OK, I have been on a few rides over the last couple of weeks.

On October 12th, a couple of my girlfriends and I went to Ocotillo Wells.

Here is my first visit to Fish Creek. I didn't get very far before I had to go to reserve and get back to home base. Next time I want to find the end!

normal_P1000454.JPG

Here is my Canadian friend Kelle going up the big sand hill near devil's slide

normal_P1000433.JPG

The next day we decided on a dualsport ride from my house. This was the day it was SUPER windy! Like 50 mph gusts! Yikes. But, we braved the elements and started up Palomar mountain.

normal_P1000469.JPG

This is a view looking North and down from Palomar Mountain. In the center of this photo is my property and you might be able to make out the motocross track.

normal_P1000468.JPG

Here we are at the rock house

normal_P1000475.JPG

At the end of the trail. I like the no car sign in the background.

normal_P1000477.JPG

This past weekend, I hit up Palomar mountain again on a solo ride. This is an awesome view of a meadow on Palomar mountain

normal_P1000487.JPG

And here is looking down at Lake Henshaw, my destination for the day.

normal_P1000489.JPG

And here is a view from the Hideout. This guy is checking out Chief Gunner's bike. Behind his bike is my lonely white KTM. I was the only dirt biker there.

normal_P1000491.JPG

Nice to meet Shwinn and Chief Gunner and ??? (RSDwr maybe). It's too bad we couldn't talk and get to know each other better. The was no talking over the music. But, the band was really good I thought!

Hope to ride with some of you soon! <_<

Hi Christi, :D

I noticed the graphics on the ktm where did u get those, I have been looking at the new hard parts catalog and it shows similar graphics I like the white and there is a black or dark colored set, do you replace the fenders for that scheme? <_<

I noticed the graphics on the ktm where did u get those, I have been looking at the new hard parts catalog and it shows similar graphics I like the white and there is a black or dark colored set, do you replace the fenders for that scheme? <_<

I bought the graphics from North County Yamaha. They are NCY grahpics, not KTM. And I bought all new white plastics the day I bought my bike. I just had to be different.

Yeah, the KTM graphics are pretty similar. They would look great too. I just got my catalog too. :D

Wow I didnt know there was dirt on palomar mountain I have only driven up and down the twisty roads

Wow I didnt know there was dirt on palomar mountain I have only driven up and down the twisty roads

You have to be on the North face of the mountain for this ride.

It's pretty fun. I even saw a huge mule deer up there last weekend.

Years ago (80s and till early 90s) the whole road all the way across was dirt, but I guess they had so much trouble with repairing washout and other storm damage that they finally paved the south side stretch.

Great pics Christi. When are your jumping lessons? I was at Amago Motocross track this weekend and had a blast driving right through the mud. These kids flying all over the place do not know what they are missing. I cannot figure out why they drive around the mud. Well at least there was a five year old kid that liked to drive through the mud like me. Cute kid could jump too.

Nice to meet Shwinn and Chief Gunner and ??? (RSDwr maybe). It's too bad we couldn't talk and get to know each other better. The was no talking over the music. But, the band was really good I thought!

Yes, RSDWR & wife Laura. Agreed, loud but good. We left after the drunken Harley burnouts started (not long after you).

Ken

Great pics Christi. When are your jumping lessons? I was at Amago Motocross track this weekend and had a blast driving right through the mud. These kids flying all over the place do not know what they are missing. I cannot figure out why they drive around the mud. Well at least there was a five year old kid that liked to drive through the mud like me. Cute kid could jump too.

Mud at Amago? Seriously? Everytime I go there it's dusty and hardpark with large jagged rocks coming out!

I have to admit I am not a mud fan! I don't wash my bike enough already.

It's been a year since I have been there, but at that time the Vet track was kind of fun with several do-able tables and step ups. The main track is hit or miss I think. What did you think of it? Was there a nice flow to it?

I am no expert at jumping but I do like it. We should go out to Starwest sometime. Friday nights are only $15 and they are open until 10pm!

I am just waiting for the rain to come to my house. Then there will be an invite. There's only 3 tables and a double at my house between 45-63 feet.

I am posting some of my favorite jump photos in the photo section.

I noticed the graphics on the ktm where did u get those, I have been looking at the new hard parts catalog and it shows similar graphics I like the white and there is a black or dark colored set, do you replace the fenders for that scheme? :D

I bought the graphics from North County Yamaha. They are NCY grahpics, not KTM. And I bought all new white plastics the day I bought my bike. I just had to be different.

Yeah, the KTM graphics are pretty similar. They would look great too. I just got my catalog too. :D

I like the colors, but I see you didn't replace the side panels, are the sides not available or just to pricey

maybe we will see you on one the rides :(

I noticed the graphics on the ktm where did u get those, I have been looking at the new hard parts catalog and it shows similar graphics I like the white and there is a black or dark colored set, do you replace the fenders for that scheme? :D

I like the colors, but I see you didn't replace the side panels, are the sides not available or just to pricey

maybe we will see you on one the rides :(

That's all they had is shroud graphics. :D I would have liked to replace the airbox graphics since they are alaready peeling off!

post-5435-1224695936_thumb.jpg

Amago had lots of mud. They run a truck that sprays water during business hours. Lots of silty dirt sections too.

I loved all the tracks, but am easy to please. You probably already know not to wonder off the track because the natives get restless (literally).

Where/what is Starwest? I am game!

Amago Pics:

post-5435-1224695847_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1224695870_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1224695888_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1224695904_thumb.jpg[attachmentid=3120post-5435-1224695936_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1224695948_thumb.jpg

post-5435-1224695919_thumb.jpg

post-5435-1224695928_thumb.jpg

""Amago had lots of mud. They run a truck that sprays water during business hours. Lots of silty dirt sections too.

I loved all the tracks, but am easy to please. You probably already know not to wonder off the track because the natives get restless (literally).""

good stuff Shock!! glad to see some track riding to sharpen the edge,,, I like Amago, especially that Vet track ,,its like a good off road training/practice loop. Most of my regular crew don't like that place???? I am a fan of it, its simple and good. Enjoy the ride good report. Rob

check here for all the tracks info... http://www.proride.com/

Robertaccio, Just like skiing right? I remember your advice. Next you should give some jumping lessons at Amago. If Bikeslut comes, we will have a videographer for the tailgating/chase scene, and Fakename will bring the medical kit. Check out the mud pics!

post-5435-1224728718_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1224728740_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1224728765_thumb.jpgpost-5435-1224728787_thumb.jpg

GOT WOOD!!!! nice, pics

it's ok for SDAR this is on the TE450 DS bike

following Massimo on the 06 450EXC,,,,enduro bikes on the MX track!!!Yeah

my battery pack was going kaputt and the vid got really crackly near the second half

excuse me Christi this was your post,,,sorry to run away with it, I just realized where it started!!!R

excuse me Christi this was your post,,,sorry to run away with it, I just realized where it started!!!R

Hey, don't worry about it. The post goes where the post goes. Let it be free. :huh:

More Hidout Octoberfest Pics! Christy you left just after I arrived - did I scare you off?

My Red Vfr looked out of place too! Only bright red bike there. Black was the preferred color.

Gunner wanted the pink one.

Paulscamera017.jpg

Paulscamera016.jpg

Paulscamera015.jpg

Hey Paul,

I am sorry I forgot to mention that I had met you in this post.

Nah, you didn't scare me off. I was already leaving. I did kind of feel out of place. :lol:

Thanks for coming up and introducing yourself. Hopefully I will have another opportunity to get know you and the others better. :)

More Hidout Octoberfest Pics! Christy you left just after I arrived - did I scare you off?

My Red Vfr looked out of place too! Only bright red bike there. Black was the preferred color.

Paulscamera017.jpg

Paulscamera016.jpg

Paulscamera015.jpg

Hey thats my harley For Sale next to your VFR in the 1st picture, just take over payments, anyone.

Only so we could get a few pics of SCHWINN on it in his pink tutu <_<