I've seen Monday referred to as the 25th a couple of times now... <_<

FN and BS will be riding Jacumba... early, so Paul can get back in time to get his quiche out of the oven, and I can have my pedicure done.

So- early in/early out... anybody know of any maps for the area, or GPS tracks that Paul can download?

I've been out there a few times, but always following others around... too closely :lol:

Brad/Alex/Chris- whatcha got?

And others are welcome- not just begging for GPS tracks (but they would be appreciated). As all BS FN rides, it will be moderate to advanced paced- I'm the moderate, BS is advanced. But we don't stop often.

Quiche? Nah.

fn

my manners!

Shame on me... Of course others are welcome... KIP; I know you posted a ride, but if you don't end up doing that, join us...

I call it a moderate pace... fast enough to have fun, but not fast enough to crash...

No GPS tracks? Really? Should Slut and I wander the east in search of trails of enforcement, which comes first?

I'm breaking out the maps right now; might not have time to find much... just got back from camping, and have a gig tonight.

we'll explore; in particular, I'm looking for the old stagecoach trail, and the Carrizo overlook.

leaving Alpine at 6, so we'll be the 45 minutes or so later.

lurkers and others welcome

As all BS FN rides, it will be moderate to advanced paced- I'm the moderate, BS is advanced.

Yea - I have Tried :D to keep up with BS Before. Have fun guys.

If I knew about this earlier I'd have joined you guys. I know Jacumba pretty well and the stagecoach route is on the B2R ride.

Next time

danggit...

get to work see a ride out there....

then an email telling me that my boss is out for the day :D

rats.

Blind :D guessing it's ok to have a job as it is....

Fun ride- we found the trail after some fun exploring.

Over Jacumba, Round Mountain?

jacumbasmall9019.jpg

And of course Slut has to mark his territory:

bobpsmall9021.jpg

My bike decided to take a quick nap. It is a hill, and the sun was beaming straight into my eyes:

bikenapsmall9023.jpg

I fell on the same hill

:D

we were riding this hill straight in to the sun; Paul was up front and we were really riding blind... I hit an invisible rock, and went of the trail just a bit, then stalled... as I radio'd Paul that I was down(well my bike was; I was standing there looking at it) and I hear Paul mention something about a chest protector; look up the hill at the dusty silhouette... he took a triple clamp to the sternum

we ended up doing the same route I did last time, but in reverse (the ride with RO, ste63, brad, tree, two wheels... am I forgetting anyone?)

Paul ran a good pace; no real crashes, no mechanicals, and got a good ride in...

next time, Jon, you can ride my brp...

Fakey, That landscape shot is sweet. Can I blow it up for my office? What's the raw format and image size?

Fakey, That landscape shot is sweet. Can I blow it up for my office? What's the raw format and image size?

Sent (email) you a link to Costco to order a print. It's about 12" @ 300ppi, so will likely print pretty well.

fn

Kool ride I like to try this one next time you guys go :D how many miles you go on this one?

I didnt check my odo, but I figure we started at 7, and were done at 10:30 or so... we averaged 47.5 mph including rest breaks or 65 or so not including rest breaks... so we did 1000 miles... or maybe 50... still not sure

shock- Paul is a professional photographer... its how he puts food on the table... its how he keeps a roof over his head... its how he buys all his cool toys... and you want to use his image?!?! I'm in shock and awe!

shock- Paul is a professional photographer... its how he puts food on the table... its how he keeps a roof over his head... its how he buys all his cool toys... and you want to use his image?!?! I'm in shock and awe!

And yet he still finds time to "put food on the table" by taking a picture of you tapping a kidney... :D

Kool ride I like to try this one next time you guys go :D how many miles you go on this one?

It was a short ride, only about 40 miles. But we really didn't know our way around, so we explored a bit. Couple tricky parts- I'd hate to take a stagecoach over that route!

fn

And yet he still finds time to "put food on the table" by taking a picture of you tapping a kidney... :D

I thought was the picture shock was asking about...

not sure if you guys found the trail that takes you to the gorge lookout or the one that goes down by the freeway and through the drainage hole to mountain spring. Briana and I and the other usual suspects went there Saturday. Had a great time. She liked it, we might go again next weekend. I can map all the stuff in google earth if you like.

Did you guys find the red hill??

2973667632_249a161092_b.jpg

2973661632_ba681e774a_b.jpg

2973680982_a4e4ebcf31_b.jpg

2973682184_79eebe9acf_b.jpg

Yup. I think the landscape image is on top of table mountain. I don't know what to tell you about the route we took/ Winded back into the hills north of 8, obviously a built-up route with rock walls, etc. We stopped at the springs, then scampered up a fairly long technical hill- lots 'o rocks n stuff.

fn

Yup. I think the landscape image is on top of table mountain. I don't know what to tell you about the route we took/ Winded back into the hills north of 8, obviously a built-up route with rock walls, etc. We stopped at the springs, then scampered up a fairly long technical hill- lots 'o rocks n stuff.

fn

at the bottom of the trail that goes down to the freeway you can go through the tunnel shown to the other side of I8 and down to devils canyon and drop out in ocotillo.

and I hear Paul mention something about a chest protector; look up the hill at the dusty silhouette... he took a triple clamp to the sternum

Let me reiterate about chest protector- ride with one. I'm kinda hurtin right now, but without the protector, it would be a very different story.

fn

at the bottom of the trail that goes down to the freeway you can go through the tunnel shown to the other side of I8 and down to devils canyon and drop out in ocotillo.

no- we didnt go there... like Paul said, we did lots of exploring... that's adventurespeak for getting lost and not caring.

we went "up" the stagecoach trail... "red hill" sounds like a good description of the mountaintop we were on; didnt see that hillclimb, but plenty of others.

once I start getting a better idea of the area, I can avoid certain areas and seek out new ones. the hillclimb that dropped both of us was one of the easier climbs of the day, but really... I couldn't see the trail at all because of the intense sunlight.. just an hour later wouldve made a huge difference.

thanks for pointing out that BRIANA did the same hill.

my hand is pretty sore... charging up a hill, I hit my knuckles on a sturdy branch... hurt pretty good; enough that I stopped halfway up the hill to check it out; no major swelling but it smarts!

heal up Paul

briana spectated at the red hill while the rest of us idiots destroyed our bikes and egos. The best spot to go is as far west as you can out to the view of corrizo gorge. You can see the phantom trail area and mccain on the opposite side of the gorge. You can see railway tunnels from the end of the road and find a mine shaft. I'll make a google earth deal and post it in the trails talk.