Ptkatoomer

San Diego SX......does anybody know?

With the lime-gate fiasco last year, are they re-using the same dirt from last time? I hear they store it somewhere and keep bringing it out. Does lime break down over time and lose the caustic properties?

I forgot about that.  I’m thinking the issue was the lime in the water/mud.  Who’s our soil expert here??

The only lime I may (or may not) be an expert about is the lime in my Negro Modelo :)

• Haha 1

The dirt itself was fine. They ADDED the lime to the soil to "help" dry out the soil due to the rains. Of course it turned into a disaster so I HIGHLY doubt they would do that again. Not to mention, it doesn't look likes it's going rain this year.

On 2/4/2020 at 2:58 PM, tntmo said:

I forgot about that.  I’m thinking the issue was the lime in the water/mud.  Who’s our soil expert here??

Well I have taken enough soil samples, I should be an expert.  The lime was added because of the heavy rain to help the dirt stay in its shape.  No rain expected, so I would imaging no significant amount of lime will be added

Guess I was thinking that if they are reusing the stored dirt from last year, wouldn't it still have the lime in it, and could that become a problem if it gets wet......

I’m guessing they use the same dirt from Monster Jam last week end which they’re doing again next weekend. 
But that might make to much sense. 

D50D1C3B-C735-4184-B45C-F914B9368D14.jpeg

26CE5F0C-90B2-42E6-8049-3DBFA144D00B.jpeg

43DD0C93-EF15-4C61-A3A5-0F4ED3B7E188.jpeg

BFFACB1E-F95D-42BC-B0BA-8C1FD7A63EEA.jpeg

2CB98D59-110F-4DB3-92B2-D54E0E69D00D.jpeg

C5FD95AF-89CB-497D-87F9-0E39073CC9F0.jpeg

• Like 1