I am looking to do some exploring. Start early. Potrero area. Barrett  and Moreno lakes or nearby. I am not sure of the meet spot or route.Smaller bikes.I will post up more details in A day or so.

I'd be up for that, but you already knew that, right?  Will be looking for details about where and time.

Ok . Plates will be needed most likely. I am not sure if my riding buddy that is A little more  familiar with the area is going to be able to join. That being said I have been on some trails with him in this area and can possibly link some dirt trails together. I know there are some new gates /signs in the area. I have scouted some trailheads solo recently but did not go out  too  far out alone. I am not sure Of A good staging area but the 94 cafe is a good meet spot on the bikes. 

10 hours ago, crfxer said:

I'd be up for that, but you already knew that, right?  Will be looking for details about where and time.

Yep, I figured you would be up for some plated rides.. Hope this happens. I may modify the ride if I cannot put together trails I am sure are open. I have A friend that lives nearby and am waiting on some info from him.

Sounds interesting.  I will probably truck my bike somewhat closer, if I can find a good staging spot

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 5:04 PM, CVRick said:

I am looking to do some exploring. Start early. Potrero area. Barrett  and Moreno lakes or nearby. I am not sure of the meet spot or route.Smaller bikes.I will post up more details in A day or so.

So I do not have a metal skid plate yet.  It's ordered, I just have so the stock plastic one on my WR250R.  Is the terrain rough enough to be concerned.

Hi guys.  I am down.  What are you thinking for a time to meet at the 94 cafe?  Also, I should probably know better, but google maps does not really seem to know where or what cafe 94 is.  Can one of you give an address?  I plan on trucking down that direction since I am coming from Oceanside.  

--Ben

Sorry for late notice but this ride is postponed until  another weekend .  I am not able to come up with A  for sure good route and don't want to lead A ride that ends up at locked gates or dangerous conditions I may not be aware of.  [If I am aware of dangerous stuff I am happy to lead  riders / victims to them] . If anyone familiar with this area wants to lead I would  still join the ride. My intended start point was the  cafe 94 which  is in potrero. 25275 Potrero Valley road 91913. The trails I have been on start close by. I drove out in the area in my truck  A couple months ago with my friend who lives  nearby but I heard some gates may be locked  and I am not sure if I know other routes nearby. I will figure A way to confirm route and post up the ride again before it gets too hot.  

theres some nice exploring in that area . 

trying to get back to some plated riding .

before i joined sdar i used to end up over there alot and would come in from east of there or north of there.

some of the gates have spaces for mntbiking.

On June 13, 2016 at 7:23 AM, 350thumper said:

theres some nice exploring in that area . 

trying to get back to some plated riding .

before i joined sdar i used to end up over there alot and would come in from east of there or north of there.

some of the gates have spaces for mntbiking.

I think you should lead A ride out in these areas.

ok let me put the crank back in my engine then i will heard together all the misfit riders

Thumper needs a new Yamaha.

Work 1 more hour a week bro.

I know you rule is 1 hour per day but kick it up to 6 days.

you know I'm firm at 4 hours a week bro, ride or work-work or ride - work, ride  which one shud i do?

work on my own bike then go ride it. Yes! I found the answer.