Dan Diego

Thoughts on knee scooters?

3 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

Love what your friends have said about your surgery on Facebook. 

CiD

"Friends." ?

OK, a week out of surgery. Yeah, going stir crazy at home. Pain remains in the 4-5 area. I try to stick to a med schedule but it's tough. If I'm doing OK, I forget to take pain meds...then it's a bear to catch up. Sleep has been tough..mainly discomfort. 

Took a spill last night. Trying to walk/crutch around while talking on my cell and big boy went boom.  Slow motion tumble. Hope I didn't do any damage but I feel it today.

I've been thinking that I might not have been as prepared for this as I first thought. 90 days away from work and chained to a house, more or less, isn't as easy as I thought. But who's really prepared for something like this?

In related news, my friend Ben Sikora broke his ankle on the Reno-Vegas ride last week. So he's in the same boat. 

All the considerations put into the scooter search, but no thoughts of a hands free blue tooth for the phone?

4 hours ago, ADV Bum said:

All the considerations put into the scooter search, but no thoughts of a hands free blue tooth for the phone?

I scrolled through all of my old posts to confirm whether or not I was the brightest of the bunch.

It appears I do this kind of stuff all the time...

Just get some more vicos. I can get $25 a pop for them on the street. We'll go into business.

This isn't a sting, is it?

Besides, my great insurance plan charges me $30 a pop!

1 hour ago, Dan Diego said:

This isn't a sting, is it?

Besides, my great insurance plan charges me $30 a pop!

Damn, foiled again!

My new ride. Acceptable substitute transportation while I'm away from my KTM and Triumph for the next 3 months or so.

Took it out for a spin in the driveway this morning and so far, so good. Just needs a few mods and it'll be race ready. 

Notice the Kug, FMF and KTM Racing decals...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

Nice Dan, gotta get an orange lever now. 

? And a matching cast. I've been given grief for the Kawa colors (which I like).