Hi there! Just joined up and looking forward to meeting with other riders, maybe even as soon as tomorrow at the club meeting (great timing). My name is Jonathon but I go by JJ. I live in Escondido and just bought and built up a DRZ400s. Been having soo much fun on it with little trails here and there. Used to be a desert rat with the family with quads and jeeps in Ocotillo Wells, but new to dirt on two wheels. Desert Dash I'm looking at you!

And to the fellers daytrippin in Ensenada.... how much would you charge to let me tag along on your next trip? This is re-igniting memories of fishing trips to San Quintin village!

Also enjoy riding street as well, HD Street Glide and ZZR1200 (new to sport bikes also). Other interests include but are not limited to: Hunting, fishing, prospecting, hiking, camping, shooting, and almost anything else outside. Can get along with pretty much anyone but warning.... I can be one sarcastic prick!

Hope to see you all on the trail soon!

A guy with many interests, you’re going to fit in well here.  Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.

Prospecting huh?  I ride/hike to our local gold mines but so far I've only taken pics.  I'll post up next time if Pine Valley isn't far to drive/ride.

Prospecting is another old obsession of mine. Ultimate goal for my bike is to get it ready for at least 3 days in the mountains including some light prospecting gear. I'm hoping the bike will help me get to places others don't want to lug gear up to (or at least closer). It never really pays for itself but it's always fun looking for it. Also belong to a prospecting club with private claims but it's hard to find places with water unless during the wet months. Just brings another aspect to camping I enjoy. Plus it's always fun to see someone find their first color or pickers, usually all it takes to get hooked lol.

If you want to know more there's two people I like to follow/watch.

-AskJeffWilliams  He's pretty much insane and most likely my spirit animal in human form but the amount of knowledge in geology and mining techniques is amazing and scary! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6MNcA06kJc

-HowToDrillAWell  A little more folksy and homely but very realistic and honest about the search and techniques required. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyYjFDAwor4&t=1s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nubanator said:

This is re-igniting memories of fishing trips to San Quintin village!

Can get along with pretty much anyone but warning.... I can be one sarcastic prick!

Sounds like a Moto / Fish trip to SQ should hit the radar soon..

Welcome to the club - see you on the trail 

Welcome fellow rider / fisherman. 

Ill be in SQ in a few weeks on a ride. 

Ill get tracks to do it again. 

Totally down for a fishing and riding trip later on. 

Tech day today in Escondido look in the upcoming meeting forum for details come

on down