Sign in to follow this  
StealthDingo

New to SDAR from OB

Hey guys. New to SDAR. Fairly new to riding.

I grew up here in San Diego (proud Ramona boy) until I was about 18 occasionally riding in Ocotillo and Borrego but did most of my riding on family trips to San Felipe. I was more into surfing than riding so I ended up moving to Hawaii after high school. I lived in HI for a few years and did a little trail riding there but again mainly surfing. Some family medical issues brought me back to SD and I will probably never leave again.

Now I am almost 30 and just sold my Zuma to buy a 2010 KLX250s. It has some upgrades : full FMF Q4 exhaust and header, ASV levers, short shifter, acerbis hand guards, renthal bars, nice rear rack with cargo bag and a fanny pack looking bag on the bars. There may be more internal upgrades but I am not sure. For a 250cc she is quicker than a fart in a skillet... I will say that!

Anyways, thats my story. Just wanted to say Hi. You guys seem great. I already ran into 2 members on a ride out to the desert and they were super friendly and very interested in my bike. Cant wait to meet more of you awesome people. Hit me up if you wanna ride! Preferably meet somewhere near the coast since that is my locale.

Welcome !

I hang out a lot in OB with my dog , our Mascot Doc Holliday.

Hope to meet u on a ride and/or in OB.

Doc Holliday eh?.. thats awesome! Is he your huckleberry? haha

Hope to meet and ride with you too. Im always itching to go for a cruise.

Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.

Welcome.

Hey guys. New to SDAR. Fairly new to riding.

I grew up here in San Diego (proud Ramona boy) until I was about 18 occasionally riding in Ocotillo and Borrego but did most of my riding on family trips to San Felipe. I was more into surfing than riding so I ended up moving to Hawaii after high school. I lived in HI for a few years and did a little trail riding there but again mainly surfing. Some family medical issues brought me back to SD and I will probably never leave again.

Now I am almost 30 and just sold my Zuma to buy a 2010 KLX250s. It has some upgrades : full FMF Q4 exhaust and header, ASV levers, short shifter, acerbis hand guards, renthal bars, nice rear rack with cargo bag and a fanny pack looking bag on the bars. There may be more internal upgrades but I am not sure. For a 250cc she is quicker than a fart in a skillet... I will say that!

Anyways, thats my story. Just wanted to say Hi. You guys seem great. I already ran into 2 members on a ride out to the desert and they were super friendly and very interested in my bike. Cant wait to meet more of you awesome people. Hit me up if you wanna ride! Preferably meet somewhere near the coast since that is my locale.

Welcome! I am also new the forum and live in PB. Being able to ride to surf spots and not worry about parking is incredible. Lets ride sometime.

Welcome! I am also new the forum and live in PB. Being able to ride to surf spots and not worry about parking is incredible. Lets ride sometime.

SDDiver - did you put a surf rack on your bike? Im looking at the CSR moped rack from Carver. I think it will mount nicely to my rear rack but havent purchased yet so wondering what you use... if anything. I used to just one hand my Zuma and hold my board but OBV wont work with a clutch. Was super sketchy even on the Zuma one handed in traffic

SDDiver - did you put a surf rack on your bike? Im looking at the CSR moped rack from Carver. I think it will mount nicely to my rear rack but havent purchased yet so wondering what you use... if anything. I used to just one hand my Zuma and hold my board but OBV wont work with a clutch. Was super sketchy even on the Zuma one handed in traffic

My bike is new to me so I have a ghetto makeshift rack that I kind of pieced together and kind of works so I am technically in the same boat as you. I only travel maybe 2-3 miles from my house so its not that big of a deal.

I do, however, need to find something legit. I want to have a custom rack made to fit my paddleboard, long board and fish. Most surf racks out there are not wide enough for my thick boards. There is a company in Santee called Nomadic Cycle Racks that I am going to check out. They posted something on CL about custom racks so I'm going to start there.

The "rack" I use now has some pieces from a carver rack. Hardest part is getting on the bike once its strapped on...that and looking like a total goon riding down the street in a wetsuit haha. If you ride a short board it shouldn't be a problem tho.

haha it probably does look funny. I ride mainly 6' fish or similar but I have a longboard for weak summer days and it was interesting carrying that thing to say the least. Over 20 mph and you are holding onto a sail. I generally rode less than a mile with a board. Thankfully I live real close to some good surf at sunset cliffs so I have been walking or taking my jeep to surf while I figure out the surf rack situation. Let me know how that Nomadic Cycle Rack works out