Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Pix and report from CC volunteer day 11/06/21

So....it looks like it was a successful event.  Special thanks to San Diego 4 Wheeler club for setting up the sign in  area and having all kinds of drinks and snacks on hand.  There was a large turnout of 4X4s for the event....not so much 2 wheelers.  I found Alan already unloaded and getting ready to ride when I rolled in.  There were a few other motorcyclists milling around....not sure how many of them signed up to help out.  We saw two other riders signed up and they had written in SDAR where the phone # was supposed to go.  We did not see  them out on the trail, so we don't know where  they ended up.  If they are reading this, maybe  they can chime in with the details of their cleanup efforts. 

Alan and I decided that we would tackle trail #4.  We snipped and sawed from one end to the other over the course of the event.  Because of the drought conditions over the past few years, there was less overgrowth than in previous times that I have participated in the trail maintenance days, so we mostly did a lot of light trimming.

The day's event wrapped up on time, and Alan decided to do a bit of trail riding afterwards.  I felt kind of tired, so I headed for home.  Also saw a riding buddy who I used to work with, and chatted with Ed Stovin, who had come up without his 501, and was doing some mountain bike pedaling instead.  All in all, it was a good day.

IMG_0389.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0388.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0387.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0386.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

IMG_0391.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

IMG_0394.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0393.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
IMG_0392.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

51660071133_ccf42eaf28_o.jpg?width=1920&
51660069968_3a43cdf8cc_o.jpg?width=1920&
51659033622_3b6f44e84c_o.jpg?width=1920&

IMG_0395.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

• Like 2

Nice. Wish I could have contributed.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zubb said:

Nice. Wish I could have contributed.  

Yeah, it would have been nice if a few more had helped............

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mctrails said:

Yeah, it would have been nice if a few more had helped............

We used to have quite the crew...back  in the day, didn't we?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirt dame said:

I was at the Baja hard Enduro otherwise would have been there. Put in about 4 hrs couple months ago on ranger doing some light pruning work and rock moving

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dirt dame said:

Yes we did.

• Like 2

I heard about a couple of old riders who took too long to get their bikes ready, and their gear ready, and their trimming tools ready, but did eventually arrive ready to work.  They may have thought that by putting SDAR on the volunteer sign-in page that the club might earn some sort of credit for their volunteer work. They knew that Greenhorn needed some work, but didn't know it was trail #4.  They trimmed for about an hour, but some incredible efforts were already done at that trail by someone on a colorful Beta and/or a KTM painted in a shrubbery disguise (but they still did a bit more there). They helped mtn bikers navigate the route while they trimmed.  They were considering options to reduce the depth of the ruts on the trail, but decided a beer would be a better option since they only had shrubbery trimming tools. One fashion minded numb nut had KTM matching tools in orange, while the other was talented enough to trim one side of trail with one hand as the other hand trimmed the other side.   Their late arrival was also because once they did get to the trimming, they had already circumnavigated the perimeter loop. The rangers were nice and it was a nice day on the trail. 

image0.jpeg.f8108bdfec9b657ee13d9d588eb63bef.jpeg

image2.jpeg.684d7778f12aae56e116d4e828ffdc4b.jpeg

Cheers. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for chiming in with your report.  I guess between the two groups, we showed trail 4 that our efforts were not to be trifled with.😎

• Like 1