside and fair temperatures with rainy afternoons. Perfect!