Jump to content
San Diego Adventure Riders
Uncle Champ

Bought radios

Recommended Posts

Ok I have two new radios (Baofang?)and the radio wire kits from Rugged radios. Now to figure it all out .

Any hot tips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure!

Use the RR video to install in the helmets. It's not terribly complicated. Did the radios come from RR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Different people use different methods for strain relief on the helmet. This is the correct way and only the cool guys do this- that's a piece of large vacuum tubing slit down one edge.

IMG_1418.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I was advised to not buy the rugged radios, due to programming hassles.

I like that mount though , good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Uncle Champ said:

No I was advised to not buy the rugged radios, due to programming hassles.

I like that mount though , good idea.

You were well advised. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Different people use different methods for strain relief on the helmet. This is the correct way and only the cool guys do this- that's a piece of large vacuum tubing slit down one edge.

IMG_1418.jpeg

I am a nerd and used to do it the cool way . Now I have the cord droping down the side of my Helmet and never going back.  I don,t have any problems at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kkug said:

I am a nerd and used to do it the cool way . Now I have the cord droping down the side of my Helmet and never going back.  I don,t have any problems at all. 

Never been able to make that work- when I fall, it yanks the neatly-tucked wires out of the helmet.
And this setup allows for single-handed connection/disconnections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikey777 said:

Paul:  Where did you get the helmet attachment thingys?

I've seen them at Home Depot...maybe the electrical connections isle???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used one of those electrical thingys to connect the mike boom inside the helmet too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And this worked well, except you have to remove backpack to turn on and off. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×