Pictures on Tuesday- met fakey namey, port and TT dweller SDlineman (not signed up here, yet). First thing we noticed; we were all 30 min early and it was already hot...so we left very punctually- carguy had shown up and was having intermittent issues with the BRP-

Jeff and Mimi pulled up, so we knew he wouldn't be stranded...SDLman has a nice green sticker WR, and has recently joined the civilized world from the quadtard nation...he did great; end part one (crackberry limits)

We drew straws and decided I would run lead...first time I got air I heard a clang when I landed...that's odd! Oh my ride iron I had zipped to the subframe came off...and...my bike is really easy to flatfoot now...iron had jammed into the compressed rear shock and wouldn't budge...since my buddies were all very concerned for my welfare...they kept going...I finally freed it up, and did my best to catch up...next...port has a screw loose

For the first time today, we pulled ports tools, and did our best to secure his footpeg...with the vast amount of mechanical skills we collectively possessed we decided to make a permanent fix...duct tape... :-)

Self professed newbie port was doing great on the KLR and lineman was having no issues, so we went to do kernan...they both did great again, and nobdy bit the dust...yet

I haven't mentioned paul yet...because he was right there with me, and his mighty frankenbill had no issues...

Now to kernan- here it all started to unravel...I ran point up to four corners, and positioned myself for some great action shots...and waited...and waited...and waited...hhmmm- looks like I'm going on a search and rescue mission...about halfway down I pass lineman- paul had turned around to help port... Kept going on saw paul going the other way...like kernan isn't just begging for head-ons daily, we are riding it back and forth looking for each other- port had some issues with kernan...more later

Ahhh.. now I see how bikeslut got 1286 posts!!!

He just makes them all short...

Ahhh.. now I see how bikeslut got 1286 posts!!!

He just makes them all short...

[/quot

Yeah?! Well mine were longer than yours!

Actually, the blackberry has a limit on post length...and the majority of my posts are from an actual computer...

The REAL way I have so many posts is "I post even when I really have nothing important to say"

[/quote bikeslut; The REAL way I have so many posts is "I post even when I really have nothing important to say"

:ph34r: Sorry I missed you guys, I was gonna show up and had talked to carguy yesterday afternoon, but the Mrs. wanted to go for a breakfast run up to Alpine on the other bike this morning. Besides that I had my CDI dropped off at carguy's to help him find out what was going on with his pig and I had no way to get up there, unless I pushed the pig there :ph34r: .

I gotta check out craigslist & get me a trailer again :o

Sounds like there was some tough luck with the bikes, hopefully everything worked out.

Looking forward to the pics!

Anybody happen to catch a picture of the white and green Cessna that was circling low and slow over Corral Canyon ?

We drew straws and decided I would run lead...first time I got air I heard a clang when I landed...that's odd! Oh my ride iron I had zipped to the subframe came off...and...my bike is really easy to flatfoot now...iron had jammed into the compressed rear shock and wouldn't budge...since my buddies were all very concerned for my welfare...they kept going...I finally freed it up, and did my best to catch up...next...port has a screw loose

I always knew I had a screw loose. :ph34r:

Anybody happen to catch a picture of the white and green Cessna that was circling low and slow over Corral Canyon ?

ahhh- negative, Ghostrider, the pattern was full.

I had no visual contact...

fn

We saw a small plane when the happy-go-lucky group was going down Espinoza trail around midday. We wondered if it was Hondapilot in the Cessna. He didn't wave, so we don't know.... :ph34r::ph34r:

The Second Group,

326878505_tHvFC-M.jpg

What can I say but, "What a nice group of people." (It is OK, I won't let the secret out) Thanks for welcoming me and my Beast along for the ride.

You know, these rides are NOT as easy as they look online! Hard Duty today, but big fun. You folks are quite skilled. It is great to see it up close.

For the first time today, we pulled ports tools, and did our best to secure his footpeg...with the vast amount of mechanical skills we collectively possessed we decided to make a permanent fix...duct tape... :-)

Self professed newbie port was doing great on the KLR and lineman was having no issues, so we went to do kernan...they both did great again, and nobdy bit the dust...yet

I haven't mentioned paul yet...because he was right there with me, and his mighty frankenbill had no issues...

The second bolt to my left foot peg fell out and peg was dangling. Was barely able to maneuver to the next stopping point where I saw bikeslut Bob, lineman Paul and fakey namey waitng for me. The bolt I had was too short so we duct taped it in and tightened up on the other bolt. The duct tape is still holding and foot peg is fine. ;) Bob gave me and fakey namney some instructions about how not to use the front brake through Kernan. Bikeslut followed me and shouted out instructions. stand up!!!.....slow down.... I made it without falling. :ph34r: Now the next section was a different story. Since everyone thought I had my act together which of course I didn't, I trailed. Came to a fairly steep section and forgot I needed to use the clutch. Stranded on the hill a couple of 4-wheelers came by and helped me get bike down the hill. By this time I'm exhaused and decided to go back. Lineman Paul came back and helped me and showed me a good way to pick up a heavy bike. Lean down with your back facing the bike and lift. It works great. :o I then back tracked and found Jeff, Mimi, Randy and others resting at the end of Kernan. They invited me to go with them but I decided to go on to four corners by road because I was still exhausted. Met up with Bob, Paul and fake namey again at 4 corners. Attempted another dirt ride with bikeslut but fell again due to just being too tired. Bikelsut said I used my front brake which I probably did. Decided to head back, but first I wanted to go the the tower atop the hill from 4 corners. Drove up to the tower and Norman who works there invited me up to the tower. What a view!!!! :ph34r: His job is to look for fires and illegals crossing the border. He offered me a cold water. Then I saw Bob, Paul and fakey namey come up also. Paul and fakey namey climbed the tower but Bob rested below. The trip down Paul and Bob were racing without the engine being on. That was the only time the whole day I could pass them, :o I had a great time and learned a lot. I'll be back. :o

post-4447-1215394866_thumb.jpg

post-4447-1215394887_thumb.jpg

post-4447-1215394685_thumb.jpg

post-4447-1215394760_thumb.jpg

post-4447-1215394780_thumb.jpg

post-4447-1215394780_thumb.jpg

post-4447-1215394809_thumb.jpg

I did a bunch of riding after leaving DirtDame and RoostingU.......I just got home about 6:30pm......oh, only about 11 hours riding :ph34r: Will try to post pix tonight......I'm a little beat, muscling the big pig around in the heat and exploring special places :ph34r:

Just to clarify:

Fake Name = Paul (that's me).

LinemanSD = Jeff, who slut brought from ThumperTalk, and will be registering soon here. Great guy, despite having a quad background. <_<

I'll post pictures tomorrow- the rest of the day consisted of running trails 1,2 and 6, spur Meadow, and as port said...

We all were getting ready to run down from los pinos, and some quads (in quad tard equipment...tennis shoes and shorts...jeez) started the road right ahead of us (picture tomorrow) we all coasted down, while paul and I practiced our bunny hops over the water bars...port took the road down, and the other 3 took kernan...stopped and chatted with Brad on the way down,,,

Gave Briana and alex a whistle as I passed (thanks guys) and waited for everybody at the bottom...got the obligatory pics of the whole gang riding by the club sign on kernan...

I borrowed ports tools to fix some problems...thanks again for the positive feedback Paul...after all the ribbing you gave me all day, you KNOW I HAVE to post your beefcake pose, right?

Nice to ride with all of you again...port; next time, I'll bring the TW and you can see how you like it...and a pair of goggles, too.

you KNOW I HAVE to post your beefcake pose, right?

[use travis bickle's voice]

You typin ta me? You really want to start a photo war? Because you, my friend, are an unarmed man when it comes to photography.

Don't start with me, you, you- Slut!

[end travis bickle voice]

fn

you KNOW I HAVE to post your beefcake pose, right?

[use travis bickle's voice]

You typin ta me? You really want to start a photo war? Because you, my friend, are an unarmed man when it comes to photography.

Don't start with me, you, you- Slut!

[end travis bickle voice]

fn

Au contraire mon fraire... or however that goes... YOU are the one that is unarmed... I was the one that brought the camera... now, as far as F stops, shutter speeds and light meters, I may not know pollo from a hammer, but I DO know enough to BRING one! So; as long as you go strutting around half dressed, the "armed" man is "THE" man... take THAT foto-boy!

Great riding with you again Paul; and your biting sarcasm reminds me of somebody VERY likeable... Oh ... I know! ME! You rock dude

LinemanSD = Jeff, who slut brought from ThumperTalk, and will be registering soon here. Great guy, despite having a quad background. :ph34r:

Thanks Fake Name, I think. :lol:

That was a great ride. I'm not sure when i can make the next one, but hopefully soon.

Port- first things first

post-122-1215569930_thumb.jpg

My EYES!

post-122-1215570073_thumb.jpg

Sdlineman patiently waiting

post-122-1215570002_thumb.jpg

No plate! No desert dash for YOU!

post-122-1215570048_thumb.jpg

guys? where'd everyone go?

post-122-1215570137_thumb.jpg

Like a bad penny_ port keeps popping up

post-122-1215570110_thumb.jpg

no engine, and we still catch them three times, while digging for my camera and taking the picture!

post-122-1215570205_thumb.jpg

Alex

post-122-1215570155_thumb.jpg

Brad and Briana

post-122-1215570175_thumb.jpg

Sdlineman Jeff

post-122-1215570238_thumb.jpg