Just a headsup because that’s really a plan changer, and a bummer: trail between ojos and uruapan is now completely off limits. Plan accordingly.

Personal experience:
it has been on and off with new gates and ranchers allowing access for the past couple years, but this past weekend it’s all solid locked. Had a good chat (I’m fluent) with the first rancher just south of ojos. This guy is ok and has been letting us through (he just dislikes sxs and yahoos) but the issue is further south. A new association (the whole ejido came together apparently) built new big gates at the bottle neck down the canyon, locked and no access granted. He explained this new coalition is dead set on not allowing access to everyday sport riders. Infamous hector is involved, money, politics.. whatever the case the trail is done for and that’s shitty news

IMG_0080.jpeg

On 5/9/2023 at 7:35 AM, kato said:

Just a headsup because that’s really a plan changer, and a bummer: trail between ojos and uruapan is now completely off limits. Plan accordingly.

Personal experience:
it has been on and off with new gates and ranchers allowing access for the past couple years, but this past weekend it’s all solid locked. Had a good chat (I’m fluent) with the first rancher just south of ojos. This guy is ok and has been letting us through (he just dislikes sxs and yahoos) but the issue is further south. A new association (the whole ejido came together apparently) built new big gates at the bottle neck down the canyon, locked and no access granted. He explained this new coalition is dead set on not allowing access to everyday sport riders. Infamous hector is involved, money, politics.. whatever the case the trail is done for and that’s shitty news

IMG_0080.jpeg

Shitty

But, I’d poop THERE ^ anytime. @mufflerbearings posted the news on ADV

6 minutes ago, kkug said:

Thanks for the infro . 

Sad. It’s not the same as when you first started going down. (Still awesome tho!)

Where and what have you been riding @kkug ?!  Can you attend the First Aid Presentation on May 31? It would be great to see you and @Covered in Dust

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 10:17 AM, Goofy Footer said:

Sad. It’s not the same as when you first started going down. (Still awesome tho!)

Where and what have you been riding @kkug ?!  Can you attend the First Aid Presentation on May 31? It would be great to see you and @Covered in Dust

I have been riding my Bicycle . 500 + miles last month and 215 in the last few days . I see a lot of KTM adventure bikes --they are everywhere .  I can,t make it to the class got surgery the next day so got to chill out . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kkug said:

I have been riding my Bicycle . 500 + miles last month and 215 in the last few days . I see a lot of KTM adventure bikes --they are everywhere .  I can,t make it to the class got surgery the next day so got to chill out . 

Holy smokes that’s awesome @kkug !

Can you share any pictures of your rides? Where have you been going?

ps @Covered in Dust and @Cosmo the world needs more KOOG Stickers