Sign in to follow this  
tlking6

Another Newb

Woo hooo! A dual sport site for local's! Only one problem,,, I dont have a plate on my bike. bummer!

My name is Tracy and I'm a long time dirt biker and am looking for my first dual sport bike. I looking at Huskys, Ka tooms, even some Japanese stuff and cant make up my mind. I'll picking up something soon and chiming in!

Welcome... we do some green sticker rides, especially once the desert season opens up... also, Baja is dirtbike friendly

Pine Valley, Corral Canyon and Lark are all green sticker routes, too...

so keep looking in to "Informal Rides" for those...

(some people may be doing Lark on Sunday)

Thanks! I love Baja. I try to do a trip a year. I'm also a Gorman singletrack (LPNF) junky as well. As for the local Dez I do several family trips a year but between you and I,,, If I never see pumpkin patch again I would'nt lose any sleep.

Thanks! I love Baja. I try to do a trip a year. I'm also a Gorman singletrack (LPNF) junky as well. As for the local Dez I do several family trips a year but between you and I,,, If I never see pumpkin patch again I would'nt lose any sleep.

between you and I... me either

but; between work, family, and music, i don't get much of a chance to do anything but local... I'll have to research Gorman... I like singletrack

I'll have to research Gorman... I like singletrack

Gorman is a pretty big OHV with the Los Padres National Forest (LPNF) right next door. Most research would only show the OHV. Alot of ya-hoo's from LA frequent the place and never even realize the best single track in So Cal is right there with trails starting at 3500' and topping out at 8000'. The trailheads are somewhat hidden and they have bars to keep the quads from attempting it and consequently rolling thier sleds down the mountian.

Once it cools down I'll post up an invite for a quided tour and we'll get some guys together for a day trip up there. If you leave early enough to beat traffic you can get to the trailhead in a little over 2 hours.

Here's a little teaser of what you can expect!

view.jpg

IN

+2

Might be time to break out the toyhauler again!!

Welcome to our group. Be sure to check out those Huskies! :D Like others have stated, we do dirt bike rides all over the place. So I am sure I'll see you on a ride soon. Red sticker season starts in October, so I will be dragging out the Kawasakis and the KTM pretty soon. :D

And I am pretty sure you would love a trip to Troy Meadows in Sequoia. It is single track heaven!

Welcome to the group.

I have been trying to get up to Gorman for the last few years but it hasn't worked out. Hope we get a group together to check it out.

Welcome to the asylum Tracy. Lots of different bikes and rides here. Ranges from tight single track to full out TAT adventure rides (and even some street only trips :lol: ). You will fit right in. B)

Welcome to the asylum Tracy. Lots of different bikes and rides here. Ranges from tight single track to full out TAT adventure rides (and even some street only trips :lol: ). You will fit right in. B)

Thanks Roger,

How do you like your Husky?

Thanks Roger,

How do you like your Husky?

I like the Husky a lot. It is a much better bike then I am a rider. It has allowed me to go places I should not have gone at my skill level. It is not the same as the TE 450 and TE 510. Completely different bikes there; they are dirt racers with a plate. The 610 is heavier and the only bike Husky has called a Dual-Sport. I think it can handle the street a bit better the other 2 bikes. I can maintain in the 70s on the freeway no problem and still do Kernan afterwards. Hopefully Hondapilot will be able to tell you more about it soon. He just needs to ride the one he has at his house. If all he is going to do is clean and fix it we will have to get him a Harley :ph34r: . (Start riding Jon!) :D

The TE 610 also has a different maintenance schedule. You don’t have to change the oil as often or adjust the valves as much.

The TE 610 also has a different maintenance schedule. You don’t have to change the oil as often or adjust the valves as much.

I have found a decent deal on a very clean, set up 06 in Idaho. 10 years ago I would of flown up there in a second and rode it back. Now??? ummm 900 miles on a 300lb dirtbike?

Welcome to the group.

This year I bought my first dualsport bike. I opted for the KTM because the Husky was so darned tall.

Looking forward to some rides in the next couple of months with everyone. :ph34r:

back to the.............

Howdy tlking6 & welcome to the fun,

seems as tho you were right in the fray straight away!! :)

good on you!

enjoy these people's info and, especially, their kindness....

they got a plethora of both!!!

enjoy, and welcome from a fellow(*although less ridewise i think) newbie!!!

Blind B)

back to the.............

Howdy tlking6 & welcome to the fun,

seems as tho you were right in the fray straight away!! :)

good on you!

enjoy these people's info and, especially, their kindness....

they got a plethora of both!!!

enjoy, and welcome from a fellow(*although less ridewise i think) newbie!!!

Blind B)

Find yourself a nice good old Honda XL

Don

I have found a decent deal on a very clean, set up 06 in Idaho. 10 years ago I would of flown up there in a second and rode it back. Now??? ummm 900 miles on a 300lb dirtbike?

Well it’s a good I’m such a nice guy and you are my new best friend. I might be able to be talked into flying up there and riding the bike back for you. All at your expense of course and after my toe heals some in a couple of weeks. Isn’t it nice to have such great friends? B)

Well it’s a good I’m such a nice guy and you are my new best friend. I might be able to be talked into flying up there and riding the bike back for you. All at your expense of course and after my toe heals some in a couple of weeks. Isn’t it nice to have such great friends? B)

How about you ride up there, I fly up there and meet you then we both ride back and take the scenic route! Over the mountians and throught the woods,,,,B (boise) to V to B to L to SD!

How about you ride up there, I fly up there and meet you then we both ride back and take the scenic route! Over the mountians and throught the woods,,,,B (boise) to V to B to L to SD!

He has your number Roger

I just rode the 620 about ~1300 miles to get back from DENVER.....If I can do it, anybody can do it.....the key is to break it up into a reasonable timeframe for your return......loose and limited mileage plan per day depending on whether you're off-road/on road.....high speed paved/dirt roads or technical trails......if you're not in a rush it could be a really fun "Adventure".....

I bet there are a lot of fun/creative dirt options between Boise and San Diego......here's an otption, fly me up there and I'll ride it back for you ;):D. I know,......I'm such a "giver" :lol:

I just rode the 620 about ~1300 miles to get back from DENVER.....If I can do it, anybody can do it.....the key is to break it up into a reasonable timeframe for your return......loose and limited mileage plan per day depending on whether you're off-road/on road.....high speed paved/dirt roads or technical trails......if you're not in a rush it could be a really fun "Adventure".....

I bet there are a lot of fun/creative dirt options between Boise and San Diego......here's an otption, fly me up there and I'll ride it back for you ;):D. I know,......I'm such a "giver" :lol:

You know... The other day I was talking to my brother-in-law about my 950. I was talking about maybe riding it up there to visit my dad. My sister was thinking I was crazy, but my brother-in-law said "You know, you can ride from Las Vegas almost all the way to Salt Lake City on 99% dirt roads". I didn't know that was possible...

Sounds like an adventure to research!!! LA-B-B-SLC!!!!

OR - do it in reverse on a new Husky!!!!

I bet there are a lot of fun/creative dirt options between Boise and San Diego......here's an otption, fly me up there and I'll ride it back for you :D:lol:. I know,......I'm such a "giver" ;)

See you now have two close friends willing to fly up and ride it back for you. I can only get 8 or 9 days off at a time. Not enough time to ride up…recover…and ride back. I think I might be unemployed come March however. Then I might have more time. So you have a couple of options; Fly one of us up and we will bring it back for you. Wait a few months and I will have more time. Or just go get it yourself and meet Dig Doug on the way back.

There you are, new to the site and already have bunches of people getting in line to help you out. ;)

I'm feeling the love and wondering what the heck I got myself into,,, all at the same time!

Have you guys met Balz over at the Husky dealer in Escondido? Yep, thats his name,, anyway,, I'm working him pretty hard on an 08 Demo that he's got in the back of his shop.

What do you guys think about the new FI? Something about a fuel pump on a dirt bike sorta seems strange to me.

Senor, you bike it no run? Wha happen eh?

Uh compadre, you know where I can get a fuel pump for my Husky?