SoCalMule

Found a .5" scratch on axle

Today I was inspecting my 2007 KTM 450 EXC axle after replacing the rear tire and found a fingernail catching 1/2" scratch 3" in from the right end. It seems like a small grain of sand that I found while wiping the grease off may have been the culprit. I ordered a new axle and nut, but want to ride in the interim.

Does anyone with experience feel that I should wait till the replacement axle arrives? 

Signed, impatient 

Doesn't sound like something that I'd be concerned about. But post a pic and we can go from there.

Blend it in with some sandpaper, run it for the rest of your life.

12 hours ago, Oracle said:

Doesn't sound like something that I'd be concerned about. But post a pic and we can go from there.

Thank you! Sounds by everyone that has posted that I can "stand down" from worrying about this issue. I will sand down the blemish and call it good. I appreciate all who advised me on this!

X4 my 2011 husaberg 570 same as ktm wheels had a deep scratch when i bought it. Blended the scratch was doing wheel bearings when i noticed and been 2500miles since looks great

2 hours ago, Bp619 said:

X4 my 2011 husaberg 570 same as ktm wheels had a deep scratch when i bought it. Blended the scratch was doing wheel bearings when i noticed and been 2500miles since looks great

Excellent, thank you!