Guest Hammerin Hammon

I do all the work, Post my rides, and 1 guy shows up

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Are you guys just here to plunk on your Computer. :D :D :D:(

Are you guys just here to plunk on your Computer. :D :D :D:(

Posting rides is definitely a hit and miss =)

Are you guys just here to plunk on your Computer. :D :D :(:P

Hammer I’d love to do this ride with you. Maybe with about five more years experience I could make the ride…no wait by that time I’ll be to old! :P Guess I’ll have to just plunk on my computer and enjoy your photographs. You are going to post photos, right? :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I am almost ready to leave for my ride. Its a good one and I am scared. :D Because I have been there before :(

OK- it's that time of the month again :(

Hammer- it seems like you post the ride, do a bunch of posturing about how tough/killer/gnarly it is, go on to other topics and post about how everyone sits around shooting the bull, and not riding. You read of people having a hard time on the drop off, write about slaloming around people as you go down it, and then post yourself riding UP it, and saying it's easy, then invite everybody to ride your "tough" course...

what do you really expect? All the people that rated themselves novice and less will be lining up to ride your all killer/no filler loop?

It's one of the reasons I suggested the "rate a trail" system, BY AUTHOR, not an overall rating... Just because it's easy for you, doesn't mean it's easy for me...

so, Craig... Don't take it personally; maybe people just don't want to be "that guy"

(see my sig line)

Hope you had a good ride!

mimi- you crack me up

so, Craig... Don't take it personally; maybe people just don't want to be "that guy"

I do. That's why I painstakingly photoshoped my jacket and helmet onto the photo of him riding up Heart Attack Hill for my office. :P

I need something to offset the one on the homepage... :P

The other point about Hammers ride post is that very often he posts a ride, gets people all interested in it and then right before the ride date, he cancels it to go on somebody elses ride or to go surfing. Makes it kind of hard for people to commit to something, if they think it's just going to disappear.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Gosh, LOOK what I started. Another pitch a BI__- Post OOOOOPS!!! :D:lol:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

OK- it's that time of the month again :lol:

Hammer- it seems like you post the ride, do a bunch of posturing about how tough/killer/gnarly it is, go on to other topics and post about how everyone sits around shooting the bull, and not riding. You read of people having a hard time on the drop off, write about slaloming around people as you go down it, and then post yourself riding UP it, and saying it's easy, then invite everybody to ride your "tough" course...

what do you really expect? All the people that rated themselves novice and less will be lining up to ride your all killer/no filler loop?

It's one of the reasons I suggested the "rate a trail" system, BY AUTHOR, not an overall rating... Just because it's easy for you, doesn't mean it's easy for me...

(see my sig line)

mimi- you crack me up

And I also posted NO WIMPS!!! :D:D:D:D Dont you want to climb this BROHAM.

post-465-1203202540_thumb.jpg

Gosh, LOOK what I started. Another pitch a BI__- Post OOOOOPS!!! :D:lol:

:D Well besides bein' a weiner, isn't that what you do best? :D:D:D:D

And I also posted NO WIMPS!!! :D:D:D:lol: Dont you want to climb this BROHAM.

Hammer I'll climb that no problem....in my jeep! :D:D

I was so wimpy, I flipped my jeep out there :D:D:D(not on the pictured hill)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Bring the jeep. I see lots of rock crawlers out there. They do some amazing things.

i noninate Hammerin Hammon for the massive enthusiam award.

i always read his posts, he is a true adventurer. i live vicariously through his adventures.

someday my bike will be together again. i look forward to riding with him

ive ridden with big mike, i got no complaints.

Are you guys just here to plunk on your Computer. :D :D :D:D

Yes that is what I am here to do. :lol:

I just "plunk" and live vicariously through the riders on this site remembering the good old days when I rode more than I wrote. :D:D

Someday I will show up for a "Let Hammer Roost You Ride" so that I can witness his legendary mad riding skills.

OK- it's that time of the month again :unsure:

(see my sig line)

mimi- you crack me up

And I also posted NO WIMPS!!! :D:D:lol::unsure: Dont you want to climb this BROHAM.

well, that hill looks ugly, but absolutely rideable... I'm glad I'm past the age where double dog dares work.

Here's the deal: I have little time to ride... 5 bands, 6 kids, and 1300 employees tend to take a lot of time, so I try to make the most of my riding time. If I want to bulldog my bike up some nasty hills, I have 4 acres with nasty hills, big boulders, and insane water crossings... I don't need to challenge myself so I can boast in meatspace...

Craig- everybody says you are a great guy, in person... on-line you come off a little differently

Guest Hammerin Hammon

(see my sig line)

mimi- you crack me up

And I also posted NO WIMPS!!! :D:D:lol::unsure: Dont you want to climb this BROHAM.

well, that hill looks ugly, but absolutely rideable... I'm glad I'm past the age where double dog dares work.

Here's the deal: I have little time to ride... 5 bands, 6 kids, and 1300 employees tend to take a lot of time, so I try to make the most of my riding time. If I want to bulldog my bike up some nasty hills, I have 4 acres with nasty hills, big boulders, and insane water crossings... I don't need to challenge myself so I can boast in meatspace...

Craig- everybody says you are a great guy, in person... on-line you come off a little differently

Honda Pilot and I rode up that hill on the last ride. :D

After climbing Heart Attack Hill I told people I had nothing left to do and that I was going to retire. I have now decided to retire after the Desert Dash. Its been fun.

Craig.

Well, that hill looks ugly, but absolutely rideable... I'm glad I'm past the age where double dog dares work.

Damn, and I thought 1.5 bands, no kids, a girlfriend, coaching lacrosse, 1 co-worker and a boss was bad...

I think I'll bitch less when I don't go riding, hehe. :unsure:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

(see my sig line)

mimi- you crack me up

I am very SORRY. I have read many of your posts, and asumed you were a good rider. I have never had the chance to ride with you though. You acted like you were interested in doing my ride before. I was seriouse when I posted that I would move my ride to Sunday so you could join us. I have posted that I would do this to acomidate you and others many times.

I have taken others on this ride, includeing Boat440. Read his Rider report, he did have a hard time, but I stayed with him and helped him. He posted that I was a good leader and that he enjoyed the ride.

You seem to be very buisy and claim you dont want to bull Dog your bike up a hill to boast about it in meatspace, but I see your rides and posts often in MEATSPACE!

Maybe it is just THAT TIME OF THE MONTH, Like you said.

Craig. :D

To be totally honest, I am probably more boastful in real life :unsure:

and, like I said, on-line personas are often different than real life...

Not sure why you would assume I'm a good rider, but, just to be clear... I don't have an issue with trying your ride; I'd probably enjoy riding with you just fine. I just don't get "no wimps" as if you're calling me out... If we knew each other, it might be different...

I "got your joke" about the dash, but it came off a little disrespectful. If you tried to put on an event of that level, you might respect it more... You get one guy to show up to your ride, and take it personally; how do you think you would feel if you planned out a ride, with accomodations, maps, roll charts,, permits, AMA input, etc., only to have somebody call you out for a Home Depot parking lot commando raid?

there are plenty of people on this board that bust my chops... it's all good... i've met them, given them a ride in the truck (ozzy), bought them lunch (RO and palm ave), rode their bike up a hill (gene), had them ride my bike up a hill (thanks SDL), watched them drop their bike for no reason (fakey namey), watch them drop their bike when I was the reason (dame), when I tried to keep up (motobro) and when I had to wait a while (no names here)... hondapilot, ste63, terrible619, tree, klroger all get honorable mentions... I'm sure there are more... edit * and Pyro, spaugh, KIP, alex, Paul*

The point is, translations get lost in meatspace, unless you know the person.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

To be totally honest, I am probably more boastful in real life :unsure:

and, like I said, on-line personas are often different than real life...

Not sure why you would assume I'm a good rider, but, just to be clear... I don't have an issue with trying your ride; I'd probably enjoy riding with you just fine. I just don't get "no wimps" as if you're calling me out... If we knew each other, it might be different...

I "got your joke" about the dash, but it came off a little disrespectful. If you tried to put on an event of that level, you might respect it more... You get one guy to show up to your ride, and take it personally; how do you think you would feel if you planned out a ride, with accomodations, maps, roll charts,, permits, AMA input, etc., only to have somebody call you out for a Home Depot parking lot commando raid?

there are plenty of people on this board that bust my chops... it's all good... i've met them, given them a ride in the truck (ozzy), bought them lunch (RO and palm ave), rode their bike up a hill (gene), had them ride my bike up a hill (thanks SDL), watched them drop their bike for no reason (fakey namey), watch them drop their bike when I was the reason (dame), when I tried to keep up (motobro) and when I had to wait a while (no names here)... hondapilot, ste63, terrible619, tree, klroger all get honorable mentions... I'm sure there are more...

The point is, translations get lost in meatspace, unless you know the person.

Well, What does it take to get you to show up to a ride. I have tried everything. Malcolm Smith, advertizes "no wimps" Worked for him. O.K I will charge you, and donate it all to the BLU RIBBON SOCIETY if that does it for you.

well- I listed 13 people I've gone on a ride with...

and left off a few I'm sure (sorry Brad)

so I guess what it takes to get me on a ride is: keep posting rides, and I'll join in on one that sounds like fun...

I've never ridden with Malcolm Smith, either, so the no wimps thing doesn't work