All I can say is Cripes! Those guys needed to get onto our forum so they could get some firsthand information to keep them from getting themselves into big trouble. ;)

That looked like no fun at all (but admittedly more fun than the Phantom II ride fun....)

Hammer could have ridden up that 2-up ;)

with a surfboard and luggage.....

that guy posts his rides on another forum all th time. Some of the places they go are insane. I'll see if I can post some of his pics here.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hammer could have ridden up that 2-up ;)

On a Gold Wing!

Hammer could have ridden up that 2-up :(

On a Gold Wing!

with a trailer attached. ;)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I wish I could have been there. I would like to ride this place. I think there is alot of tougher stuff in the Erzburg Enduro. I think alot of those guys could ride out, easily.

Bike of choice would probably be a 250cc 2 stroke or 500cc 2 stroke.

Craig. ;)

I know dozens of guys there who could make it up that hill... they do it all the time with a keyboard... ;)

I know dozens of guys there who could make it up that hill... they do it all the time with a keyboard... ;)

Is a keyboard 4 stroke or 2 stroke? :(

I know dozens of guys there who could make it up that hill... they do it all the time with a keyboard... :(

Is a keyboard 4 stroke or 2 stroke? :D

It's air-cooled.... ;)

I don't know these guys, but if they couldn't ride out, I doubt many folks could. Heres a couple of their other rides:

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

but ya, I'm sure Hammer could have made it out.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Looks like some fun stuff to me. ;) I would like to ride that. I think Scott Seargent would like to ride this with me. Were is it.

You guys don't want to ride it, :unsure: Whats up. Lets do a SDAR ride there. Who, is in.

SDAR HARDCORE! NO FEAR!

What I'm not clear about on the first set of pictures... obviously they didn't run down the wall of the canyon; they came down the crux, right? Not sure why they didn't take the same way back up.

The pictures Spaugh posted look like fun; the one really rocky one, and the crevasse look like "obstacles" but not insurmountable...

The original posts, where they have two guys, tied up, and running down the hill to counterweight the bike... bikes just DON'T ride up that... I don't care WHO you are... but a CBR engine in an extended swingarm CRF with a paddle, and without a run-up; it'll just bury the back wheel, or hook up and flip you over.

Looks like some fun stuff to me. ;) I would like to ride that. I think Scott Seargent would like to ride this with me. Were is it.

You guys don't want to ride it, :unsure: Whats up. Lets do a SDAR ride there. Who, is in.

SDAR HARDCORE! NO FEAR!

I would like to check this area out too. Its supposed to be pretty far from here. North of LA somewhere in the middle of no where. A place called purgatory. Thats all I know. Here is the best clue I have as to where its at. I'm not sure this is the same spot, but I think its the same general area.

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

SDAR HARDCORE! NO FEAR!

I would like to check this area out too. Its supposed to be pretty far from here. North of LA somewhere in the middle of no where. A place called purgatory. Thats all I know. Here is the best clue I have as to where its at. I'm not sure this is the same spot, but I think its the same general area.

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

Ho-hum. I've ridden there. At least, at the Pinnacles- you see the area- the flat parts around the spikey things? Those places. It was on the route of the Barstow/Ridgecrest ride. It's also been featured in many films, like Return to the Planet Of the Apes.

If the area where those guys bikeslutted is near Trona, I can promise you it was HOT that day. Africa hot.

fn

and yes, I used bikeslutted as a verb. As in:

bikeslutted: Riding into an area of no return, sometimes requiring the use of a helicopter for egress

and yes, I used bikeslutted as a verb. As in:

bikeslutted: Riding into an area of no return, sometimes requiring the use of a helicopter for egress

I suppose someone could "Pyro" out to Trona only to wind up "Bikeslutted" :o:lol::D

I've ridden through the Pinnacles a couple of times on the Death Valley 350 rides......then you cut over to Trona for gas and ask yourself, "WTF are these people thinking living out here ;) .......wait a minute ;) ......this isn't a movie :unsure: ......this IS planet of the apes!!" :o:lol::lol:

I think we passed near there on our way to Troy Meadows last month. It all looks about the same out there....

I'd rather go the extra mileage and end up in the nice cool green mountains. :unsure:

I'm just glad that my misfortune can be the source of amusement to you guys...

No really; I'm glad just to be mentioned in the same sentence as pyro...

to add to the vernacular that is becoming SDAR

walkered- to have a body part facing the wrong way

hammered- to be rear ended

HaHahaa!LOL!!! :lol:

Best Laugh I've Had in A Month!!! ;)

I Should have waited to reset My Leg!! :unsure: Sandiegoland could have Photo'd it!! :lol:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

SDAR HARDCORE! NO FEAR!

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

I have ridden there, Its a great place, lots of rocks, yes its hot, great views. It was a long drive from here,(4 hours) Would love to ride this place, again with a small group of HARD CORE riders,ready for anything. Now that would be an awesome adventure, Man and machine against the not so deadly mountain.

Craig.

post-465-1219431864_thumb.jpg

post-465-1219431887_thumb.jpg

post-465-1219431973_thumb.jpg

post-465-1219432031_thumb.jpg

post-465-1219432068_thumb.jpg

post-465-1219432108_thumb.jpg

post-465-1219432149_thumb.jpg

post-465-1219432316_thumb.jpg

post-465-1219432339_thumb.jpg

post-465-1219432698_thumb.jpg

I did trona, we actually started in ridgecrest, gassed up in trona, rode to lone pine, next day up elavation to salt tram. Boat 440 put on the ride. I am up for this ride again aslong as I drive to lone pine this time, then unload the bikes. Myself, hammer, joilet, rexeverything, numbskull, steve, boat 440, papa alex to name a few had a great time.