Hey Tom, Maybe you could just tell your family you don't get home until Monday and that Jon needs to come over and borrow your bike and all of your gear for that weekend. Whattya think?

If that doesn't work out, I hope to do this ride at least 2 more times season. Then after that I might go in business and run it as a tour guide. Anyway, yeah I'll be going again. See ya soon.

So we got one for camping and one for hotel.

2 for this trip.

Anybody else?

I'm 50/50 at this point, and if I go, it'll be hotel.

Alex.

Im also on the fence, I cant say Im 50/50 with all the gay inuendos going on lately. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :lol:;) Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge, Know what I mean, Saaay No More ;)

Oh Yea. Put me down also for the Sally route. Hope the hotel has a jaccuzi for my sore butt, I havnt found a comfortable spot yet on the 690.

Im also on the fence,all gay lately. Not that there is anything wrong with that. ;);) Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge, Know what I mean, Saaay No More :lol:

Oh Yea the Sally route. Hope the hotel has a jaccuzi for my sore butt, I havnt found a comfortable spot yet.

Huffy what are you trying to say? ;);)

It looks like a good group going on the ride. I which I could make it, maybe next time. Please take a lot of pictures for us keyboard riders, (of the ride Schwinn, of the ride.) ;)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

This ride seems to be to, gay for me. We either all be sallies, or camp, why ride with people, to split up. I think I will save the hall pass, for an all killer Baja surf trip. :lol: Todos Santos, anyone.

post-465-1224306795_thumb.jpg

post-465-1224306851_thumb.jpg

This ride's open to everybody. Intermediate skill or better. Always has been. I can't find any reference to "gay" in any discription of the events. So where are you getting this from? If you want an alternative lifestyle ride check the Gay and Lesbian Times. A route toward Yuma will be planned for the benefit of all participants, present and future riders alike. So whatever your flavor is, straight or curvy, you are welcome on any pilot event.

This ride seems to be to, gay for me. We either all be sallies, or camp, why ride with people, to split up. I think I will save the hall pass, for an all killer Baja surf trip. :lol: Todos Santos, anyone.

You are right, after reading the discription of the ride it might be a little to hard core, Baja would be easier. Get to stay in resorts and all.

Jon, do you have any motel info for the first night? I will want to make a motel reservation for both nights soon. Any one out there have a motel suggestion for Yuma? :( Ken

I was just about to call you about reservations for the first stop El Centro. Before I call the Hotel how many riders are we going to have on this epic journey?

So far it's Joliet and I that are confirmed ins.

Anybody else up for an unbeleivably fun, 3 day, 450 mile ride through Southern California? Camping is now optional. Hotels are possible for every night.

I was just about to call you about reservations for the first stop El Centro. Before I call the Hotel how many riders are we going to have on this epic journey?

So far it's Joliet and I that are confirmed ins.

Anybody else up for an unbeleivably fun, 3 day, 450 mile ride through Southern California? Camping is now optional. Hotels are possible for every night.

Sounds great. Nothing I like better than something that is unbelievably fun, which is certainly better than anything I am doing right now. Guess I'll just have to enjoy the write up that follows. :huh:

This sounds GREAT- I'm up for the second (third) version. Thanks for planning.

Guest Wayne Baigent

Hey Guys (girls included)

Count me in. Im 80% on Friday and 90% sat and sun. I work for a defense contractor(Navy) and sometimes get shipped around the world at the last minute :lol: .Currently my schedual is looking pretty good. Anyway sounds like some serious riding to me :P and its about time I got the tent out.

Later Wayne

If you want to join us you're welcome to come along. Just read up a little on the first post about the great variations in terrain, the deep sand, the rocks, roads, and all of them together, fuel range of about 110 miles, and a fast pace to ride the 250 miles on day 3. The 120ish on day one and two are fast days as well.

As far as camping goes, I'd like to but I've already prepared to go this alone with Joliet and ride in to Yuma with him for a stay at a hotel. Call me what you will, I call it research.

I hope this doesn't change things, 3 was great for this ride, 4 would be perfect. So Digdug or papaalex you guys wanna join us?

Jon

Guest Wayne Baigent

Jon

I aint scared.

How the hell do I call Ya

Wayne

Good to hear! My info is in the Member Contacts forum, but the best way to get me this week is to send a PM with questions, I'll be flying and may not get a good chance to call you back.

Jon

One week to go! :ph34r: Sounds like it'll be 3 (me, joliet and Wayne) with a possible 4th who will confirm his intentions at the last minute.

Reservations are made at the Ramada in El Centro. I've looked at a list of hotels in Yuma but haven't made any calls yet.

Wayne, you're welcome to truck your bike to my place and park for the weekend or we can meet at the Silver Strand park on Friday morning.

Anybody else I missed that wants to go?

It's raining today, desert temps in the 80s this weekend, this is gonna be an awesome ride. I'm off to the motorcycle stores for supplies.

Anybody interested in being our lifeline and/or rescue truck for this weekend?

The perks will be a free tank of gas and lunch and beer (after we get back to SD) for your efforts.

Joliet will also want to set you up on his SPOT tracker so you'll recieve the info on where we are.

:D

Anybody interested in being our lifeline and/or rescue truck for this weekend?

The perks will be a free tank of gas and lunch and beer (after we get back to SD) for your efforts.

Joliet will also want to set you up on his SPOT tracker so you'll recieve the info on where we are.

:D

I'll be home this weekend.....you have my number.....

Thanks Kevin and you're right this is an adventure ride.

Craig,

While it may be possible to do the entire ride in two days, I think you'd be missing the very essence of what makes this ride so great. Enjoying the environment, bearing witness to your surroundings and taking in the experience of being there with good friends and making new friends along the way. That's an adventure ride.

From my notes it took us 8 hours to get to El Centro, and another 8 to get to the river. Now if you cut the photo stops, lunch breaks and picked up the pace a bit it could be done in 10-12 hours. But again, for me it's not how fast I can get there, but how much fun I can have while I get there. As you know I like to get there quickly, but I enjoy being on my way there just as much.

Ken and I will see what happens on this ride, I'll be on a better motosickle (thanks again Roger). Either way, we can see how it pans out and if sometime I feel up for a banzai run to AZ, I'll let you know.

Jon- Have a great ride- i wish I could pry myself away from things for that many days... haven't done something like that in 5 years. I think one of the best thing about taking MORE time is, you are taking MORE time...More time to appreciate your surroundings; more time to reflect; and more time NOT thinking about going back to work.

Take lots of pictures, and jot down notes for the narrative... no flats; no dislocations; etc.... or maybe you do. Either way, have a great time

Just got off the phone with Ken.....he has all my contact info and I have your cell #'s......I'll be around all weekend....hope I DO NOT hear from you :o (because that means all is well)

Have a blast, ride at whatever pace suits you, and take lots of notes/photos documenting the "Adventure".....