Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Monday November 3rd

Jacumba North (yes; again)

roostingu felt like he missed out on the FN/BS production last week, so called me, and BEGGED me to take him out there ... OK; he just "asked"... nicely, I might add

SO... Jacumba unload around 7 a.m. we can meet at exit 77... turn off the freeway right, make another right, and there is a stagin area near an information board on the left side of the road.

I'll be there early in my red F150, with black DRZ in the back (or on the ground)

I'll bring my low quality video camera and my digital camera this time, since FN seems to take inappropriate pictures of riding partners... I should do the same

plan on some sand, some hard pack, some climbs and LOTS o' rocks

:D what have I gotten myself into :D

Jeff; you'll be fine... you'll be with me... what's the worst that can happen :ph34r:

Fake Name has not committed... something about a loving family and the need to earn an income... what a nancy

Ozzy may be in Utah/Colorado/New Mexico or some other exotic locale... only a few more weeks for those places, then time to break out the snowmobiles... Ozzy; if you want to go, you can 'pool with me

HondaPilot? Mimi?

I would NOT consider this a newb-friendly ride, but if anybody wants to test their limits, I will be willing to lead them around, as well.

Experienced riders (those listed above all easily qualify) will have no issues, I would think... Paul and I each fell once, due to sun-blindness on a rocky trail, and I smashed my knuckles on a manzanita.

I think if you are a newb, but have an aggressive riding style, you will be fine... limp-wristed approaches are not the best way to attack this kind of landscape...

:D what have I gotten myself into :D

Jeff; you'll be fine... you'll be with me... what's the worst that can happen :ph34r:

Fake Name has not committed... something about a loving family and the need to earn an income... what a nancy

A NANCY?

I think not.

A Sallie, perhaps.

Hmmmm, Strongly interested, a few things have to fall in place at work so I won't be missed. I've wanted to check out Jacumba and surrounding area for awhile now.

E

:blink: what have I gotten myself into :blink:

here spot :lol:

that which does not kill us, makes us stronger...

here spot! good one

If I'm in town I'll be there. As of this writing I'll be back on Monday night.

Lepetomane rides again hope you can make it :ph34r:

you to fn

Hmmmm, Strongly interested, a few things have to fall in place at work so I won't be missed. I've wanted to check out Jacumba and surrounding area for awhile now.

E

I hear there is a 24 hour flu going around on Mondays... it would be great to have you along.

if enough people want to carpool, we can meet at my house or a park n ride in lakeside ... I have a truck and trailer.

i'll be just getting back from a 3 day bishop-lone pine ride late sunday night. next time I.m in though.

ozzy

i'll be just getting back from a 3 day bishop-lone pine ride late sunday night. next time I.m in though.

ozzy

NOW you're just bragging-

pictures please :blink:

and have somebody that's NOT a caveman do a write-up...

me ozzy- nice day- then cold :ph34r:

ozzy

you were invited but said something about having to work and pay bills or some nonsense like that

What's with the Mondays?

Darn it. :ph34r:

I want to go, but can't do it Monday.

.....someday.

Christi- post a Sunday ride, and we can go... I like Mondays because...

fake name, ozzy, hondapilot, mimi, esefa, bill and jeff are all available, and they're pretty much the coolest people in the world- and they ride pretty darn well, too

I don't work Mondays- I work at SeaWorld, and work Saturdays, just to keep control of the MOBS of out of control people... the employees, not the tourists

most people don't ride Mondays... I have never had a head on at Corral or Lark on a Monday, but have on weekends

I don't seem to have any discussions with Law Enforcement on weekdays... not that I would ever do anything wrong, but they seem to be out en masse on weekends.

traffic is non-existent during the week from my house East

was that more than you wanted to know?

I've got some kind of trip that's supposed to come to an end on Monday, but I'll be in too late to make it on this ride. I'll have the following Monday off so maybe we can do something then?

I'll probably be able to go Monday the 3rd, I WON'T be able to go on the 10th. If that makes any difference to anyone.

fn

I've got some kind of trip that's supposed to come to an end on Monday, but I'll be in too late to make it on this ride. I'll have the following Monday off so maybe we can do something then?

Yeah, you’re probably out boating again. Gee don’t you ever work, seems like all you ever do these last few months is go “boating” or visit foreign lands. You totally ignore us. You haven’t been on a ride once with us because you’re too busy with your “yacht club” friends. :blink:

It will be good to have you back Chief. :D

I think if you are a newb, but have an aggressive riding style, you will be fine... limp-wristed approaches are not the best way to attack this kind of landscape...

without sounding like a pansie... should stop typing now... can't...

what will this ride entail? Pucker factor of? I've ridden the other side of the road at McCain, really rocky, lots of single track. I'm assuming it's similar, didn't have any problem. I just don't want to be the new guy and the slow guy. How tolerant will the group be for a medium paced rider?

OK- I am going to link all of my replies in to one post... figure out which pertains to you

Thurston Howell III- when you are done with your silly little overseas jaunt with all of your snobbish jet set friends, we can definitely go for a ride...

Red- I didn't see any signs on "that" side precluding red sticker bikes... I saw very few signs at all... Brad or Mimi will know :blink:

we're ON for the 3rd... details as we get a little closer

it will be a patient group... it is really not that hard, per se, and the pucker factor wasn't bad... no real real cliffs, no insane gradients, etc. We'll only go as fast as the slowest guy; SOMEBODY will be the slowest guy, and SOMEBODY will be the fastest... no worries... IF the ride starts making you nervous while we're on it, say something right away, so we don't waste time backtracking, or worse... like I said... an aggressive wrist will get you through all this stuff no problem... it is not technical... just a little loose at times, sandy at times, and rocky all the time

24 hour flus are not uncommon this time of year; of course, if you are the VP of a company, and your SO is the President, that may not work so well

Red- I didn't see any signs on "that" side precluding red sticker bikes... I saw very few signs at all... Brad or Mimi will know :blink:

I did a ride out at In Ko Pa last October on the EXC250. Even snuck down a little stretch of deserted blacktop. :D

If you show up on an unplated bike and need to cross a "plated area" know that we'd put you in the middle between two plated bikes to give you the best chance of "passing".

One step closer to going Monday- scheduled a Monday-wanting client over to Tuesday....

fn

PS: But if you're super-fast on your two-stroke moped, know also that you'll collect the sneers of the jealous and small-minded ; )