Took a day trip down to Ramonas last Saturday with my brother and a couple of SDAR clowns (Ken S, Uncle Champ and jawhitmoyer).  We crossed the border at Tecate just before 8am and headed south out of town.  Weather wasn't bad at all for the first half of ride.  We hit some fun stuff on the way down to Ramonas and only got on Compadre for a few miles.  Once at Ramonas we gassed up, ate and had a couple of beers.

DSCN0181_zpsl06oqvmk.jpg

There was some dark, menacing clouds and lightning in the direction we were headed.

Clouds_zpscmgotsw3.png

jimcloud_zpsymr0xgkz.png

So we did what any self-respecting dirtbike rider would do and rode straight into the abyss....

lightning_zpsfkcqih2f.png

The rain starts at about 1:35 into the video, riding down into a canyon with rain, lightning and hail gave the ride a spooky feel to it.  We dried up by the time we reached RSV, where we had another cold beer and then headed back to the border.  We put in about 160 miles for the day.  Great ride with a great group of guys!

That looks like fun.  My trouble with rain is always the vision.  We need to invent something...

DD

That's hilarious starting the video with Unkle Kenny trying to start his bike and holding up traffic ! Lmao 

he was so nervous he started kicking it. (And its electric start) With People honking at him. oh that's a good one .

here is some more clowning around footage of Uncle Klowny this weekend.

Good stuff bummed i couldnt make it, looks like you guys had fun crazy about weather

Cool...I dig the lightning and thunder at about the 2:45 mark...

It was pretty crazy hearing the thunder and riiding on a ridge into a canyon knowing that all that water was flowing into that same canyon.

I cant find the pic that was taken at a break, one of you guys posted it, I am standing by my bike and the two KTMS are off to the left of the picture ,it was black and white. Thought that would look good on my office wall, tell me I wasn't hallucinating.

Thanks