PastaPilot

Palomar Mountain Snow Ride

I had such a gret time in the desert on the last few rides I'm doing it again. Not sure of the route but I'm contemplating reriding all that I did on the last run only instead of just riding through so many fun areas to ride in spend a little time and enjoy each location. Mainly Superstion Mt and Plaster City. Lots of fun, need to ride both a lot more.

Meeting areas and times will be the same, Santa Ysabel gas station at 8AM. Ride a lot of desert. 130-140 miles total ~20 miles paved.

Gas stop is available around 80 miles.

EDIT SEE BELOW

5th or 6th Roger.

Looks like we have one vote for 6th

And waiting for the Orange man to PM me.

jon

I hate when work gets in the way of a good ride :) 5th & 6th are both bad for me. Y'all have fun and be careful.

I just had a bit of bad news come my way. I'm thinking of cancelling or riding somewhere closer to home.

I'll let you know in the morning.

Sorry Alex, I'm bailing out. I've got housing issues to deal with. The place I've been staying is closing it's doors to me. She doesn't like having a roommate. Gotta find somewhere to live again.

Jon

Sorry Alex, I'm bailing out. I've got housing issues to deal with. The place I've been staying is closing it's doors to me. She doesn't like having a roommate. Gotta find somewhere to live again.

Jon

It's OK Jon...I'll go skiing tomorrow...Anybody wants to join me?

Alex.

Where were you thinking about riding I might be interested.

Zach

Jon

It's OK Jon...I'll go skiing tomorrow...Anybody wants to join me?

Alex.

Ride Edited and Renamed

I just saw snow all over Palomar Mt. The desert was too far for what I have to do this week so now I'm doing the Palomar Divide trail and riding some snow on well used 50/50s.

Relatively quick ride, be back mid afternoon.

Meet Ramona McDonalds at 9AM or Warner Springs Gas Station at 10AM.

Alex or Zach are you interested?

Jon

Dangit!

I am but can't

I am on the other side of the mountain snow so maybe next time.

Zach

Ride Edited and Renamed

I just saw snow all over Palomar Mt. The desert was too far for what I have to do this week so now I'm doing the Palomar Divide trail and riding some snow on well used 50/50s.

Relatively quick ride, be back mid afternoon.

Meet Ramona McDonalds at 9AM or Warner Springs Gas Station at 10AM.

Alex or Zach are you interested?

Jon

Sorry Zach, I live in PB and have to leave my house at 630AM to get to the trailhead by 9. Last ride I didn't get home until 730PM. With yesterdays news I have other things I need to do tomorrow than ride, like pack my shite again. I am going to look at a place tonight. Sounds promising, even comes with a garage space. :lol: Fingers crossed, dressed to impress.

Palomar ride only takes a few hours each way from Ramona, great trails going there and back. I'll explore a little as it's been so long since I've been up there.

Desert ride may be on again in two weeks, I'll keep you posted.

Sorry Zach, I live in PB and have to leave my house at 630AM to get to the trailhead by 9. Last ride I didn't get home until 730PM. With yesterdays news I have other things I need to do tomorrow than ride, like pack my shite again. I am going to look at a place tonight. Sounds promising, even comes with a garage space. :lol: Fingers crossed, dressed to impress.

Palomar ride only takes a few hours each way from Ramona, great trails going there and back. I'll explore a little as it's been so long since I've been up there.

Desert ride may be on again in two weeks, I'll keep you posted.

Jon- if you need help, a truck, or the enclosed trailer, give me a holler! I'm off the rest of this week, so call the cell if you need anything

Jon

If I hadn't just rented the room out to a guy I work with, hehe.

If I hadn't just rented the room out to a guy I work with, hehe.

homer_doh.gif

New times: All meeting times will be 30 mins later.

Ramona 930

Warner Springs 1030

I would call the ranger station before driving all the way out there. I have noticed in the past, that the rangers like to lock the gates on mountain dirt roads after storms, probably to keep people from getting into trouble in mud and snow or perhaps washed out, damaged stretches of trail.